I had the opportunity to not only sit in but also help out in a kindergarten classroom. The classroom teacher I stayed with for the day has been teacher for 8 years and a substitute teacher for a year and half. She graduated from The University of Findlay and got her masters at Bowling Green University. Upon graduation, she hoped to teach either second or third but got hired in as a kindergarten teacher. In the interview, I asked if she had the chance to do it all over again, would she. She said out of the seven sections, she would be the only one to do it again in a heartbeat. She absolutely loves the age, smiles, and the freedom with the creativity she can do with the students while teaching. Mrs. Pugh, loves this level of children and all the light bulb moments that come to children. The growth, from coming into the classroom knowing very little, to leaving the classroom knowing so much. Throughout the interview, I learned there are many rewarding factors in the education career, there are many challenges you first have to go through...
... middle of paper ...
... always be a demanding and stressful job. For myself, I rather have the stress coming from the older children rather than the younger children. In my interview, Mrs., Pugh said that even though she loves teacher kindergarten, she does not believe she will be able to teach it all 30 years. She said she will have to eventually move up grades because kindergarten is so physically demanding. I love the learning environment in the Elementary classroom, but the constant test and assessments that are being tested and the demand of the children is just not the career I want to follow. Without the interview and experiences in the classroom, I would have never been able to completely make up my mind.
I am very glad I have been able to partake in field experience. I’ve gained a lot of knowledge about the children, classroom environment and useful information about teaching.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Having really enjoyed the first year of the BSc Health and Social Care course, this gave me the opportunity to work in the Royal Gwent Hospital where I have found an environment I really enjoy working in and I am committed to developing my career within the NHS. I came to realise that embarking on this course would best suit my compassion and innate desire to help and care for people. Since as long as I can remember I have always been fascinated by the natural world and working within the laboratory has fuelled my ambition to pursue this career.... [tags: Career Goals]
672 words (1.9 pages)
- Career Project Growing up, I was told many, many times that a great career choice for me would be to become a lawyer. Whether it was my public speaking skills, opinionated attitude, or self confidence, it seemed obvious that I would have much success as a lawyer. It always seemed to be an attractive idea, seeing as there are multiple lawyers in my family and quite honestly the money earned as a lawyer caught my eye. Lawyers are now and have been for a long time a basic necessity of society. This project allowed me to further explore the career, and helped me get a grasp on whether or not it would be a good choice for me.... [tags: Career Goals]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- I grew up in a working family in which my brother and I were the first generation that ever went to college. As a kid, one of the things that I witnessed the most was seeing my parents and other family members, who had limited access to education, struggled with reading and understanding medication labels. We were immigrants, and the fact that I didn 't speak English and had zero knowledge of drugs and medications really upset me for a long time, and the experience eventually became my motivation to pursue pharmacy as my future career.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Pharmacist, Medicine]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- In the book Introduction to Research: Less Fright, More Insight: a Customized Version of Research Methods: Are You Equipped?, the author defines a case study as “an in-depth observation of an individual, animal, event, or treatment method (pp. 73).” In this paper, the student will be writing a case study about herself, and she will explain what it is that she has learned about research. More importantly, the student will then evaluate her experience from a biblical, Christian perspective.... [tags: Research, Scientific method]
1045 words (3 pages)
- I am currently a 39-year-old licensed practical nurse (LPN), mother, wife, and daughter. I have work within the healthcare field since the age of 18. I started out as a healthcare aid working in home care as a part-time and as a casual employee with a long-term-care facility. I enjoyed working with the geriatric community and found my job rewarding. During my years within the home care setting I branched out into palliative care and respite care. After getting married and having children, I made the decision to further my education and enrolled in the LPN program at NorQuest College .... [tags: Nursing, Registered nurse]
1403 words (4 pages)
- Just a decade ago small dental clinics in India usually treated their patients without any anesthesia. My first visit to the dentist office was predictably painful: I had two of my primary teeth taken out without any anesthesia. I vowed never to return to a dentist’s office ever in my life. For the next ten years, my fear of being in pain prevented me from going to the dentist and my parents were no help since they did not believe in going to clinic for their own checkups. After moving to US, I was still reluctant to go to a dentist because of my initial fear.... [tags: Personal Experience]
958 words (2.7 pages)
- Upon completion of my degree, I would like to gain employment in an elementary school in Eastern Oklahoma as a highly qualified teacher. Although, I prefer to work with emergent learners at a young age, I would also enjoy working with older students. After I have gained employment, I will return to school to obtain a master’s degree in special education. As a teacher, I will take on many roles, but one of the most important is that of a leader. Students will need someone to lead them in the right direction.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Profession, School]
998 words (2.9 pages)
- My work and experiences serve as a stepping stone into my future as a Physician Assistant. As a PA, I would use use my training in the area of women 's health and would strive to provide high quality of care, working together as a team in returning patients towards good health. I look forward in using my training as a PA to minister services not just locally, but also abroad where it all began for me. As a child born in a third world country there were many events and life altering experiences that drew me to healthcare.... [tags: Health care, Patient, Medicine, Physician]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
- As a quiet, shy and reserved person the work field with my current experience have shown me that the very principles of being a future supervisor may have a small challenge due to my personal comfort zone limits. Even though I still strive for future success and possibly a supervisor position at some point in my current career I will have to overcome this fear and face the challenges and duties that come with this position. At some point in time I plan to accept this challenge and gain skills as well as experience from my previous employers to have the principles of supervision to be used at the correct moment.... [tags: Learning, Skill, Leadership, Customer service]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- From an early age, I have always had a keen interest in the world of accounting. From studying Accounting at A-level, I have gained further knowledge into this particular subject of my choice. I am currently studying A-levels in Accounting, Chemistry and ICT. I also done Biology but chose not continue the subject into second year. Each of these subjects has given me many different options to apply for at university. The subject I am most interested in studying at university is financial accounting at various university available to me.... [tags: Accounting, ]
483 words (1.4 pages)
- The United States And Pacific Northwest
- Why Procrastinators Procrastinate By Tim Urban Procrastination
- Children With Their Age Group Will Have A Less Respectful / Professional Greeting Manner Than Older People
- A Great Accomplishment Shouldn 't Be The End Of The Road
- The Movie ' Hannibal Buress '
- Lowering The Spread Of Global Diseases