I develop multiple skills and abilities from various experiences, especially leadership and communication skills. When I took the accounting information system class, I was the leader of the group project, which was to lead and assign group members to use Visio to design and explain a flow chart, use Access to create a database and analyze data, and analyze risks and controls of the database. Additionally, I need to communicate with all group members and monitor the project progress to make sure everything is under control. Even though there were some challenges of this project, we still overcame all the difficulties and got an “A”.
My experiences also make me become an organized person with good planning skill. For example, I opened an online store with my friend in China in 2011 which was about clothes and shoes. 2011 also was the year I came to the US for high school. I was responsible for the online part, such as communicating with customer and dealing with orders. It was tough to adapt American lifestyle and running an online store at the same time. In order to make everything clear, I wrote down what I should do and finished all the works in order every day. There was a lot of work need to do, for instance, checking the in...
... middle of paper ...
... I graduate, and I should keep taking these classes as I start working. In addition, I am going to attend the students of information management (SIM) club in this coming fall. I think I can get more training in information management at the SIM club. Students in the SIM club would participate in many activities and projects and have chance to meet employers and guest speakers, I can gain more experience and build my network through the SIM club. At the same time, I also can improve my critical thinking and problem solving skills by doing more projects.
Except for the three areas I mention above, I still have other areas to improve. In order to be a qualify employee and satisfy employer expectation, I should keep learning and improving myself. The three areas I list above are what I should have before graduating in order to become a database administrator in Oracle.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future “(Elegance par. 1). Chanel was a woman who was always seen wearing her own unique fashion. She would never be seen wearing something society would see as something a normal woman would wear; this made her unforgettable (Charles-Roux 5-6). In the beginning, Chanel was only known for creating and designing hats, but she would soon be known for so much more (Charles-Roux 91).... [tags: fashion, designer, orphanage]
1593 words (4.6 pages)
- Coco Chanel is an exclusive French luxury fashion brand most people know about. It is the one brand that has remained classic and pure. Chanel never has anything outrageous or too out there in their collections, it is just basic as Coco Channels motto has always been “back to basics”. The classic black and white pattern of Chanel will always remain a legend and has been quite successful with the company being worth billions of dollars. The private company has been called the powerhouse of fashion being owned by Alain and Gerard Wertheimer who were Coco Chanel's early business partners.... [tags: company, customers, purity]
1608 words (4.6 pages)
- Background “I’m in love with the coco” (a song depicting a love for cocaine song by O.T. Genasis), just one of the most recent songs to have explicit usage of drugs. Referring to drug usage and sales is a popular trend in today 's hip-hop and rap lyrics. As a society where do we draw the line with censorship of this material. Not only are the lyrics being said, but the drug usage is also being portrayed in the music videos; all the way from marijuana usage to cocaine and popping pills. The drug slang in Hip Hop project was created by Fractl and the data was taken from the Rap Genius site, the data from the study illustrates that weed and cocaine have not only had the highest number of refe... [tags: Illegal drug trade, Gang, Drug, Drug addiction]
1358 words (3.9 pages)
- The ideal post-modern woman is a collage of charm, grace, beauty, strength and independence. This ideal is what Keira Knightley epitomizes in the Coco Mademoiselle perfume commercial. A far cry from the original feminist movement which was entrenched in politics this post-feminism created a realm where woman sought all the riches of the feminist movement but shunned the feminist title (Goldman 1992, 130). Keira is presented as a beautiful independent woman, who is free from the hold of men and sexually liberated.... [tags: Marketing, Post Feminism, Keira]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- Every day , Puerto Rico is slowly adapting into the American way of life and is gradually losing what is left of their culture. Perhaps this is because Puerto Rico is a commonwealth of the United States. The poem “ Coca Cola and Coco Frio” by Martin Espada is a great example of someone who encounters the Americanized culture of Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is struggling to preserve their own identity. On July 25, 1898 United States troops invaded Puerto Rico during the Spanish American War .... [tags: Literary Analysis, Martin Espada]
1717 words (4.9 pages)
- Coco Chanel, born Gabrielle Bonhuer Chanel, on August 19, 1883 in Saumur, France was an amazing woman who redefined fashion as we know it today. She was a clothing designer who revolutionized the fashion industry with her suits, little black dresses, and avant garde flare. Because of this quickly in her young life she became well know, and rose to be the fashion icon that she is today. From the timeless designs that are still popular to this day, and the sophisticated outfits that can be paired with great accessories Chanel has done it all.... [tags: clothing designer, comfortable]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- Envision your most implausible and outrageous wish to come true. Coco Chanel didn’t simply make her fantasies come alive. This woman single handedly revolutionized and transmuted the fashion industry. Epitomizing her own words, “In order to be irreplaceable one must be different”, Chanel eradicated her opponents with her bold and unique ideas. From modest beginnings to affluent ends, it’s undeniable that fashion icon Coco Chanel has fabricated the very principles of our Fashion Industry today and created an everlasting legacy for eras to come.... [tags: Fashion]
1611 words (4.6 pages)
- The first thing to note about this performance by Guayo Cedeño and the Coco Band is the venue. The Brookfield Place is located downtown, but feels much more like an upscale mall than anything else. The stage itself was in what could be considered a food court, open to anyone passing by. This is not to say that was a bad. Quite the contrary, it proved to be an ideal place for such a performance. The openness allowed for a diverse audience, and also allowed for the speakers to echo the music everywhere.... [tags: Performance, Music, Music genre, Audience]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- The term ‘Semiotics’ refers to the study of signs and symbols, the relationship between written or spoken signs and of the meanings that are created. The essay will first of all try to give some definition a review of the main terminology used in the study of Semiotics and will then apply these to a series of texts, relating to advertising for Coca Cola. The basics of Semiotics were laid down by a Swiss linguist, Ferdinand De Saussure (1857-1913). “He used the word to describe a new science which he saw as ‘a science, which studies the life of signs at the heart of social life’ [Saussure cited in Underwood] He considered that a sign had two essential elements: the signifier and the signified... [tags: Advertising, Marketing]
2034 words (5.8 pages)
- Coco Chanel In his 1993 book, Creating Minds, Howard Gardner attempted to distinguish characteristics that were common to creative people. In doing so, he concluded that many factors were involved in the development of a creator. For instance, the relationship between the Individual, the Work, and Other People (i.e. family and colleagues) (Gardner 9) was elemental in predicting future successes. Likewise, part of his hypothesis focused around the fact that creators typically make their mark in one single genre.... [tags: Fashion Designers Essays]
1897 words (5.4 pages)