“I would like to meet new people, both male and female. No, I am not gay or Bisexual, but I plan on moving to North Carolina or Indiana (leaning towards NC) in the next year or so and would like to meet people from those states.” With that being said, I guess it’s safe to say I wasn’t looking for like, love or a relationship.
We started talking, and within the same day you asked me for my number, because you “hate talking on this app”, so I gave it to you. From there we started texting; we would ask each other random questions with the hopes of getting to know each other and from there our conversations never seem to end, until one of us fell asleep while texting (mostly you/Gabriel). However we would always pick back up from where we left off the following night. Today is September 9th, 2015 (as I am writing this) and we haven’t gone a day without speaking to each other since August 27th, 2015 and I love every bit of it. The communication between us flows so well and you’re so caring, thoughtful and understand and not a day has gone by since August 27th 2015 that you haven’t made me smile, woken me up with a “Good Morning/Morning” text, complimented me, ask “How are you?” or “How is your day going?” or “How is school/class?” and I love and appreciate that about you, it shows that you have a genuine interest in me and the things that interest m...
... middle of paper ...
...will not, or simply don’t want to wait, please do not engage in daily conversation with me that may cause my feelings or rather our feelings to get stronger for each other. I know not when we will meet, but I know I would love to meet you and I’m willing to wait and save myself for you. And with both our schedules, you working full time and with me going to school full time and working part time, it is extremely hard for us or at least for me, to carve out time to come visit and I know you don’t want to come to NYC. I don’t know when we will meet; we can meet a few days from now, weeks, months or even a year from now when I finally. I just want to make sure you’re it for the long run.
Do wait, or don’t wait, there is no trying to wait.
If you know that you can’t wait for the maximum of a year, we probably should stop while ahead so neither of us gets hurt as much.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Tinder is a mobile dating app that has taken over the online dating world and alarmingly beat out its competitors. With its game like layout, which makes the app enjoyable to use, Tinder’s amount of daily users has exponentially increased. Tinder has become popular because humans are attracted to Tinder’s design and logistics which play into real life situations. Tinder sets itself apart from other dating apps because the app acknowledges human nature’s psychology of attraction, banishes the fear of rejection, and pushes its users enough to communicate with other users.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- Checking the clock on her phone for the third time in the last 30 seconds, Ava Bibergal took a deep breath. It was 12 minutes past 3 p.m. and the time had come. Had she arrived any earlier, she would seem too eager, not good. But any later and she would seem disinterested, also not good. “This crazy. We met over an app,” Bibergal said to herself. “But then again…this is how people are meeting nowadays…” Tossing her hair confidently over her shoulder and taking a deep breath of the cool fall afternoon air, Bibergal calmed her first-date nerves and reached to push open the little black door in the alley that would lead her to her Bumble match.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, EHarmony]
1294 words (3.7 pages)
- On a Tuesday evening you were off work and decided to download the latest dating app your friends would not stop talking about. You tell yourself you have nothing better to do and had no plans that night, so how bad could it really be. Within 30 minutes you are already matching others, some of which you considered to be out of your league, but you take it as a compliment and message a few people. Things lead to another and you go on a date after talking to a guy for a week. Yes, a week. Online dating has increased in popularity over the past decade and some would argue this is the new and improved way to find your Prince Charming, while others feel there are too many barriers are risks invol... [tags: Online dating service, EHarmony, Online dating]
1644 words (4.7 pages)
- How to Stay Safe With Online Dating In recent years, online dating has become very popular with 1-in-5 Americans aged 25-34 years old using one or more of the many popular dating sites and apps, such as match.com, OkCupid, and PlentyOfFish. With the stigma of online dating gone, it’s turned out to be a great way to date, have fun, and potentially fall in love. However, online dating’s major drawcard is also it’s biggest flaw: you have no idea who the person you’re talking to really is. Romance scams are among the most common form of internet fraud, accounting for over $86 million dollars lost by Americans in 2014.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
3343 words (9.6 pages)
- Strategic Issues Reputation and Social Stigma One of the biggest issues Tinder faces is its reputation. Founded with the intent of connecting like minded individuals, Tinder’s reputation has been reduced to an app for hook-ups and one night stands. Tinder has done many things right like easing the way people communicate with potential matches, wherein people no longer have to be in social situations that encourage conversations. Users could be sitting on a couch and opt-in to flirt instead of having to drink at a bar.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
1439 words (4.1 pages)
- Argument One The first argument by Claire Roudabush is a positive argument about dating apps and how it helps her find matches the old fashion way even with the help of technology. In her argument she first talks about how there are bad sides to dating applications like, people stop interacting after talking to you for a while. After talking about the bad side of dating apps she talks about the good in the apps. She says she learned how to date the old-fashioned way by meeting people for a coffee date to get to know them better instead of, going to a bar to find someone who might not as good.... [tags: Human brain, Brain, Talk radio, Mind]
765 words (2.2 pages)
Comparing The Two Readings From Marriage Markets By August Carbone And Naomi Cahn And Love Me Tinder
- The Evolution of Relationships How we meet and interact with other companions are changing throughout generations. Between the two readings From Marriage Markets by June Carbone and Naomi Cahn and Love Me Tinder by Emily Witt explains how relationships are changing and how technology is affecting people relationships. Carbone is an expert on family law and holds the Robina chair of law, science and technology at the University of Minnesota.... [tags: Marriage, Family, Alimony, Online dating service]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- When thinking back on my past experiences in the dating scene, it’s crazy to see how much things have changed over the years. About ten years ago, I would have never thought that online dating would have grown to be as popular as it is today. It was considered a risky and almost taboo thing to do in the beginning. Now it seems that online dating services are just about everywhere. From the bigger dating services providers, such as E-Harmony and Zoosk, to the smaller services such as online personal classifieds, social media, and phone apps, it’s easier than ever to find and meet people who are interested in dating.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- This semester in for engineering by design we were assigned to design a product that we would work on for the whole semester and hopefully have complete by the end. Throughout this semester we also learned what the process of design entails. From learning how to choose a product for the market to figuring how the product would affect the environment. We learned a great deal this semester. Our group decided to design an application for the semester. This came with a lot of challenges but also a great deal of learning.... [tags: App Concept]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- Online dating maybe the latest fad that hit the world, but conventional dating will always come out to be the best in show, Online dating has several different challenges when looking for a potential partner, for example: how does he look like, does he really look like what he says he does and the major one will he/she like how I look. While conventional dating usually requires you to have met/stalked the male or female in question, and generally unless it’s a blind date conventional dating usually involves some type of spark between the two people.... [tags: dating, match, attract]
671 words (1.9 pages)