... middle of paper ...
...out her teaching and her lifestyle. Ms. Green has been teaching for eleven years as she mention before. Ms. Green is the resource teacher at Ekstrand elementary. She helps created the referral form for students who need IEP 's. Ms. Green said she lives in Maquoketa, Iowa she has grow up in Iowa all of her life. She is a Christian that attends her church on Wednesday night and Sunday mornings. She has two children who are 16 and 25. Ms. Green told me she works with students from different grade-level throughout the day. She said she starts from the younger students to the older students. She said she works inside of her classroom and other classroom in the building. The resource room is a room where students are pulled from their classroom to get individual help and the teacher goes inside the students classroom to work with the teacher and student.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As a child I’ve always felt like an outcast because of the way I looked and behaved. No matter what I did I would receive dirty looks and hear people whisper nasty comments about me. I tried hard to blend in to try to feel and be accepted at my school, but no matter where I went people acted the same. There was a time when I had a new friend turn on me, I was followed home, and I was crowded around. In 5th grade, at Tobias elementary school, I always tried to befriend most of the new people because I knew how they felt when I was new.... [tags: Middle school, Elementary school, High school]
1809 words (5.2 pages)
- Introduction The first school me and my group observed was in the Baldwin School District with Mrs. Kraus. We observed her in two different elementary schools within the district. The first of the two was McAnnulty Elementary School. This particular school was on grades k-1. It was a smaller school that only had about three hundred fifty students total. While we were there, we observed two classes. The first class was first grade. The class was filled with different activities to foster basic music competence.... [tags: Primary school, Primary education]
717 words (2 pages)
- This semester I am in a fifth grade classroom at Stafford Elementary School. We have been working on long division. Specifically for my clinical report I taught a lesson having to do with division that focused on “Interpreting the remainder”. This lesson is from the GoMath Math program that Stafford Public Schools has adopted for this school year (Lesson 2.7: Interpret the Remainder, 2015). At the start of the lesson most students struggled with finding out exactly what the questions were asking.... [tags: Division, Elementary arithmetic, Problem solving]
2039 words (5.8 pages)
- One of the main struggles for principles and school boards in elementary schools is wondering if the district should switch classes, therefore this debate has been going on for a long time. Expert’s opinions vary, so greatly, that the vote has gone on since 2006. So far, some districts have tried out departmentalization, but the group is not widespread. The schools that have integrated switching classes start at either kindergarten or fifth grade. Some, but not an innumerable group, have started in fourth; furthermore, some schools would rather start at kindergarten for the reason that starting them at that age has them already prepared for middle school when they reach that step in their li... [tags: Principles, School Boards, Elementary School]
1230 words (3.5 pages)
- I observed all together a total of 4 schools. I also observed some of the school’s classrooms more than once. One of my schools was Grand Prairie Elementary School district 157c. Another I observed grades through kindergarten, first, and second. The next school was Frankfort Park District preschool. Another was Lincoln Way Central High School district 210 were I was able to observe grades 9, 10, 11, and 12. Lastly I observed Haines Elementary School district 122. All the schools allowed me to observe and were friendly and kind.... [tags: High school, Education, School, Teacher]
1342 words (3.8 pages)
- Elementary Education Kindergarten and Elementary school teachers complete a rigorous and fulfilling task each day by preparing young minds for a great future. They do this by teaching them basic fundamental subjects, such as reading and math. It is a job that not everyone can do and an individual must take into consideration the work, salary, and hours that come with it. History Education has been around for a long time, but in the year 1000, most people were uneducated because it was not deemed necessary.... [tags: Teacher, Education, School, History of education]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- Treeline Elementary School Reflection Monday, February 1st, I observed Ms. Warhendorf’s second grade class. Ms. Warhendorf is the students’ teacher, but most of the lessons were taught by a Florida Gulf Coast University student doing her Level II internship. The class was quite diverse. The class consisted of Causcasion, Hispanic, and Black students. There were multiple students with learning disabilities. The classroom was diversely decorated with bullying posters stating, “Take A Stand. Lend A Hand.” The posters showed a diverse group of students.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Student, School]
873 words (2.5 pages)
- Children confront many transitions throughout their lifetime that can be stressful. They face their first transition from home to school, elementary to middle school, middle to high school, and high school to college or work (Schumacher, 1998). However, the transition from elementary to middle school seems to be harder for adolescents due to the personal changes of puberty. Research suggests that roles, expectations, and responsibilities are the primary concerns of students (Akos, 2002). In order to make this transition easier, programs such as “blocking, shadowing, or buddies” need to be implemented the year preceding middle school and continue through the first year of transition.... [tags: Elementary Education, secondary education]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- Located in north-central Mississippi, ABC Elementary School is part of the XYZ County School District. While historically recognized for athletic accomplishments, XYZ County Schools have only recently gained recognition for educational accomplishments. ABC Elementary School has contributed to the growth and educational accomplishments of the district. ABC Elementary’s average enrollment of approximately 500 students serves grades pre-K through 6. The teacher to student ratio is approximately 14:6.... [tags: High school, Education, Middle school, Teacher]
1779 words (5.1 pages)
- When I first entered the classroom I noticed how different this elementary school was from my own. It is the only other elementary school I have been in other than the one I attended. This allowed me to get a better understanding on how every school is unique and different from the next. When I first met Joel I noticed how happy and talkative he is. Right away we had a conversation and he never wanted to stop talking. While we would try to read he would get easily distracted, but not because he did not know the words more since he could not stay focused.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Classroom]
915 words (2.6 pages)