Mathematics, listening, adaptation, emotional control/self management and understanding technology are my five weaknesses (Bethel University, 2014). I am really bad at math because it is just so difficult to study as the only way to study is to do the math; and the same rings true for understanding technology. Math and technology are both skills that everyone needs. Listening, adaptation, and self management all go hand in hand. For example, sometimes because I don’t listen, I’m unable to make the changes that need to take place so then my emotions are not positive. The recurring pattern here, is I do not do well with things that require patience (math and technology) or stopping to listen.
As previously stated in several other statements I’ve made or have written down, my strengths are: reading, writing, speaking, researching and determination (Bethel University, 2014). I will do anything I put my mind to. Being able to research a topic, read for comprehension so I can write about it, and speak i...
... middle of paper ...
... out of school for academic dishonesty. Once labeled as a dishonest student, especially from a Christian college, it will be very hard to further your education after that point. Going to the end of a piece that you have read and seeing the sources not only let you that what was read is more fact based, it allows the reader to reference the sources used and further their reading on that topic if so desired.
About APA Style. (2016). Retrieved from http://www.apastyle.org/about-apa-style.aspx
Bethel University. (2014). Retrieved from https://www.betheluniversityonline.net/cps/default.aspx?SectionID=4157&tabid=157#2
Crites, J. (2016, July 8). Bethel University. Retrieved from https://www.betheluniversityonline.net/cps/default.aspx?SectionID=4157&tabid=156#2
APA Style. (2016). About APA Style. Retrieved from http://www.apastyle.org/about-apa-style.aspx
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There is a famous Quote by Bob Becker -“ Math and Science are the LIFE BLOOD of the future ’’ Today, the world is moving faster than ever before. Technologies afford us instant access and split-second connections. At the same time, consumer expectations are rising to sky level as we learn to take speed for granted. How will we keep pace in a world that moves at web speed. Today math plays a major role in technology and sciences. Science and math were initially found together, and they are best adapted together now.... [tags: Education, High school, Mathematics]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Mathematics is a school subject that people have mixed feeling about. Many of my personal friends complain about math and express their dislike and hatred towards the subject. I, on the other hand, seem to enjoy math most of the time. Although I sometimes feel angry when I continue to get a certain problem incorrect, I always put my best effort into finding my mistake and fixing it. I have had some amazing math teachers, but I’ve also had some very bad ones. I think that my teacher has a huge effect upon how well I will learn that subject, which can be considered good or bad.... [tags: High school, Teacher, School, Education]
2225 words (6.4 pages)
- When I had the discussion with the students that I interview, I often found myself trying to find the words to translate and ask the student how was he able to get the answer and to explain his reasoning behind it. Although, I had the words written beside the math problems I was asking them, I found it kind of challenging to find words that related to what I wanted to ask the students. In my discussion one of my students felt intimidated by the camera that was recording which was kind of hard for him to fully explain to me how he got the answer.... [tags: Question, Problem solving, Education, Thought]
1548 words (4.4 pages)
- My approach to math in the past years has always been following the steps and rules. All through high school I attended algebra classes. In algebra, all I had to do was follow the steps to complete the formula. To me it was a big puzzle in front of me. I lacked in the ability to accurately complete word problems. This is usually why I have low test state test results. I always wanted to learn how to solve word problems because I knew it would help me in real life situations. Another approach I had towards math was, I only used it if I had to.... [tags: Problem solving, Mathematics, Problem]
1222 words (3.5 pages)
- 1 In Drumright, Oklahoma there is a math teacher called Sarah Hagan. She is 25 years old. In Drumright, Oklahoma there is a math teacher called Sarah Hagan. She is 25 years old. She’s short and has brown hair. Hagan wears square glasses and has a nice smile. She has a long wide nose and nice eyebrows. Her hair is a bit wavy and goes to her shoulders. She also has a creative and energetic personality. Sarah is one of the best math teachers in Oklahoma because of her unique teaching style. "The first time I saw my classroom," Hagan says, "It was the most depressing thing I 'd ever seen.... [tags: Teacher, Education, Mathematics education]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- Women in Science, Math, and Engineering The statistics can be somewhat startling, while women receive 56% of BA degrees in the United States, they receive only 37% of the Science, Mathematics, and Engineering (SME) bachelor degrees (Chang, 1). As scary as the statistics on women are, they only point to an even bigger problem among all SME majors. According to one study, there is a 40% decline in the number of undergraduate science majors between the first and senior year of college (Didon, 336).... [tags: Work Careers Papers]
3310 words (9.5 pages)
- I signed up for an online math course. The plan was to finish by May and get to Japan in August after their summer break. Because I don’t like my plans to change (and in my defense, my mind was set to be gone for two years, starting in April), I became real bitter and dropped the course. I have never fancied math since why never matters. The numbers don’t mean anything. Slide, divide, multiply. Formulas in calculators. I missed English lectures and it was the first time I found myself not enrolled in school and I couldn’t handle the free time.... [tags: High school, College, School, Graduate school]
1535 words (4.4 pages)
- What defines a bad teacher. Is a teacher really not fit for their positions or are the just ignorant to different ways to get their students to understand the material. I believe teachers are harshly criticized by the society. I believe however they do internships and student teaching they still need further education. Teaching is a hard job, teachers have to keep a class of on average of 28 students quiet and interested, plan lesson plans, and figure out a way to make the students get it. I believe teachers know the information however they do not know how to accommodate different students learning styles.... [tags: Education, Learning, Educational psychology]
927 words (2.6 pages)
- In this modern era, it has become commonplace to try and accomplish as many tasks as possible as quickly as possible in order to be more efficient. With the help of technology, many believe that multitasking is becoming a required and helpful skill. Multitasking is actually a detrimental habit. Multitasking divides a person's concentration in order to attempt to complete multiple actions. Even though in the end the tasks are all finished, the quality of the finished task and the time required to finish all the tasks makes multitasking very inefficient.... [tags: Multitasking is Killing Your Productivity]
988 words (2.8 pages)
- In the world today, unfortunately the presence of evil does exist. Evil thoughts, acts, and words will always separate us from God, which was established from the beginning with Adam and Eve. Unfortunately the bible teaches that Adam stood as a representative of the entire human race. When he sinned the penalty of death and separation from God was placed upon the entire creation. In life we all experience things we take to be evil. In less than an hour the evening news broadcasts terrible acts of evil ranging from cruel thoughtless killings, war, unpredictable natural disasters, mass shootings and human suffering.... [tags: God, Good and evil, Omnipotence, Free will]
1239 words (3.5 pages)