Some people in my organization doesn’t believe in talking in tongue and shouting around the room. My best friend, sister, boyfriend always joke about how the kind of church I go to act. He doesn’t believe it take all that to praise God. In his eyes, it just an act and that people putting for attention. I guess some people do, but not all of them does. It doesn’t upset me, because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. In my head, I’m just thinking wait until you get save, you going to think otherwise. I strongly believe it’s good to speak in tongue and shout. Once those people finished parsing God, they leave church happier than a...
... middle of paper ...
...m or dad making me go. I want to go so I can worship and thank God for everything he has done for me. Being baptized, save, and feel with the Holy Ghost and speaking in tongue is a spirituality thing what my religion believe in. I was told you need to read your bible every day and meditate on what you just read. My Church do the whole falling out thing, speaking in tongue and shouting around the church. Some people may think it’s not normal, but to us it is just our way praising God. I have seen it all my life so it doesn’t really scared me like it use too. I know I will understand them two once I have gotten save. It all seem scary right now even though we know the Lord is standing right there with us. I felt awesome after I had praised God. My eyes was full with tears. My day was good for the rest of the week. Spirituality is what comes naturally with my religion.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Religion and Spirituality in the Workplace Faith in the workplace and the level of accommodations employers should allow is an increasing problem. Moreover, the influx of people from different backgrounds bringing with them different religious practices has caused organizations to seek help from organizations such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the courts, and legal firms on how to deal with this new reality. Thus, the complexities surrounding religion and spirituality in the workplace and recommendations on the cause and solutions were examined.... [tags: Faith in the Workplace, EEOC]
1347 words (3.8 pages)
- Spirituality includes various different spiritual practices. The activities I practice currently that help me feel spiritually healthy are meditation and yoga. About three to four times a week, I sit in the sauna with my eyes close for about 5-10 minutes and just focus on my breath. I don’t allow my mind to think about my day or worries or anything else besides my breath and breathing. This allows me to unplug from my crazy days and focus within and on myself in peace and quiet. Other day I sit in the sauna and go through a serious of body stretches that help me relax and bring my mind to ease.... [tags: Spirituality, Meaning of life, Personal life]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- Growing up I have always wondered why we get a sense of connection to our surroundings. I believe it is a universal feeling that everyone wants to be a part of something bigger or have that sense of belonging. This is how many people define spirituality. Spirituality is often associated with religion, which is why many people tend to relate the meaning of life to spirituality. People go their whole lives searching for connection with our surroundings or looking for the meaning of life. Spirituality has been a question for centuries and I question if we are born with the instinct of spirituality or if we learn it throughout time from our surroundings.... [tags: Spirituality, Meaning of life, Human, Religion]
1635 words (4.7 pages)
- The longing for love is real and truly is as much a part of one’s make-up as breathing, for numerous people to be in love surpasses all things; and if they are not in a serious relationship, will spend a considerable amount of time looking for ‘the one.‘ They seem to be always searching, questing for the prize; the prize of finding the one, of going or being ‘home,’ wrapped in a security blanket of emotional harmony. We talk about it, sing about it, and truthfully, most everything revolves around desire; particularly the desire of love.... [tags: Love, God, Spirituality, Theology]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- This enquiry based learning essay (EBL) will be based on the concept of spirituality and how it is related to health. The concept is has a variety of meanings and is seen as a unique entity to all individuals. In order to explore this concept, I have chosen to define spirituality within the context of nursing, compare and contrast by using different perspectives from literature. Subsequently, the most relevant literature to nursing will be identified and analysed. The second part of the essay will critically analyse a clinical experience related to the concept of spirituality.... [tags: Spirituality]
2670 words (7.6 pages)
- According to Hutchison (2015), “religion is symbolic patterns that consists of values, beliefs, behaviors and experiences” (p. 184). I personal conceptualize spirituality as a vital role in my life that helps me during a time of sickness, forgiveness, and needed guidance. Spirituality helps guide me throughout life during the difficult times I have encountered. Spirituality impacts my life in positive ways that influence and regulate my behavior and health. Health is very important to me; I believe the spirit can heal a person from their sickness.... [tags: Meaning of life, Religion, Spirituality, Human]
1764 words (5 pages)
- Chapter One: A Way Of Proceeding • Consider the four elements of Ignatian spirituality (pp. 5-11): finding God in all things, becoming a contemplative in action, looking at the world in an incarnational way, and seeking freedom and detachment. Does any approach come more naturally to you than others. Do you shy away from any---and if so, what might be the root of that resistance. They say that if you ask any five Jesuits from around the world the same question, you would get the same response from all of them (Jesuit Guide, pg.... [tags: Religion, Meaning of life, Spirituality]
1311 words (3.7 pages)
- Spirituality and Nursing The purpose of this assignment is to pick a patient or someone who would be a patient and focus on how their spiritual belief or religious beliefs and needs would affect their current or future health care. While also including what my own thoughts about what I think spirituality and religion mean. My beliefs As someone who grew up in a home that was not spiritual or religious, my views on what spirituality and religion are come from what I have seen, read, understand and personally believe.... [tags: Religion, Spirituality, Human, Faith]
779 words (2.2 pages)
- Spirituality can have many different definitions, depending on who is asked. It can be something as simple as looking for a higher meaning to life, or something so complex that one can base their beliefs, religion and overall life around it. There are several different ways to express one's spirituality; rituals, songs, dances, stories, and writings are all common methods of expression. Spirituality can be found in almost anything. Finding spirituality in something can make someone feel enlightened and bring strong emotion and deep feeling.... [tags: Faith Spirituality Religion]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- Trip to Mexico and Spirituality An article in the March 22nd edition of the Washington Wire titled "By the Numbers", speaks about direct fiscal policy that could be implemented over the next few years.... [tags: Proposal Spirituality God Religion]
956 words (2.7 pages)