A long term friend, Danny Pina from Tucson Arizona, once told me at the impressionable age of 16 that we as Homo sapiens are entitled to nothing. My step-father, which is not like a step-father and more like a Dad, once told me during my childhood years that god has a plan… Working in the background in mysterious ways to give you entitlement to something out of the gift of life. His son died on the cross for our sins son, and god has the universe made in a simplistic way: That even if I lose my job, home, you… I still have my knowledge, memories and wisdom.
Of course, at age 7, listening to my drunken father, after Dallas Cowboys lost; I had no idea what he was talking about. Both of us sitting on his front porch, staring out into the empty street which represented the empty, cloudy, Sunday night sky. All I remember was that I asked “Why is my pee yellow.” He was just in a trance of depression from the horrible mixture of The Cowboys losing, attending his unchanging, dull environment of Target tomorrow as a team manager, and the poison he was digesting: Bud Light. Once you reach that trance of drunkenness, you know you’re not doing anything tomorrow. He called in sick that Monday morning. When you are in that state of drunkenness you think and feel you are in reality, but all you are doing is a self-psychoanalysis of yourself. Eating yourself inside out and thinking everyone is asking you the question that’s floating around in your head; but all it is… is just a thought. That’s when people s...
... middle of paper ...
...tton up shirt, wanting more, newly grad going to fit in my everyday life?” Great minds think alike, but using the same minds for the same thing will create no creativity, only productivity. This entitlement is only implemented if we as living organisms are fortunate enough to live into adult, coming of age life. What entitlements does the hidden depth teenager, who doesn’t live past 16 years of age have? What entitlements does a 95 year old, isolated, consumer of space on this lone earth, woman have? What entitlements does a new born infant have? I believe in the fact that we as living organisms, living in this infinite universe we believe is infinite because we can only see so far, are entitled to our present. We live only in the present; past and future is nothing but a dream. When living organism die… When living organisms are dead, we are entitled to a mystery.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Every year, as another summer comes to a close, high school seniors all over America anxiously begin to explore different colleges, seeking letters of recommendations, and meticulously revise their applications with the hope of getting into the colleges of their dreams. Many of them want to walk out of those institutions with a degree in a safe major, a path that their parents and the media had compelled them to take with the argument that it would make it easier for them to find work after they graduate.... [tags: Higher education, College, Education, Curriculum]
1631 words (4.7 pages)
- Over the past few decades, there has been a dramatic shift in college experience and job opportunities: College tuition has spiked, students have to work more to pay for their education, there are new fields of study and discoveries that hadn’t existed previously, and there are new standards in order to be deemed successful in each respective field. There is no doubt that college age students, roughly aged 18-22, would start to feel this pressure as it coincides with other constant pressures such as moving out, being financially independent, and having a new social freedom.... [tags: Management, Health, Education, Mental health]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- College is an opportunity to get a degree to get a good job. Student parents are parents that are also college students. Student parents decide to go to college to get a better job to support their family, but this is hard to do because many colleges do not provide child care or services for families who have a child and want to go to college. “Despite the fact that there are 3.9 million student parents enrolled as undergraduates, they face significant barriers to postsecondary success, and institutions are ill-prepared to provide for their needs” (Elisa Garcia).... [tags: University, Higher education, College, Education]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Due to the internet’s explosive growth within the past few decades, it is far more simple to find someone with a social media profile rather than without. A few years ago, many would have found the idea of ones potential boss searching through their online profile to discover who that person is when not in an interview ridiculous. This is a fact that every individual leaving college and looking for a job in his field needs to take into consideration. Social media is no longer just a platform to catch up with old friends and share cute cat photos.... [tags: Employment, Sociology, The Work, Friendship]
2002 words (5.7 pages)
- You’re 50 years old, sitting at the bar with your best friend of over 30 years, talking about the good ole days, reminiscing about your first love and how you looked forward to that first day of work at the job you thought you would have for the rest of your life. Suddenly you find out that your best friend just lost his job of thirty five years to a “snot nose kid” who just graduated college with a bachelor degree in engineering. Not even a generation ago, most parents thought that college was a waste of time and money.... [tags: college education]
801 words (2.3 pages)
- Student Employment Everyone is in need of a job during college life. A job provides not only financial help to students, but also practical knowledge in their area of study. When I came to UNM for my undergraduate study, I was in search of a job for financial help. I searched many resources which could help me getting a job, but I was jobless for two months. Finally, I found a resource, which is very helpful for student like me, called as “Student Employment”. I used to think that it will be difficult for a college student to get a job but now, I found that student employment office has made a process of getting a good job related in our field of study easily.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Student, Education]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- ... To help more students afford and graduate from college, Bowie State University, for example, has taken steps to address these challenges by providing high-quality and affordable educational opportunities for students. Bowie State University has taken new steps to improve academic performance by reducing college costs, establishing a professional learning community, and offering a wide-variety of extracurricular activities to improve students overall productivity. To solve the challenges confronting socio-economic cultures, Bowie State University reduces college costs by reforming student loans, providing need-based assistance, and offering scholarships to help students pay for school.... [tags: low-income, minorities, education]
614 words (1.8 pages)
- Getting a job is probably the most worrisome matter for college seniors. Nowadays most students deem college education as an investment that can eventually bring profits in the long run in terms of a financially successful career. To this end, a great number of students major in the most lucrative majors, which are not their actual interests. Luckily, I am able to dive into the field I love in college, and it blends with my career goal perfectly. I like teaching and conducting research, so I hope to become a psychology professor at a research university some day.... [tags: School, Education, College, Psychology]
714 words (2 pages)
- My College Experience Having a job made me fear starting college because I knew it was going to be a lot of weight on my shoulders. Though, I knew if I wanted a better life that meant I would have to go back to school. Meaning I had to do both school and work because of my car payment and other bills. After a year of being out from high school, I decided to take a chance and start college. Getting an education has always caused stressed upon me. School did not come easily to me, like how it does for most others.... [tags: High school, College, Want, Debut albums]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- Nowadays, the numbers of students who are always looking for a part time job while they are attending college is increasing every day. According to an article was published in 1998 on The Futurist, the number of students who have a part-time job increased from 5% of students in the 1950s to almost 70% of the students in some communities (“Jobs hurt school performance” n. page). Because of a bunch of fee and cost that students have to handle, working during college seems to be a necessity than an option.... [tags: Full-time, Part-time, Part-time employment]
1035 words (3 pages)