I sit at lunch, sometimes wondering "Why do bullies target , and/or people who are not the same size, gender, have the same religion, the same sexuality as them." With so many different people out there you will hardly find anyone who agrees with you word for word. A growing problem in America with this is sexuality, teachers in a certain school from Minneapolis turn the other way if a student is getting bullied, or harassed if they have any sexual preference that is not straight. This sickens me, the thought of kids getting bullied in a place where they should feel safe over something that should not be an issue. (No one should get bullied for being themselves), I (surprisingly) have been in the same boat, I 'm Asexual, following the black, gray, white, and purple upside down triangle flag. I would like to live in a world where not wanting to do anything (or anyone ;) ) is accepted. A common belief about Asexuality is "Asexuality means your 're a sex-less virgin." Which is not true it is the the lack of sexual attraction to anyone, having the same emotional needs and are capable of forming intimate relationships. "Asexuality is a myth." Komodo Dragon, Whiptail Lizards, Hammerhead Sharks, Parasitic Wasps are all types of Asexual animals. A real myth is Asexuality is a disorder that can be fixed by preforming the act of sex (even doing research I found a man telling people who are Asexual to get raped, or masturbate O.O) I blame the children of this generation, where young girls are dressing a bit promiscuous, and boys are "discovering" girls (or boys ya know) t 's hard for anyone to live wi...
... middle of paper ...
...adpt children that where in an abusive home, and will take care of them.
Lets talk statistics,In 2011 there was a total of 3.8% of Americans considering themselves part of the LGBT group, 1.7% consider themselves lesbian, or gay, while 1.8% consider themselves bisexual, 0.3 consider themselfs as transgender. 8.2% of Americans reported engaging in same sex sexual behavior, and 11% said they had same sex attraction, than again this is just the LGBT scale. the Asexual 1% ,Pansexual 0.3% ,omnisexual 0.5%,Metrosexual (IDK). I believe the GSA (Gay Straight Alliance) should consider other sexualities.
The ideas of hating on others purely because they are different is getting over rated, it might be time for pull up our big girl/boy boxer/panties and move on.
"If sex without love exists, why can 't people understand that love without sex exists too?"-Anonymous.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My chosen emotion is concern, it is so easy to get wrapped up in everyday life and forget that others are counting on us for support and it is easy to forget to show concern for others. Moreover, I have a job that deals with giving free and reduced lunch benefits to families that qualify for the National School Lunch program, many times a family applies and then either can 't get any benefits or at times will lose their benefits because their income is higher than they initially reported (we do verify some household 's income).... [tags: Family, Time, National School Lunch Act]
784 words (2.2 pages)
- What makes cyberspace a world of opportunities for bullies. Half of U.S. Students are bullied in the traditional sense everyday, from the lunchroom and playground, to the bus and hallways. Mostly bullying takes the form of harsh words, such as teasing and taunting, without any physical punishment. This usually happens during a face-to-face encounter, such as during lunch, where there are time limits and supervision. Cyberspace, however, allows for even more tortuous days, where even going home can't stop the ridiculing and the name-calling.... [tags: gossip, online, computers]
958 words (2.7 pages)
- When people sit down and reflect on their lives, they look at the things that they’ve achieve and the things that they wanted to achieve, but didn’t get to. Most of the times when people sit down and reflect on their lives they consider themselves to be successful or to be a failure; there really isn’t any in between. There are a lot of things that people take into consideration when they analyze their lives and how they’ve succeeded at doing the things they truly wanted to. One of the most important things that I think most people take into consideration when analyzing their lives is whether or not they were successful in the workforce, growing up in the type of society that we have and hav... [tags: Pain, Suffering, Life, Opioid]
1014 words (2.9 pages)
- The most common problem in today’s world in the schools is the lunch program that they now have. Students in which are currently complaining they are not receiving enough to eat at school. Kids do not like the fact that there is no other food choices to pick from anymore. These students are hardly feeling full from these meals. These young age children, and teenagers are required to be receiving the right amount of food. So that children, and teenagers are acquiring the required amount of nutrients that they need to grow, and to be stronger.... [tags: Food, Nutrition, Meal, Lunch]
1085 words (3.1 pages)
- National Breakfast and Lunch Program The problem was that every more and more children were failing classes in school. It is not always due to the child having issues or that they have a mental disease. A lot of what we eat as humans, especially children will have an effect on our moods and behavior. The breakfasts and lunches that in the past have been served at schools are packed full of fat and sugar. This can cause children to become tired in classes, fall asleep, or it can puts the child into a sugar-dosed coma where they lose all focus in the class.... [tags: Nutrition, Meal, Lunch, School]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- Naked Lunch and A Modest Proposal In 1729, Jonathon Swift published an essay titled A Modest Proposal, which dealt with the issue of homelessness among the poor families of his country. His satirical proposal to control the population of homeless children stirred a debate on the morality of his proposal. Two hundred and thirty years later in 1959, William S. Burroughs published a novel entitled Naked Lunch, which dealt with the desperate struggle of drug addiction and the governments role in rehabilitating addicts.... [tags: Swift Modest Proposal Naked Lunch Essays]
1405 words (4 pages)
- The Struggle in My Name is Asher Lev and Naked Lunch Though most of the experiences and actions revealed in William S. Burroughs' Naked Lunch directly contradict philosophies believed by the Jewish faith, there is a definite connection between My Name is Asher Lev and Naked Lunch. This connection lies is the narrators' artistic roles in society. Both Lev and Burroughs stray from the surrealistic aspect of their mediums: art and writing, respectively, and portray life as they see that it really is.... [tags: Asher Lev Naked Lunch Essays]
712 words (2 pages)
- A breaching experiment is arguably the best way to obtain data of the sociological reactions exhibited towards a fracture in the perceived social normality. Commonly, people are able to enjoy a leisurely stroll from store to store in a shopping mall with little or no obstructions in their path. Faced with the encumbrance of someone hindering their stroll, how would they react. This is the question we strived to answer. First, we had to decide how we were going to impede their travels. The settlement ended being relatively simple; just sit down in the middle of the walkway.... [tags: Sociology]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Naked Lunch Naked Lunch has been described by the author as "brutal, obscene, and disgusting." It was declared "obscene, indecent, and impure... and taken as a whole... predominantly prurient, hardcore pornography and utterly without redeeming social importance," when brought to trial in Boston in 1965. However, declaring William Burroughs' novel to be completely without redeeming social importance seems inaccurate. Naked Lunch paints a vivid portrait of addiction in all its horror, and of the steady degradation of the addicts around whom the novel centers.... [tags: Naked lunch Essays]
406 words (1.2 pages)
- Bullies Upon reading last Sunday’s issue of the newspaper, then scanning the Editorial Pages my eyes were drawn to thick black letters entitling a column “Time to pick on bullies”. This editorial of Bill Thompson immediately laid claim that after a school shooting, news follows that the shooter was “bullied” by fellow students. Seeing where this topic was headed, I was intrigued to read on. After a short reminiscent review of how kids used to either tolerate the ridiculer, or as Mr. Thompson wrote, resort to an “old fashioned schoolyard fist fight.” He then began fortifying his stand on the issue.... [tags: Free Essay Writer]
546 words (1.6 pages)
- The Women Characters Of Homer 's Odyssey
- Raising Minimum Wage During The United States
- Autocratic Parenting Is Strict, Permissive Is Lenient And Authoritative Or Active?
- An Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder
- God Is An Element Of General Revelation And Special Revelation
- Analytical Choices Interviewing And Counseling Skills For Canadian Written By Bob Shebib