I didn’t want to drop out of High school like my mother, and brother, and drop out of college like my father. I held the highest standards for my education, I worked the hardest an 8th grader could to become a middle school valedictorian, and walk away with numerous awards for academics, athletics, and citizenship. I carried these values with me into high school and struggled as people began to interfere with my future. I was bullied, I begged to stay home and lost my motivation, I stayed this way for years. Now I’m so ashamed that I left false accusations written on the bathroom stall ruin my High School career, and experience. After my grades starting to fall from A’s to C’s and D’s I worried that my dream of college, my dream of a real career were slipping through my fingers. There is no better way to learn then through life experience, and through the bullying I learned much of who I am now, and where I wanted to be, and it wasn’t just away from my offenders. So I changed my life, I did a complete 360 and got back onto the right path. The issues with the bullying didn’t disappear so I made a difficult decision to leave my High...
... middle of paper ...
...llege. And as for getting involved at my college I hope to look into and join many clubs such as, Biology Club, and Pre-Vet Club. I feel that my involvement in these groups will increase my odds of getting into Veterinary College, along with my college student participation, and hopefully open doors for me in the future.
With this next chapter starting within months, I couldn’t be more excited to start this venture. I can’t wait to learn, and experience all of what college has to offer, there’s no better place to start my post high school career and to gain the education I need for my future career. I hope to accomplish much throughout my college years and gain the right knowledge to carry me into a life that I’ve dreamt and already have worked so very hard for. After the many obstacles I have had to endeavor, I know they shaped me to accomplish very big things.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Is life really getting better. According to Matt Ridley we have everything to be thankful for and much to look forward in the future. From the Stone Age to just a few years ago we have come a long way in bettering our lives and those of world we live in. Food is becoming more available and efficient in the land that it uses; people are living longer and being able to use their time for luxurious activities instead of slaving away for survival of the individual. If we continue down this path than our future will be even better than what we can imagine now.... [tags: Optimism, Pessimism, Better, Time]
1224 words (3.5 pages)
- Do you ever wonder why would anyone risk his or her life to come to a foreign country. What could be the reason. All I hear on the news is how they have a negative impact on the United States. It has been several years since I have been to Mexico, however; I have gone to parts of the country where you see a lot of poverty, many young children under the age of ten begging for change in the busy streets . As a mother, I would never want my children have to beg for money. Although most people may think that illegal Mexican immigrants come to America to do more harm than good, and to live off the government, there are many who do come in search of better paying jobs, wanting their children to h... [tags: illegal immigrants, mexico, mexican families]
944 words (2.7 pages)
- How to Get What You Really Want Out of Life Vagabond Reflecting "You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want." -Zig Ziglar The ultimate end goal of everyone starting self-improvement is to accomplishing their dreams. But to get what you really want out of life you have to, eventually, face your fears. But facing your fears is easier said than done (and this is why many live a life of quiet desperation). Let 's talk about the three ways to change your life, face your fears, and accomplish your dreams (and why you really need just one).... [tags: Need, Want, Miyamoto Musashi, WANT]
1442 words (4.1 pages)
- There is no doubt that everyone, including myself, can improve on his or her leadership qualities. Based on the list of ten qualities, I have chosen three that I need to work on specifically to become a better leader. The three that I have chosen are honesty, the ability to delegate, and confidence. Improving on these three qualities specifically will allow me to lead others better, improve within myself, and just become a better leader overall. The first quality I would like to improve on in my leadership is honesty.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Improve, Better]
703 words (2 pages)
- Knowing how to do certain thing require a specific skill. Since we are born, we are constantly gaining different skills from how to walk to learning how to drive. When I was younger. I always wanted to gain skills like becoming a ballerina to being an actress. However, 4-year-old me didn’t know that time that gaining those skills took. As of now, I have many things I want to learn but I must first gain the skills to become proficient in them. There are three skills I want to gain knowledge of. First, I want to learn a couple of more languages that are French and Korean.... [tags: Learning, Knowledge, Skill, Want]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- Being a minority and trying to cope with the American way is a difficult obstacle to overcome. A minority comes from different cultures and lifestyles, especially the parents which means a young youth who is a minority has a specific lifestyle to live because the parents want their child to live similarly to tradition. However, there are young minorities who are trying to bridge their personal tradition and their own American tradition together to better their life. For instance, in the novel, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie, illustrates a young Native American youth, Junior, struggling with friends pressuring him to follow tradition instead of living a diff... [tags: Native American minorities]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- Listening, or reading stories makes us feel happy. It makes us feel transcend into another realm and forget everything about the world we call reality. And we enjoy this. But why. For me, I have been surrounded by the stories my family told me about life and how they got to be the people they are now, and how one day I will have my own story. My own novel. Becoming the person we will be for the rest of our lives doesn’t just happen overnight, it’s a challenging journey that would make for a good story one day.... [tags: History of the Internet, Internet, Want, WANT]
1277 words (3.6 pages)
- ... My career change was the first event that happened after the death of my youngest sibling. I had knew at the moment what I wanted to study for and get my degree in business because I 've always enjoyed how small things can become big great things in a period of time with a lot of hard work and dedication. When I knew I was having a sibling my life changed making me want to get better grades to be able to attend a higher education school to accomplish my dream. As time passed and the time for his arrival came, we were told that due to his illness he was not going to be with us for long.... [tags: Want, Need, WANT, Nursing]
819 words (2.3 pages)
- The late 20th century has successfully witnessed the boom of sophisticated technology, which gave birth to a wide range of technological outcomes, including computer technology. Computer technology, that is a skill to manage information, communicate and a kind of entertainment media, has become an important part in modern life at work, in recreation and social networking. Whether computer technology is better or not is a complicated issue. There are different arguments that need to be examined. Most people support that computer technology is better for individual lifestyles.... [tags: Social network service, Facebook, MySpace, Better]
1570 words (4.5 pages)
- Stress is what the juggling act gets you. Having so many commitments will cause you to forget to have time for yourself. Health, happiness, and energy will plummet downhill. Doing so much at once could literally cause your body to shut down or become sick. I know because I am a survivor. Although I have learned to balance and prioritize, the different teams I was a part of didn’t want to let me go. I was an asset. So, I had to learn to step down from one event at a time. I was working myself sick trying to finagle everything that goes on in my life.... [tags: commitments, happiness, priorities]
530 words (1.5 pages)