TJ Has been in the scarsdale schools education system from second grade to eleventh grade. During pre-school he went to preschool in RyeBrook new york. In kindergarden and first grade he attended school at everglades elementary school in florida. During eleventh grade TJ joined the BOCES program that scarsdale high school offered. BOCES stand for Board of Cooperative Educational Services. This program provides schools with alternative classes for students. Tj’s experience In BOCES was interesting because he was able to try out different subjects. He started with auto shop class but, realized he didn’t like building cars. Then he tried a cooking class and didn’t like that class too much. But then he signed up for a video production class. He really enjoyed this class because he was able to be creative with a camera and editing videos. During TJ’s years in high school he would have friends that were both girls and boys. Some of his friends would smoke and drink so this became a social habit when they would hangout. TJ started smoking cigarettes at age fifteen but, he quit at age 19 and is currently only using vaporizing mods where he can control the nicotine amount. TJ found a suitable d...
... middle of paper ...
...han enough money to support his family. TJ’s ethic background is caucasian. He does not know his exact culture because he was adopted and does not know his birth parents culture or background. TJ was raised catholic and was baptized, but he was able to make his own decisions during adolescents about his religion and currently does not believe in religion. TJ says that his view on religion is that people should not have to be defined as anything. He does not want to be labeled as any thing for not believing in any religion. He doesn’t resent other people for believing in their religions. He believes in being a good person and helping people in need with out Gods will.
TJ believes that his cultural and religious experiences do not change or impact him at all. This does not affect the way he lives his life and he just focuses on helping others and being a good person.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In Richard Russo’s novel, Empire Falls, he tells the stories of many different characters that are longtime residents of a small mill town in Empire Falls, Maine. Some of the residents, like Miles Roby, born and raised in Empire Falls, and his mother, Grace Roby, who worked for C.B. and Mrs. Francine Whiting, who are the owners of the mill and most of the town. Because of the events throughout the years, Francine ended up running the business by herself. Mrs. Whiting called Miles and asked him to come home to help take care of his ailing mother.... [tags: empire falls, richard russo]
1044 words (3 pages)
- The person I interviewed is a Hispanic woman in her early 40s and when asked which aspect of her life has gone through the most change, the first thing that she said was her love life. This woman has been married twice, divorced twice, and is currently in a relationship. She has four kids, the two oldest kids are from her first marriage, the third child is from her second marriage, and the last one is from her current relationship. When asked to describe how each relationship impacted her as a person she said they each taught her something new about life and shaped her into the person she is today.... [tags: Marriage, Family, Love, Alimony]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- Having interviewed an office staff and a student, I was informed how they have thought and handled some particular problem once dining at a restaurant. My main purpose is to elicit diners’ attitudes toward dining habits and understanding of their experiences. The interview gave me an opportunity to talk with them individually so as to discuss my research topic more fully. To have a successful interview, I presented myself as a nonjudgmental, polite, and empathetic listener. I used my cellphone as a recording device; and I had to make sure that the battery was fully charged before the interviews.... [tags: Social class, Sociology, Working class]
1462 words (4.2 pages)
- In the award-winning novel, Empire Falls, by Richard Russo, there is a glimpse into the lives of the people who live in a small mill town in Empire Falls, Maine. There are many different inhabitants of this small town, but the character who is easiest to feel connected to is Christina, or "Tick", Roby. Tick is very mature and grown-up for her age and she avoids trouble as much as possible. While she is in her junior year of high school, she seems to be experiencing many more burdens than the average teenager.... [tags: Literary Analysis, Adult Actions]
1061 words (3 pages)
- a. Miles Roby: Dynamic, Main character of the story and operator of the Empire Grill. While Miles spends the duration of the book trying to flee Empire Falls- his dream is nearly achieved as a teenager when he attends a small catholic college in New York but his dreams are cut short when his mother becomes ill and he needs to return to the town to work to provide for his mothers medical expenses. Everything seems to be holding Miles in Empire Falls until Mrs. Whiting (a very influential and controlling figure in Mile’s life) dies in a struggle with control.... [tags: story and character outline]
770 words (2.2 pages)
- My research paper is on christianity. I interviewed a devoted christian Nick Anderson. Anderson is a member of Beulah United Church of God. The interview took place on Monday evening, at the Beulah church. I started the interview by first introducing myself, as well as informing Nick of the type of questions I’d be asking. I was very grateful and appreciative to his participation in my interview. He and his family has been a close friend to my uncle for years. He always invited us to gatherings at the church, particularly for the free lunches that were given out on mondays.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, Bible, Question]
846 words (2.4 pages)
- I remember an old saying my mother used to tell me, “Never say never”. Is this true. I would have never expected this to be true till something happened to me that changed my life till this very day. Growing up I was oddly very cold hearted. I guess I was never the gurly girl always crying after a finger nail broke or the kind of person that wore her heart on her sleeve. I would always keep things to myself and let it be the day someone saw me cry. Most people just thought I wasn’t human. Crying wasn’t something I was used to but I didn’t know one instance would make me shed oceans.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1638 words (4.7 pages)
- Have you ever had that one special friend that you knew would be there for you through thick and thin. That special friend, who can read your thoughts, finish your sentences, and make you smile when you are feeling blue. A friend is someone who is honest and you can trust. A friend is someone who you hang out with, and someone you rely on. Friendship is being there for someone when they need you. That person for me is my best friend Katrina. She is the kindest, sweetest person I have ever known.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
600 words (1.7 pages)
- Darkness, Be My Friend Darkness, Be My Friend is the fourth book in John Marsden's series consisting of Tomorrow, When the War Began, In the Dead of the Night and The Third Day, The Frost, in which seven young people are thrown into the middle of a violent war zone. Ellie, Fi, Kevin, Lee, Homer, Robyn and Corrie set out on a camping trip to a remote part of their district. They find their way into a remote basin surrounded by dangerous cliffs and difficult terrain, where they are completely safe and cut off from the rest of the world.... [tags: Darkness, Be My Friend]
648 words (1.9 pages)
- Darkness be my friend Title: Darkness Be My Friend Author: John Marsden Publisher: Pan Macmillan Publishers Publishing Date: 1996 Plot: Darkness, Be My Friend is the fourth book in John Marsden’s series consisting of Tomorrow, When the War Began, The Dead of the Night and The Third Day, This book is in which seven teenagers are in the middle of a violent war. Ellie, Fi, Kevin, Lee, Homer, Robyn and Corrie go camping to a remote part of their district. They find their way into a remote valley surrounded by dangerous cliffs and difficult terrain, where they are completely safe and cut off from the rest of the world.... [tags: Darkness be my Friend]
1066 words (3 pages)
- Should College Of Best Be A Large University Or A Smaller Technical School?
- The Declaration Of The United States Of America
- Analysis Of The Movie ' Macaulay Culkin '
- Project Excell : Extending College Education For Lifelong Learning
- Victims Of Sexual Abuse And Substance Abuse
- I 'm Lying Confessions Of A Media Manipulator By Ryan Holiday