I believe that I deserve a B preferably an A because I believe that I did good this semester. As a junior this semester was very challenging for me. But I kept going with hard work and some dedication. One of my biggest struggles this semester was Math 170. Math has always been my downfall but I always try to get it. But this semester it just didn’t happen. But I can say that I did try, actually I tried really hard to get my work done. I also have a problem with procrastination, that’s something I really need to work on. If I didn’t learn anything this semester I learned that unasked questions don’t get answered. I feel as though I should have come to you more often for questions because I know that I didn’t understand the material. I learned my lesson and that will never happen again. Also, even though I didn’t get majority of it I still tried; I should get some credit for that. I took the first part of this final and got a 93, perhaps that could be my final grade right there. Despite taking 17 credits this semester, along with being a Resident Assistant, I have managed to complete all of the assignments for this class. Though I didn’t ace each and every assignment I did manage to complete or attempt them. So far I’ve had a lot of good grades in my other classes, and once again I can say Math 170 was the most challenging. I believe that I deserve a B preferably an A because I always try to do my best in everything in school, because school is important and my future depends on what I do now in school, and the grades I get are very important. When we had class I always took notes, and never been afraid to ask questions when need be. All of my professors told me that I’m a good student and that I’m going to be very s...
... middle of paper ...
...hem and show them that everything is possible and black excellence is real. Some need that motivation and need to see things like this really happen. So I can’t keep telling them to get good grades and do well in school if I’m not demonstrating it to them. That wouldn’t be a good role model. I’m the first in my family to go to college and I have to finish strong. I haven’t let them down yet, so I can’t let them down now. Overall I think that I’ve been a great student in this class which is why when I receive my final grade I’d like to see a grade that I want. I learned my lesson with this course and that’s to do my work on time, stop procrastinating, and ask questions. So I won’t ever be in this predicament again. After writing this paper I can’t to conclusion that I definitely deserve a good grade. So I’m claiming it. I’m going to leave Math 170 with a good grade.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... This is a major difference and truly explains how College universities “Give Athletes Free Education” is not remotely equal at all. “Being a College athlete is a full time Job” (Lynn O'Shaughnessy) .So when recruits pick the College of their choice and continuously pursue the road to professionalism the sport that they are playing, it is equivalent to them signing an un-read contract where the offeror receives 100% of the Income. 42.1 hours a week is what Division I baseball players on average spend on their sport.... [tags: sports industry]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- ... In earlier times, the ocean was a source of mystery and adventure, and many seafarers dreamed up legends about all of the strange and wonderful creatures they encountered. Sharks did not do anything to deserve their reputation; their appearance just frightened sailors. Since the beginning of our race, humans have been fascinated by the ocean: deep and mysterious, far and different from the familiar land that we know. Among the likes of other animals, sharks have been the subject of mythology by nearly every civilization that had contact with the ocean and the creatures it harbors.... [tags: fishermen, ocean, devour]
553 words (1.6 pages)
- Think about this: a straight F student with a family that has a sufficient amount of money. This student gets to go to the best college that their family’s money can buy, which will probably go to waste on partying. Now compare that to a straight A student, living in a too-small temporary place, and no way to pay the bills. This student is everything a college could dream of having, and they actually care about their education. Sadly enough, though, they will never go because how can someone possibly go to college when their family cannot even pay the bills.... [tags: financial aid, pell grants, education]
3262 words (9.3 pages)
- To be awarded a scholarship thru Kent State one must submit an essay explaining why they deserve a scholarship. Instead of listing a myriad of reasons why I deserve a scholarship I figured I would tell “my story”. I grew up in an extremely loving middle class home. We attended church every Wednesday and Sunday, yet this did not quelch the rebellious side in me. At 21 I was asked to leave my parents’ home because I stole money from them to fund my opiate addiction. This addiction consumed all of my life for two years.... [tags: Mother, Father, Family, Girl]
1378 words (3.9 pages)
- Parents Deserve a Fighting Chance In America, it is becoming a more common for parents to become stuck in a vicious cycle of catch 22 of the government to stepping in on family affairs. Laws monitoring the care and treatment of children are prohibiting the ability of parents to discipline their children without interference from the government. These laws are much-needed in some cases, such a neglect, sexual, psychological, and physical abuse. While this is necessary, there are some cases in which these laws more are hurtful than helpful to the family.... [tags: Government]
1610 words (4.6 pages)
- I Deserve a B I believe that I deserve a B preferably an A because I believe that I did good this semester. As a junior this semester was very challenging for me. But I kept going with hard work and some dedication. One of my biggest struggles this semester was Math 170. Math has always been my downfall but I always try to get it. But this semester it just didn’t happen. But I can say that I did try, actually I tried really hard to get my work done. I also have a problem with procrastination, that’s something I really need to work on.... [tags: High school, Grade, University of Cambridge]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- What Native Peoples Deserve The article What Native Peoples Deserve by Roger Sandall talks about the Roosevelt Indian Reservation in the Amazon rain forest. The Roosevelt Indian Reservation is situated on the world’s current largest deposit of diamonds and no one in the government, the local Indians and the diamond diggers want the diamonds left in the ground. However, the laws in Brazil make it impossible for anyone to begin digging there. Because of the strict laws governing the extraction of the diamonds, it has lead to the region becoming saturated in blood, murder and mayhem.... [tags: Sociology]
495 words (1.4 pages)
- Are Dogs Getting the Attention They Deserve. It used to be that you could tell just about how poor a family was by how many dogs they had. If they had one, they were probably doing all right, two dogs meant that the couple were dog lovers, but if a citizen kept three, you could begin to suspect he didn’t own much else. What type of dogs these were also lead people to believe their social status in society. (Hoagland, 1995) Would this lead people to believe that this is true. In my opinion, No it does not.... [tags: Symbols Wealth Animals Pets Essays]
1033 words (3 pages)
- College Athletes Deserve To Be Paid College athletics are some of the biggest and most popular events in the country today. There are many people that make significant amounts of money from college athletics. However, the athletes themselves do not make any money from playing. If college athletes were paid it would solve a lot of the problems that the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) faces every year as well as improve play and make college athletics stronger. Throughout the past few years, the NCAA, which was previously viewed as the top basketball organization other than the NBA, has taken a backseat to the professional leagues of Europe.... [tags: Essays Papers]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- Animals Deserve Rights It is the notion of our time that non-human animals exist for the advancement of the human species. In whatever field -- cookery, fashion, blood-sports -- it is held that we can only be concerned with animals as far as human interests exist. There may be some sympathy for those animals, as to limit practices which cause excruciating suffering, but those may only be limited if they are brought to public light, and if legislators receive enough pressure from the public to change.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Argument Essays]
803 words (2.3 pages)