... middle of paper ...
...o practice and to study the art of Radiology.
“Radiologic Technician." Health Careers In Michigan. Health Careers In Michigan, Web. 21 April 2014.
“Radiologic Technologist." Excelsior College. Excelsior College, n.d. Web. 14 April
"Radiologic Technology." South Texas College: Nursing and Allied Health Division.
South Texas College, n.d. Web. 15 April 2014.
"Radiologic Technology Program." Lansing Community College.
Radiologic Technology Program, n.d. Web. 16 April 2014.
"What's the Average Salary for Radiology Technicians?."Online Radiology Schools.
Online Radiology Schools, n.d. Web. 15 April 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are two things in common with all the x-rays taken. They all have a story and all the stories are shared with the man or women taking the x-ray. Almost everyone will have at least one x-ray in their life. Most x-ray technicians can make an impact on their patients life, no matter if it is a good or bad impact. While the patient is sitting there in minor or crucial pain, the x-ray technician has to distract them from the pain while they move them to take the x-rays. Most people do not understand just how important x-ray technicians are.... [tags: health career, radio technician]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- Veterinarian Vs. Veterinary Technician Working with animals is my passion; I want to protect, save, and help animals. Deciding on whether to go to college to become a veterinarian or a veterinary technician can be a difficult decision; however I chose veterinary technician. The cost of school, years of schooling, and the duties that are required for the day can affect that decision. To practice Veterinary medicine is a four year course of study plus the undergraduate degree (“Steps to”). Veterinarians or vets have to acquire a doctorate in veterinary medicine to practice as a vet.... [tags: Veterinary medicine, Veterinary technician]
1890 words (5.4 pages)
- Pharmacy technicians hold important roles and duties in the pharmacy. They are essentially the pharmacist’s aide, but they hold many responsibilities in controlling the drugs. I interviewed a pharmacy technician, Kathy, who worked at Doctor’s Pharmacy, an independent pharmacy. Kathy was kind enough to take some time out of her day to allow me to ask her questions, mainly about her education, roles and experiences she had as a pharmacy technician. Kathy has been a pharmacy technician for almost twenty-six years and has been certified for two years.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacy technician]
1980 words (5.7 pages)
- A Veterinary Technician is the main source of help for a Veterinary Doctor. Just like medical doctors work with nurses, Veterinarians count on Veterinarian Technicians to assist them with a multitude of things. According to a study conducted in 2012 that I read on Vet Tech Career Guide, “The majority of a Vet Tech’s time was spent on: General animal nursing, talking with and educating clients, Inducing/Monitoring anesthesia, collecting and analyzing lab samples, taking x-rays, and supervising other staff members”.... [tags: Veterinary medicine, Veterinary technician]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- I attend Boone Career and Technical Center, with a concentration in pharmacy. Pharmacy is a branch of medicine dealing with drugs and medications and their effects on the human body. My program at BCTC gave me the opportunity to participate in a clinical internship, which exposes me to many more opportunities and valuable information. I am currently enrolled in the PassAssured pharmacy technician program, and before I could start my internship I had to educate myself of the basic pharmacy operations.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacy technician]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- When I was little my teachers would ask me “Cora, What do you want to be when you grow up”. In reality, I couldn’t make up my mind on what I wanted to be ‘when I grew up’. When I was around seven, I went from wanting to be a Veterinarian to being an Astronaut, then back to a Veterinarian again. Around age 10, I wanted to be a dentist, even though I hate mouths. Then I wanted to be a Veterinarian again. Junior Year of high school came and when we started to research colleges and careers I heard that Premed programs were so hard to get into, and I wasn’t fooling anyone with my grades.... [tags: Veterinary medicine, Veterinary technician]
1858 words (5.3 pages)
- When choosing a career there are many factors that I will need to look at: will it be something I enjoy; am I just in it for the money; will the job be around years from now; how will it affect my family and me; how will I benefit from the job; and how will my personality fit in. I used to work at Conroe Regional Medical Center in the Radiology Department and watching everyone scurry around the halls was very exciting to me. I knew I always wanted to be in the medical industry I just really wasn’t sure where I would fit in just yet.... [tags: images, diagnostic imaging, machines]
1812 words (5.2 pages)
- Being a very hands-on person, I often thought I wanted to become an artist. I loved the precision and execution of doing something on my own- but I also valued communicating with and helping others. However, as I got older, I developed more of an interest in science, which grew into a passion by the time I went to college. The hands-on experience that I craved along with my passion for helping people and love of science steered me in the general direction of medicine. In the beginning, I wanted to become a surgeon; my fine motor skills were something I had always worked hard on to ensure that I could paint the finest details in my paintings, and this skill could easily be translated over int... [tags: Medicine, Physician, Emergency medical technician]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- Everyone is searching for their purpose in life. They expect it to just magically appear. But that’s not realistic at all, you need a plan. A most effective plan would clear with goals, and being prepared for any obstacles that will be on the way. For instance, my purpose is to live a long happy life and to enjoy every moment. Career wise, to become a MRI technician. And educationally, to earn an A.S. degree in radiology. Accomplishing these goals is essential to me and my purpose. Personally, just having a good life with my family is all I really want.... [tags: Family, Need, Want, Meaning of life]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Job Description: Pharmacists ensure that medications are used appropriately, and that they bring about the best results. Their responsibilities include professionally interpreting and reviewing the prescription orders written by doctors, dentists, and other authorized health care providers, and also for giving out the medications accurately to patients. The main goal of pharmaceutical care is to improve the quality of patients. lives by the use of medications that have been prescribed in order to accomplish specific results.... [tags: careers jobs]
1033 words (3 pages)