I have found that one challenge educators struggle with is reaching each student in the manner that he or she best understands any material. The two main learning differences that I experienced in my internship classroom were that some students enjoy and benefit from hands-on activities while others like to visualize the material. Not only is it difficult at times to reach every student with the format they best understand but there are also some students that would be rated “above average” and some “below average” which adds to the challenge of presenting the lesson in an understandable fashion. While teaching this unit, I was able to incorporate each one of the learning styles to help reach the students different needs.
One of the objectives in this unit for the students to learn dealt with unit rates and where they might encounter them in everyday life. I had the students to create real life unit rates from sales paper ads from Dollar General, Piggly Wiggly and Fred’s. The students had to find three items...
... middle of paper ...
...t any other time. I was amazed at the diversity found in this classroom due to the fact that before I began student teaching, I didn’t really think about the different ways a student learns and retains material. Now actually seeing it firsthand made me realize just how important it is to try and incorporate ways to address each learning style with all students. The one challenge regarding student diversity in the classroom is making sure I try to meet all the needs of the students. Making sure that students benefit from and learn the material that is being taught to them is a struggle because students learn in so many different ways. One student may learn by activities versus another students may learn by lecturing. It is important as a future teacher that I make sure that students needs are being met and that they can understand the material being taught to them.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Internship with the Police Department Throughout my one hundred and twenty-hour experience with the Gloversville Police Department, I learned many skills, values and the ways of this Police Department. Many of the calls and situations I went to often could relate to a certain theory that I learned in any of my law classes. I would recommend any student majoring in Criminal Justice to try to take an internship with a local law enforcement agency. I am currently signed up for the civil service test for Gloversville Police Department, If I do qualify for the Police I believe that this internship will give me a huge head start.... [tags: Internship Police Department Criminal Essays]
2172 words (6.2 pages)
- Introduction The purpose of this report is to discuss the overall internship experience. Topics I will be covering are the four task areas that were checked off by my supervisor on the internship agreement forms. Those task areas were: Estimating, Safety, Project Administration and Management, and Field Layout and Surveying. Also, I will discuss different activities, experiences and lessons I learned throughout the whole internship. Internship Orientation and Preparation There was not much to the orientation process for myself.... [tags: Project management, Construction, Project]
1413 words (4 pages)
- I have learned so much from this internship process and many things have gotten me ready for what I experience and other not as much. There have been many positives that have happened and other negative that have made me stronger as a person and stronger in my faith. I had only been at CCU for one semester before this internship and the classes that I took all did help me in some way or another throughout my internship. The first classes would be my New Testament class and Old Testament class, which taught me so much for than I ever knew about the bible, with the people, dates, fact ect.... [tags: God, Bible, Youth, Jesus]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- As part of my curriculum, I am required to take a prerequisite for Internship class to prepare me to enter the criminal justice field. In the Pre-internship class, we were introduced to potential employers and taught how to represent Virginia State University In the workplace. I learned how to represent my university and conduct myself in a professional manner. Through this class we did exercises to challenge our workplace thinking and test our reactions in various scenarios. Every week we were required to dress business casual for the employers that were invited to class.... [tags: Law, Crime, Lawyer, Criminal law]
1643 words (4.7 pages)
- Prior to my internship with Liberty Mutual, I had previously only had one IT job. As a result, I did not have an extensive IT work history. Furthermore, as a sophomore, I also did not have the IT coursework that other interns had. These two circumstances resulted in Liberty Mutual IT Help Desk being the perfect internship. Prior to my internship, I had taken CIT 17600: Information Technology Architectures. During that course, I learned the different components of computer and how to troubleshoot common computer issues.... [tags: Project management, Employment]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Although I have been offered this internship for the entire school year, this week marks my tenth week that I am registered for. My oh my am I happy that it is not really over, I would be sad. CONMED has grown on me, and I believe I have also grown on them. I really enjoy it here and I am happy that I have the opportunity to work with this company for the rest of my school year. However, I will say it will be nice to just come to work and not worry about assignments that have to be done alongside my internship.... [tags: Mind, Debut albums, Thought, A Little Bit]
808 words (2.3 pages)
- In the months preceding the start of my Federal Tax internship with KPMG, LLP this past summer, I had mixed expectations not only about the potentially difficult work I would be asked to complete, but also about how I would fit in at such a big and prestigious accounting firm with my limited experience and knowledge. In anticipation of my summer at KPMG, I would find myself searching the Internet for articles and forums with helpful advice for new coming “Big-Four” accounting interns and brushing up on some potentially helpful excel formulas.... [tags: Investment, Mutual fund, Hedge fund, Partnership]
1479 words (4.2 pages)
- In the summer of 2014, I was one of twelve students from around the country selected for a premedical internship that focused on adult nephrology. During this internship, I observed physicians at Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital in San Antonio, TX. The internship reaffirmed my desire to become a physician and provided me with several reasons that this is the correct career path for me. When I arrived, I was eager to spend my summer observing as many surgeries as I could. I thought that my time spent in the OR would be my favorite part about my internship.... [tags: Physician, Medicine, Internal medicine]
780 words (2.2 pages)
- It has been a while since I started at the internship and I am really glad I decided to work here. I think the experience in this area is a good preview of my career and future. I am learning some important skills and finding out some things about myself and the tough skin I will need in order to stay in the area of juvenile support. One of my responsibilities involved checking the messages from the days before on the office phone. I found that some of the potential mentors sounded older. This got me wondering about the age limits of the mentors.... [tags: Reflection Paper]
1370 words (3.9 pages)
- Dallas County Adult Probation Denise Catherine Tobias 133 North Industrial Blvd Dr. Barrum Dallas, TX 75207 REPORT #7 Evaluation and Consolidation of Goals Your final report should be a complete report of your internship experiences under the title “How I Evaluate Myself as a Future Criminal Justice Worker,” and may not exceed five typed pages. Describe the extent to which the theoretical knowledge included your course work at the College of Criminal Justice at Sam Houston State University contributed to your field practice experience during your internship.... [tags: essays research papers]
1132 words (3.2 pages)