... middle of paper ...
...husband even comments that I am nothing like my family. My mother called me one day and told me, “I know you are happy, and I am happy for you. You are the best present a mother can have; you are my rock. I am okay. I love you." This day I realized that I was a control freak, and I felt like an outsider because I tried to change the situation, rather than accept that there are only so many things I can do.
Today it makes sense to me why she did not let me go to boarding school. She knew that I was there for her, and she needed me there when she was not feeling her best. Last year on my birthday, my brother tried to kill himself. We learned that he is bipolar. It broke my heart. However, this year he sent me pictures of him in the beach riding his bike looking happy. He doesn 't know, but that was the best birthday present I could ever ask for.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Upon entering the Barclays Center in New York’s Brooklyn this past November, I was engulfed, mesmerized. Sensation America is one of the many Electric Dance Music concerts emerging around the U.S., in what some call a cult-like revolution. I stepped into the stadium and into confetti, pyrotechnics, lights, makeup, the modern day go-go dancers; an entirely transformed and alternate universe. My primary goal in attending a concert like this was pure interest and curiosity, experiencing and witnessing something that was relatively alien to me.... [tags: dance music, sensation america, edm movement]
1252 words (3.6 pages)
- The sticky, moist sensation was the first thing I felt when I descended from the plane. As I headed towards the baggage claim area, the airport was filled with people and giant packages, stacked on top of one another, on carts being transported to each of their destined vehicles. My family brought at least three or four giant boxes over to Vietnam, plus all of our luggage. There was so much stuff. Our luggage was quickly thrown into a car, while we were given helmets so we could sit on the back of our uncle’s motorcycle and head back towards his home.... [tags: Ho Chi Minh, Ho Chi Minh City, The Streets]
1348 words (3.9 pages)
- Have you ever feel like you don’t belong, but wanted to be so bad, so you go along with that wanting to fit in felling instead of being you. I knew it was wrong but I couldn’t help it, I had gave up on my conscious by now. I wouldn’t normally do that, in a way I feel like I’ve earned it, I passed all my classes so far, I had done all I could and all that was Asked. It’s only a few months until school ends, which mean I wouldn’t get to spend time with him, until I go to high school, which is a year away.... [tags: High school, Middle school, 2004 singles, Like You]
1626 words (4.6 pages)
- DON QUIXOTE DE LA MANCHA In life we need ideals to go along with our capabilities, and yet we can also dream. Don Quixote, a delusional wealthy farmer leads us frantically towards a route of mercurial imagination, but even so he sets on a journey as knight errant to aid the misfortunate, to right wrong deeds, and to correct social injustices. Meanwhile, showing modesty, bravery, loyalty, and self-sacrifice. On the other hand, Sancho Panza Don Quixote’s loyal squire is guided by practicality and self- interest, and so he anchors or minds back to reality.... [tags: Don Quixote, Sancho Panza, Miguel de Cervantes]
1045 words (3 pages)
- The writings of Cervantes may have been influenced by the writings of Shakespeare, Petrarch, etc. regarding concepts such as the story-within-a-story and the tyrannical female image, giving them a spot in the classical genre. However, Don Quixote has received multiple criticism for its style of writing and ambiguity, but of course, like many other authors, Cervantes had a clear reason why there were mini-narratives surrounding the main one. Despite critics’ opinions that the stories in Don Quixote are irrelevant, Cervantes included the stories on purpose to develop Don Quixote’s character through themes such as deception/manipulation and delusion/imagination that are seen in the main narrati... [tags: cervantes, don quixote, dorotea]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- My favorite place as a child was County Park Lake. When we had family picnics because we all got together and there was great food and kids playing and the adults playing horse-shoes and could tell there was love for one another. There was no other place like this when I was a child. Some of my fondest memories was at that picnic site we should all have memories likes those. The entire family got together and it was always a last minute thing but no matter what was going on we all decide we would go up to County Park Lake to have family time.... [tags: Place Essay]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- Don Quixote – Losing Sanity While Searching for Meaning Readers of Cervantes’ Don Quixote come away wanting one question answered: Is Don Quixote sane. The following is a detailed account of Quixote’s visit with a psychiatrist upon his return to his village. This incident was apparently not recorded in the original novel for fear that Quixote’s reputation might be tarnished. Documentation of his visit was recently recovered by researchers who discovered the incident in a psychiatrist’s manuscript.... [tags: Don Quixote]
1155 words (3.3 pages)
- Soldier X by Don L. Wulffson Plot I read the book Soldier X by Don L. Wulffson that takes place during the world war II period. The main character of the book is a 16 year old German boy named Erik Brandt. Although Erik lives in Germany he is also half Russian and speaks Russian very well. Erik does not want to be a part of Hilters Nazi army during world war II but he is forced to fight on the side of the Nazis. During one battle of the war is he forced under a tank during a large scale battle with the Russians.... [tags: Soldier X Don L. Wulffson]
643 words (1.8 pages)
- Place Management Place management is the process of making places better. This is practiced through programmes to improve a location or to maintain an already attained desired standard of operation. Place management can be undertaken by private, public or voluntary organisations or a mixture of each. Despite the wide variety of place management initiatives the underlying common factor is usually a desire to maximise the effectiveness of a location for its users, whether they are residents, shoppers, tourists, investors, property developers or business owners.... [tags: Place Management]
1656 words (4.7 pages)
- Throughout the United States, the impoverished youth are denied the opportunity to succeed because they lack the inexpensive programs to keep them away from harsh realities flooding the streets. Hence, it is up to motivated individuals to make a difference by creating hope for these children. In March 2006, 65 year old Don Johnson was granted the Bay Area Jefferson Award for encouraging and promoting the betterment of society. Also known as the ‘Tennis Machine’, this tennis coach has spent the last thirty years upholding tennis within the impoverished, urban areas of San Jose as a means for the youth to escape drugs and crime.... [tags: Don Johnson Biography]
1374 words (3.9 pages)