Janet arrived at my office excited and jubilant. My sister shared her testimony with Janet and how Financial DNA got her to understand her finances, to assign goals for money and live in victory. I asked Janet what where her goals? Janet expr...
... middle of paper ...
...resisted the idea of moving, however, realized that $1200 is difficult to maintain and thought of taking on a roommate. Janet’s friend, also a teacher at the school, asked to move in and pay half the rent. Janet agreed that a roommate was a good overall solution for both teachers. Our debt pay-down plan was for 12 months, and if she were faithful, she would resolve $40,435 of debt and accumulate $6,000 in savings and $3,000 in checking. I asked Janet did she feel with all the new information she was ready for a car loan? Janet stated that she had some work and debt to get from under before she was prepared to make any financial decisions. I assured Janet that starting the road to fiscal responsibility was the hardest component. Nonetheless, with every step, she moved closer to security, resources, and the ability to take care of herself which were her immediate goals.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Every day we go through life dreading the call. We all know it is coming, but what we don’t know is who it will effect, or how dramatic it will change the course of our lives. April 28, 2013 I received the dreaded call. On the other end of the phone was my boyfriend of the time, wailing in despair and fear of what the future would hold, as I sat on the other line I tried to piece together everything he was saying, I caught key words such as: party, death, friend, sorry, don’t hate me. He cried, “I love you.” repeatedly knowing that everything he had said, was soaking in.... [tags: Debut albums, English-language films, Life, Love]
1042 words (3 pages)
- Feeling the confusion of not knowing my true identity. Starring at the pain of growing up not knowing my father, and watching my mother shut me out to be with a man, she hardly even knows. Watching as the pain and struggle has continuously tormented my heart leaving me the only escape of climbing into the unknown. Moving in with my aunt and uncle saved my life; they gave me the family I have always dreamed for. All my life I have questioned who I am. My mother was adopted and my father has been everywhere, but in my life.... [tags: essay about my family]
519 words (1.5 pages)
- Writer called Crystal to inform her that I received a letter from………. about her daughter. Care manager asked Crystal when she will be available to meet and complete her comprehensive assessment. Crystal said she will be very busy this month and will not be home during the day time. Crystal told care manager to mail the assessment to her and she will definitely complete and send it back to ma as soon as possible. Care manager agreed. Also care manager told her that she will mail the letter I received from ……… to her.... [tags: Management, Completeness, Understanding]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- I grew up with a family that has had a really close relationship with each other. My immediate family consists of my two parents, two older brothers, my younger sister, and me. My father has always been seen as the person with power in my family. He has taught us valuable lessons in life and has raised us with the idea that family comes first. We consider ourselves to be a strong family because whenever one of us is in need or has an issue we all support each other and help each other overcome whatever difficulty it is that we are having.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Sibling, Father]
1232 words (3.5 pages)
- When I think of family, I think of the close-knit bond I have with my family, the love between my sister and I as we have grown so much closer over the years, and the strength that one 's’ family can bring them. I know that I would not be where I am today without my family being there by my side every step of the way. It is just like that cliche saying, ¨Friends will come and go but family is forever.¨ I see it all the time people taking their family for granted, getting angry that they care for you and want your best interest, and trying to push them away.... [tags: Mother, English-language films, Family, Love]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- Being both Mexican and African American has been somewhat confusing. The black side of my family has always been the unknown throughout my life. That was until I found my African American biological father on Facebook. I started to get to know more about it and his background. It also completed me in a way because I finally get to know the unknown in my life. Which is being able to know the other half of me. Although both of my families are different race when it’s all said and done were all the same.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Nuclear family]
801 words (2.3 pages)
- Gandhi Mahatma Gandhi was an Indian by Nationality. He was born on October 2nd 1869 in Porbandar, India. He was born to Karamchand Gandhi and Putlibai. He came from a Hindu household. His father was the Dewan or the minister of the province of Porbandar. His mother was a very religious Housewife. His family followed strict rules of Hinduism, which included practice of non-violence, a lot of spiritual fasting, vegetarianism, and tolerance for other religion . In 1887, he started his college at the University of Bombay.... [tags: Mohandas Gandhi Essays]
529 words (1.5 pages)
- Every family has things they do together or a routine they do every night. My family has always watch CBS television every night. Quality time with my family has always been a huge thing in my life, although I may be in my room a lot doing homework or something else I have always made sure to spend a little bit of time with my parents from anywhere from 5 minutes before bed to a couple hours. Family is an important thing in my life, friends may come and go, but family is always there. I never actually knew how much family meant to me until my dad was in the hospital for 10 days because he had a heart attack.... [tags: Family, High school]
1546 words (4.4 pages)
- Every person belongs to a family. Whether they know them or not, whether they are dead or alive, or whether they are happy when they are together or not, everyone has one. It’s one of the aspects of life that we all have in common. There is not a single real family that is perfect. Some are divorced, some are not related by blood, and others are just messed up. Yet for some reason, even though we are all aware of the fact that our families are far from perfect, we still strive to be what we are not.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father]
701 words (2 pages)
- A topic in Christianity that seems to be overlooked often is marriage. I believe strengthening today’s marriages is an important task in ministry. Marriages tend to only be talked about in the institution of church as they begin or unfortunately as they end. The Family Ministry Field Guide states, “with that community on a mission as the context, family ministry is any activity that directly or indirectly (1) forms families in the congregation community; (2) increases the Christlikeness of the family relationships of Christians; or (3) equips and supports families for the work to which they are called together” this helped me to confirm that marriage is an important aspect of Family Ministr... [tags: Marriage, Family, Husband, Wife]
1502 words (4.3 pages)