Why was this such a substantial impact? For many reasons, it reassured me that I could sit down behind a computer or behind the ink of a pen and do what I set my mind to. All of this gave me the faith to keep trying because I had always been taught that hard work pays off and in this case, it did. It let me know that the information I learned in my past English classes had really paid off, and with that it made me want to work even harder. Not only did I receive an award for my writing but it also gave others a chance to see what I was made of.
Now let’s take a step back to where I used to be a writer. When I was younger I had always loved to read, but did not at all enjoy writing. Every time I had an essay due, I would always procrastinate. But as I started growing in school, at home or anywhere I found myself coming face to face with having to write. As writing became more involved with my life I was described as an ‘emotional’ writer. I always had great thoughts and ideas but had a hard time expressing them verbally, but not problem writing them down on ...
... middle of paper ...
... me to become a better writer and student because in all honesty I would have never thought it would help me in a real life situation.
Above all, winning the Hunter Worley Memorial Foundation Scholarship had a great impact on myself as a writer. Always ask yourself the most three important questions that will help you in the long run. Where have you been? Where are you now? Where do you want to go? Liken I said before, we see writing in our everyday lives, and can impact us in so many ways that you would never think possible. Have you ever made a bad grade on an essay and you felt like your whole world was falling apart? Because I have, plenty of times, just always remember you
are not your grade and it doesn’t reflect who you are as a student. Writing will always be a part of our lives and I was lucky enough to have the experience with writing that changed my life.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A challenge that all seniors face at the end of their high school career is the decision that will shape the rest of their future. Will it be Harvard, Ivy Tech, or a job at the nearest fast food joint. Of course, there is nothing wrong with not going to college, but for the people of society who plan to marry and have at least three children, it is almost essential. After making this decision, the seniors who choose to attend college must then decide which one. Campus size, housing, nearby activities, and available degrees and study programs are all important traits to consider when searching for the perfect college.... [tags: College, University, Education, Indiana]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- Throughout high school, it was difficult and stressful to decide my future career. Thinking about the future sounded like a “need to do” planning from teachers and family members. So I tried to start on planning my sophomore year, but doing the planning didn’t make any sense to me. Over the years in high school I started to wonder, “why was it so important to plan the future?” Is it because making plans will help us organize our life that is yet to come. I always thought that life can’t be predictable no matter how hard we try to change it.... [tags: High school, College, Thought, Sophomore]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- High school education is for students’ to learn the basic information that is needed to prepare them for college. It is important for students to feel that it isn’t a waste of time for them to wake up and go to high school everyday. Is it right for students to not come to school because they feel high school is a waste of their time. Majority of students has also felt that the courses they are attending aren’t giving them enough information that will be useful beyond high school. Shouldn’t students be in classes that will benefit them in the future.... [tags: High school, Education, College]
1540 words (4.4 pages)
- As I come closer to the end of my high school career, I look forward to the future and see nothing but stress, higher education opportunities, and procrastination. The single reason as to why I have decided to involve myself in the college experience, is to achieve the optimum quality of life. The only way to conquer this goal is to direct myself towards job openings, countless, hours of schooling, and changes in the way I perform in the school setting. Chancing this college experience is designed to be expensive and challenging, however, I will deem it to be worthwhile when I’m holding my doctorate at my college graduation.... [tags: High school, Higher education, Graduation]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- From the time that we are first put into school to our freshman year people have been preparing us for what is to come. The same thing happens in college. You spend four years getting ready for college, and then in college, you prepare for your career. There is a significant difference in how strenuous each step of schooling can become. There are three things that I have learned differ between being a high school student and a college student: your workload, your priorities, and your time management.... [tags: High school, College, School, Education]
803 words (2.3 pages)
- All throughout high school I played on the softball team. Proceeding the season before where we went undefeated with a district championship, my senior year we were supposed to be unstoppable. We received a few new players to add on to our army and the entire school was counting on our run to state. I was so excited to have an amazing end to my high school softball career, but unfortunately my dream was cut short when we lost in the first round of districts. I did not know that loss would change me the way it did.... [tags: High school, 2006 albums, English-language films]
758 words (2.2 pages)
- High school education is for students to learn the basic information that is needed to prepare them for college. It is critical for students to feel that it isn’t a waste of time for them to wake up and go to high school everyday. Is it right for students to not come to school because they feel high school is a waste of their time. Majority of students has also felt that the courses they are attending aren’t giving them enough information that will be useful beyond high school. Shouldn’t students be in classes that will benefit them in the future.... [tags: High school, Education, College]
1539 words (4.4 pages)
- High school seniors takes deep breaths and parade onto the stage. The beginning of a new chapter awaits as they make the journey from one point of the stage to the end. They reflect on what they have been taught in those many years of high school. The most terrifying fact while graduating high school is the next step: making it on their own. Because they have taken part in the appropriate classes, the students are certain that they have gained the correct knowledge to begin making their mark on the world.... [tags: High school, Education, Personal finance]
1385 words (4 pages)
- For some people, high school is just a place to make friends and be popular and others use high school to get somewhere in their lives and be successful. Most students gravitate towards popularity and neglect their grades causing them to have problems later on in their adult lives. The real problem with students valuing sports and social status over making good grades and being a good student is the faculty, allowing it to happen by not recognizing other school activities during announcements and pep rallies.... [tags: High school, Extracurricular activity, College]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- In my high school career, I have had victories and failures each one gave me a new perspective on life a new way to live my life without procrastination or low self esteem on my ability to be all I can be, I love that high school made me into a more confident and strong minded person I am sad that this is my last year but that just means I’m opening a new chapter in my book of life. The first experience was in freshman year when I took Spanish I was doing badly in the class getting F’s and D’s because foreign language I figured out in my high school journey was not my strong suit.... [tags: High school, Thought, Homework, Mind]
1114 words (3.2 pages)