I had four major goals when setting out to complete this project, two qualitative, and two quantitative. The two qualitative goals were to foster a sense of purpose among group members, and to leave the museum in a better position to open than when we first arrived, respectively. With regards to the first, it was really aimed at both myself, and my followers, because seeing the purpose in something, allows one to be more devoted to the task, and the others completing the task alongside you. As for the second, which was really aimed at the project itself, and the client organization, our main stakeholder, as their...
... middle of paper ...
...eason, then, that I exhibited middle of the road leadership, is because I showed concern for my followers, and welcomed their input on all matters, and even on the task undertaken when skills alone could not be the determining factor. I also put extreme importance on production, and quality thereof, but I rank both of these as moderate, because I allowed them to interfere with one another, rather than build upon one another to form the most effective team leadership style (Lussier & Achua, 2007). Part of the factor here was also time, this team was not in existence for a long time, and relationships between followers could not become very deep, aside from relationships that had occurred outside of the project environment, but even in this case, those relationships being not of a working nature, could not be expected to produce the most efficient teamwork right away.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A major issue for today’s colleges and universities is the increased diversity of students. Thoroughly define the term ‘diversity’. Also, discuss the implications that this increased diversity has for college and university academic and/or administrative leaders. According to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary (2016), the definition of diversity is, the condition of having or being composed of differing elements, variety; especially the inclusion of different types of people (as people of different races or cultures) in a group or organization.... [tags: Education, Higher education, Cultural diversity]
1183 words (3.4 pages)
- Student Support Services (SSS) is a marvelous program that is federally funded on the campus of Western Kentucky University which provides academic advisement, personal counseling, tutoring, and other services to help students adjust to college life, succeed academically and graduate from the university. I have worked for this program since the beginning of my sophomore year and I am also a current participant. It’s like a family away from home. I pretty much know everything there is about this program but I wanted to go behind the scenes of the organization to inform others.... [tags: students, academic advisement]
1540 words (4.4 pages)
- Fellow Students of the University of Kentucky: All of you have demonstrated your ability and are demonstrating a concern with who you are and what will you become, otherwise you wouldn’t be students of this institution. If you’re here by force, someone has that concern on your behalf. Before I further judge your justification for being a student, I will provide mine. If I were an idealist, concerned only with matters of ideal purpose, I’d state my reasons as a desire to achieve a classic education.... [tags: Taxation in the United States, Tax, Economics]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- So, share and discuss two ideas or suggestions from your experience this semester to assist fellow students in MAXIMIZING their STUDY environment. I work full time as an RN in a CCU unit, single mother of a beautiful 6 years old girl and across the world from home. It gets lonely and stressful at times, but having a big planner helped me a lot. It costs like 6 dollars in Walmart and its big with enough space to write down assignment due dates. I would circle the days I must work, so sometimes I had to work on the assignments way before due dates.... [tags: Nursing, Nurse, Nursing shortage]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- Purpose The purpose of this exercise was to discover how students perceive the use of alcohol, focusing on the differences between their countries of origin and Scotland. The particular theme was selected, because since I moved in Edinburgh, I noticed that alcohol consumption is one of the usual subjects of discussion among international students. I observed that this is an issue, which troubles many non-UK students. More specifically, every time I was in the company of young people from different countries, we used to discuss about the differences we notice regarding the way that Scottish people entertain themselves, the important role that alcohol holds in their lives and what differences... [tags: Alcohol Use by Scottish Students]
3280 words (9.4 pages)
- Led Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy Led Zeppelin is arguably one of the best rock n’ roll bands of all time. They were collectively some of the best musicians ever to play rock n’ roll music, and were also great lyricists. Robert Plant (the lead vocalist) was quoted as saying that for some of the songs that he wrote, he felt that someone pushed the pen for him. Whether some mysterious force was moving his hand or not, one things for sure, Led Zeppelin wrote some timeless masterpieces of music. They were formed from the ashes of British blues-rockers the Yardbirds.... [tags: Led Zeppelin Rock N' Roll Bands Essays]
5007 words (14.3 pages)
- Have you ever been in a class where the teacher knew all of the students and you could tell the teacher genuinely cared about your success in the class. Now think of a class where you could be completely anonymous and never have to speak with your teacher. When you pictured these two different settings you probably imagined a small and personable class for the former, and a plethora of students filling up a lecture hall for the latter. The educational benefits of the teacher working with a small group of students is accessible to all of the students present, whereas the larger lecture hall style of class could lead to students not being able to succeed if they cannot readily receive assista... [tags: Nursing, Patient, Nurse]
1359 words (3.9 pages)
- I remember the shock I felt when I heard about the death of one of my fellow classmates. How could someone that I just saw in the hallway yesterday be gone. The day I heard the news was a Wednesday. It was the hump day before spring break which is the best week of a high schooler’s high school career. I remember getting home from school that day and dissolving into my bed avoiding all responsibility thinking, “Two more days Molly you can do this. I believe in you.” I expected the afternoon to go like most of mine in the past.... [tags: High school, English-language films]
1648 words (4.7 pages)
- This journal entry will discuss and provide examples of core values of a group leader and core knowledge of a group leader. In addition, the references that were used for this assignment include information from Chapter 3 in the textbook and the transcript and video tools provided for completing this assignment. Furthermore, the examples I provided may not necessarily fit exactly, however, to some degree they do and do not. However, I tried to find some examples that represent who I am and I believe that when reflecting upon these examples they do show a great reflection of many things that do fit.... [tags: Ethics, Sociology, Group dynamics, Psychology]
2137 words (6.1 pages)
- Students who excel in class and are successful throughout life have something in common which is much more important than accreditations and high test scores. Through the use of analytical, practical and creative thinking skills they are able to face life’s greatest challenges. Every educational institution has good and bad students, so in order to boost your chance at success you need to surround yourself with the good students. Noticing patterns can help you see the differences between students, for example; the students who show up late everyday, those who never take notes, those who always procrastinate and those who never contribute anything when they are in groups.... [tags: Students]
505 words (1.4 pages)