Ice cream is believed to have been made in China in 300 B.C, it was later introduced in to Europe via Italy within the thirteen century. Ice cream back then was made by taking sweet cream, custard that was then cooled down with ice. At first it was eaten by only the elite since they had access to ice therefore it was a rare treat. In the late 19th century it was consumed by Americans across all socio economic levels. There have been many technological innovations that have increased the sales of ice cream over the years. With the invention of the of steam power, mechanical refrigerators, homogenizer, electric power and motors, packing machines and new freezing process equipment the ice cream process has improved. Due to the ongoing technological advances, today’s total frozen dairy annual production in the Unites States alone is more than 1.6 billion gallons. As time and technology progressed, ice cream flavors such as Pistachio, Rocky Road, Chunky Monkey and many more have been introduced. Over the years there have been many companies that have succeeded, 40% of companies are made out of regional and local companies, 20% are made out of private label companies, and the remaining 40% are made of industry leaders such as Unilever, Nestle and of course Blue Bell. These companies are industry leaders that have not suffered greatly over the years. There was a period from 2000 to 2003 that companies added more flavors to increase their sales. In the United States the ice cream market has stayed pretty much flat, with some decreases in sales in 2009 due to the recession. The sales have not decreased much that it has greatly affected the market. The ice cream market is predicted to increase sa...
... middle of paper ...
...ost serious public health challenges of the 21st century. Overweight children are likely to become obese adults and they are more likely to develop diabetes and cardiovascular diseases at a younger age, which in turn are associated with a higher chance of premature death and disability. A major cause of obesity is an increased intake of highly fattening foods, without physical activity to burn the fat, which of course leads to an unhealthy increase in weight. Adult and children’s choices, in regards to diet and physical activity habits are influenced by their surrounding environment. Companies know that ice cream can’t be classified as being healthy but many companies worked to put out new products that have reduced far, sugar, reduced carbohydrates and added in calcium. They do this to meet the demand of consumers that are looking to live a healthier lifestyle.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Ice Scream Imagine that you and a group of your friends are walking around a coastal community in the dead of summer. Overtime, the heat has become sweltering, your neck and face are burnt and your mouth is filled with the taste of residual salt. As beads of sweat drip down your brow, you turn to the others in your group and realize that they are equally scorched. When it seems like no relief is in site, you suddenly hear the familiar chiming of an ice cream truck in the distance. In an attempt to try and obtain some sort of relief from the heat, you signal the driver and quickly gather enough money for each member of your group to make a purchase.... [tags: Criminology]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- We All Scream For Ice Cream Who in their right mind could say no to the irresistible taste of ice cream. Being one of my most favorite snacks, I will admit that a carton of ice cream never stays in the fridge for more than a week. I can remember always having ice cream as a very special treat when I was younger, mostly chocolate and vanilla. Nowadays there are so many flavors of ice cream from simple chocolate to cola flavored. Ice cream may not be as popular as you think it is so here are some fun facts the show just how much us American’s love this simple dessert.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- Grandparents are the best of friend and kind person you will ever meet. They love and care about their granddaughter very much. Children enjoy spending time with their grandparents because they are full of story and they always seem to have candy or cookie with them. Children are always excited to about their grandparents ' visitations especially on holidays or birthdays. They hoped that one day they will see their granddaughter grow up and change the world. A Long the way their life turn upside down and they never get to see that day comes to pass.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, English-language films]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- I have never been a reverential person. A tactless skeptic has burrowed in my thoughts and poked holes in any part of me that might have believed. To admit belief in something bigger than myself is a leap of faith that I simply do not know how to make. But I can admit to something important, something powerful and passionate, buried deep within my own bones. It is in my bones and my body that I have sheltered the duende. It is the most easy to recognize this duende when it is invited and prepared for.... [tags: Love, Romeo and Juliet, 2008 singles, Scream]
1562 words (4.5 pages)
- The next morning, Becca got to the ice rink just after 8:00am. With the charity event that evening, she was too restless to sleep in. Watching Ashley skate always seemed to relax her, and today was no exception. As Ashley glided across the ice, shuffling her skates to the music, Becca’s Nutcracker anxiety melted away. Only two days before Christmas, the Plymouth Ice Center was packed. There wasn’t a hockey game scheduled for that night, because of the holiday, but there were plenty of activities.... [tags: Ice hockey, Ice rink, Axel jump, Ice]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- Ice Cream Who does not love a scoop of indulgent ice cream. However, does anyone really know how or why people came to like, or more importantly, eat ice cream to this day. Ice cream has been around since the 13th century, maybe even before then, but the actual discovery or creation of ice cream still has yet to be answered. Since its creation, it has made its way all around the globe and has been altered by many cultures to fit their specific qualifications. With different lifestyles and desires, ice cream not only can be altered in flavor, but also has been changed to give many nutritional benefits for those of certain qualities and needs.... [tags: Ice cream, Milk, Custard, Butterfat]
796 words (2.3 pages)
- Edvard Munch's Painting Scream Munich Edvard Munch is looked upon as one of the most significant influences on the development of expressionism. Edvard Munch was quoted as saying "We want more than a mere photograph of nature. We do not want to paint pretty pictures to be hung on drawing-room walls. We want to create, or at least lay the foundations of, an art that gives something to humanity. An art that arrests and engages. An art created of one's innermost heart." I believe in The Scream Munch did just as he said.... [tags: Art Painting Scream Munich Essays Papers]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- Whistle or Scream While You Work Life is full of encounters with annoying, horrendous, wretched, irritating, pathetic wastes of human life, and I am in constant contact with them wherever I go. Although I have a choice whether or not I want to deal with these people, I do not have a choice at my place of employment. While working at 9 Ball Joe, a coffee/billiards hall, I am forced to interact with mainly four groups of people; from rowdy, revolting children and useless, pitiable teens, to scheming schoolgirls and bothersome regulars, a line of work seeming so simple is anything but.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1366 words (3.9 pages)
- Sea ice is frozen sea water. Salt ions in the water complicate the growth of ice crystals, and makes sea ice much more dynamic than freshwater ice. Sea ice covers nearly 7% of the Earth's surface, has a huge effect on global climate, and is one of the largest, single biomes on Earth. Ice is the solid, crystalline form of water, which solidifies at 0ºC. Roughly 9 polymorphs of ice are defined, only one, however, occurs naturally on Earth. This common form of ice is known as ice 1h, and its lattice displays six-fold rotational symmetry.... [tags: physice ice sea]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- SCREAM starts out in the quiet country region of Woodsboro, California. The silence is soon broken by the ringing of a phone coming from the inside of Casey Becker's home. The conversation between Casey and the threatening Voice, eventually leads up to having Casey scared out of her wits and being gutted. Sidney Prescott learns about the murder, and also finds out it was almost as bad as the murder of her mother (Maureen Prescott), which occurred almost a year ago. Randy Meeks, Reporter Gail Weathers, and Deputy Dewey Riley all get mixed up in the story with Sidney.... [tags: essays research papers]
558 words (1.6 pages)