Discovering my circle and helping my Mom discover her circle made me realize that most often we have more support than we think. When you take the time to sit down on decipher through all your friends and family it’s amazing how much social support we forget we have. However, who is in the circle can vary between person to person. I chose someone who I thought I was a mini replica of because I wanted to find out hidden differences and similarities.
My Mom’s circle of intimacy is very small it includes my Dad, my sister, , myself, and her Dad, Lawrence, and our family dog, Oreo. I think due to our age difference that I have included a few more people in my circle. Besides my Mom, Dad, sister, and Oreo, I included my Grandparents and my boyfriend. This Fall I lost my Grandpa and I never knew how important to me he was until he was no longer there. Therefore, everyday I am thankful for my Grandparents. Another difference would be that I included my sister while my Mom did not include her siblings. She then explained how she almost thought about putting them in the first circle, but felt like keeping her circle small to stress the significance of her closest loved ones. A similarity my Mom and I would also have is including our significant other. After hearing the way she talked about my Dad, I think we both rely heavily on them for support, care, and love.
For the next circle, friendship I asked my Mom who are her very close friends and family. Immediately she listed all seven of her siblings. After that, she named her Aunt Joyce, Mother In-Law, Sister In-Law, and her nieces and nephews. While I split my time between my family and friends, she spends the majority of her time with her family. I listed my extended...
... middle of paper ...
...the fact that there are many components before we reach our goals so both of our plans are broad to include many ideas. Her plan is to care for her family and others, work hard, create new experiences, and to continue to educate herself.
Circles and Maps can be a great facilitation tool that I can use in my future to help individuals identify their needs and who is their support system. This process can help bridge the gap between with their current well being to where they would like to be. For example, this tool helps identify how your background, nightmares, and personal strengths have brought you to be the person you are today. Therefore, it can assist anyone in reaching the goals they set for themselves. After identifying their limitations, a CTRS can utilize their strengths and support team to help them make their dreams reality and overcome their fears.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Content Introduction Purpose of the Research Research Design Research Process Data Analysis Outcomes and Expectations Introduction Understanding that Australian has changed their favorites from V6 engines or 6 seats lager vehicles to small or medium car and small competitive local market which has 66 vehicle brands , as a result, BMW has to recognize the factors that affect the sale number of Mini Cooper. Therefore, price setting and features satisficing will be the issue to discuss. The key decision faced by the BMW due to this situation can be stated as, what steps could be taken to effectively improve consumer perceptions of Mini Cooper and help set an attractive and competitive... [tags: Mini Cooper Marketing]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- SwagMag is one of the first review WordPress theme that’s also suitable for other site categories. It enables you to create infinite numbers of mini review sites within your main website. It also allows you to publish and organize your contents on a single or on multiple mini-websites. The main page gathers all the featured content from every mini-site, and put them altogether into one, content-rich webpage. Additionally, Swag Mag is fully translatable to other languages. Theme features: • Unlimited creation of mini review sites • 4 rating scheme (numbers 1-10, percentage, letter rating, stars) • Enhanced with jQuery •... [tags: wordpress, mini websites, swagmag]
1506 words (4.3 pages)
- Media propaganda is abound with the announcements of a “Mini Ice Age” in our mist. We are constantly inundated with Hollywood movies depicting global destruction with an onslaught of rapid global climate changes. Is all this news media accurate and depicting true and accurate events covering our planet and solar activity. As a reader begins to look deep into the rhetoric, they will notice that there is very little – if any – scientific data to support the coming of a “Mini Ice Age” (Mann) as indicated by the multiple media corporations.... [tags: Climatology]
1333 words (3.8 pages)
- Write 2 mini case studies. One should recount an effective coaching or counseling situation. The other recount an ineffective coaching or counseling situation. The case should be based on a real event, either from your own personal experience or from the experience of someone you know well. Use principles of supportive communication and listening in your cases. Case 1 Effective Situation I can vividly remember back when I was on the High school tennis team at 17 years old, going from school to school and competing at high temperatures.... [tags: Communication, Better, Graphic communication]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- The person I chose to interview is my daughters 6th grade teacher Ms. Runyon. The reason I chose her is because she has been teaching for many years and she came to this school with little technology teaching skills as she was used to standing up in front of the class and teaching on a chalk/white board. She also had little computer skills in general so it was a learning experience for her all the way around. Ms. Runyon came to Vail in 2006, and it was already integrated technology to assist in the teaching process.... [tags: Education, Learning, Teacher, School]
1403 words (4 pages)
- The Christlike attribute that I chose was patience. This is something that I feel is an attribute that I would like to have. In my life this is something that I feel is not a strong point in it. This is an attribute that I feel would make me stronger spiritually as well as make my family life more of a joyes time around the Christmas season. In my reading and studying of the topic in the scriptures, the talks by the general authorities. I have learned a lot about how and what are some of the things that we want to do to have more patience in our everyday life.... [tags: Study skills, Learning, Psychology, Want]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- Putting one’s own foot into another’s culture is like stepping into that person’s own little world, it is only then when we understand that individuals culture we can become competent communicators (O’Hair, Wiemann, Mullin & Teven, 2015). To understand intercultural communication, We had to choose a cultural context where we ourselves felt like outsiders or “out-group” members. I chose a Buddhist temple out of my curiosity for this religion and I felt like it was one of the places where I felt like I would be an “out-group” member.... [tags: Culture, Communication]
1340 words (3.8 pages)
- What impact has conducting the mini curriculum audit had on your overall knowledge about the curriculum offerings in the district and on this campus. As a whole, Iron County in the Elementary level is bring all schools together by working within the same program. K through 6th-grade have the program Go Math; they also have the CKLA for language arts and writing. At Enoch Elementary, we use the Utah Core and UEN websites to help us align our curriculum in social studies and science. Iron County school district also has a professional learning page on their website to help teacher https://sites.google.com/a/ironmail.org/prodev/home.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Learning, School]
1594 words (4.6 pages)
- Course Mini Project 4 - Types of Harassment There are many types of harassment, most people when they hear the word harassment they think of sexual harassment. Most don’t think past that but there are many forms of harassment. I will discuss a few of these in detail to give a more understanding. Some of my discussion will be from a personal view while others will be some that I have witnessed or someone I know has gone through. To give you an idea of the many forms of harassments. I am including a list of some types of harassments: Race and color harassment Affectional orientation harassment Religious harassment Academic harassment Status harassment Disability har... [tags: Black people, Race, White people, Harassment]
1531 words (4.4 pages)
- Teaching: It Chose Me What inspired me to be a teacher. In the back of my mind, I think I’ve always wanted to be a teacher. Although I wasn’t always particularly fond of going to school early in my life, I always, it seemed, really liked my teachers. I didn’t like being away from home when I was in elementary school and a lot of times I would cry and want to go home, but my teachers would talk with me and help calm me down and then I would be okay for a while. Looking back, I appreciate the way they helped me through those "bad" days.... [tags: Reflective Writing Education Essays]
1035 words (3 pages)