Once upon a time, we have all been asked the question that always seems impossible to answer, “What does it mean to love someone?” and then we sit to ponder on what love really means. How do you know when it’s real? How do you know what it’s supposed to be like? You can sit there and wonder about it all day, asking an endless amount of questions for hours upon hours, trying to give love a definition, but in reality, love has no true definition. Love is a feeling, but wait, so is lust right?
I sit here tonight, on a warm Saturday evening, with the city lights shining through my balcony windows to help set the mood, trying to write about what love means to me and how I can differentiate love and lust. I lit candles to help set the mood even more for this romantic piece, but every idea comes up short. I’ve never been so stressed writing one of my pieces before, not as much as I am now. My question is, how do you define something that has no set definition?
I look over at the clock. The clock reads midnight and I think to myself, “Great. Only a couple more hours and then I’m screwed.” I continue to stare at the blank computer screen, disappointed in the fact that I can’t come up with a simple sentence to catch the readers’ attention.
Then, out of ...
... middle of paper ...
...so break your heart to the point that you just don’t know if you’ll ever feel that way again. You feel pain when you’re in love, but you also feel like the best person you’ve ever been in your life.
That memory brought back so much more after I woke up, but I think that is just what I needed. I read over what I have written down before, then with just one thought down on paper, out comes many more. I bust out the rest of it, proof read it, edit the draft again to make sure it flows just the right amount, then I look up. Six o’clock in the morning and this article is finally done.
I send in the article, shut my computer down, and just sit there. Proud of myself for making it personal, but I mainly sit to calm the memories that are still flowing from remembrance of a sweet, but bitter time. Best and worst experience of my life, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- PERCEPTUAL INTERPRETATION OF THE EXPECTATIONS (OR BELIEFS) ABOUT THE PRODUCT ATTRIBUTES USE TO CREATE THE VALUE OF TOUCH SCREEN LAPTOPS Touch screen laptops are of a utilitarian value in general. Most of the products sold in this category are used for either work or school. There are 7 product attributes that have been associated with this product category. 1. Battery Life: This is a utilitarian attribute that effects how long one can use the laptop before needing to recharge it. Therefore, with a longer battery life, one can get more work accomplished without seeking a place to charge their laptop.... [tags: Personal computer, Laptop, Brand, Battery]
1129 words (3.2 pages)
- There a tremendous secret, or scheme some may say, that computer companies do not want to tell their customers when there is a need to replace a particular part for your personal laptop. The secret that major computer companies do not want to induce to the population is that they outrageously overcharge people to replace a fractured screen on a laptop that could be easily done by a non-professional. For instance, major companies like Dell and HP would approximately charge their customers between 100-300 dollars to simply replace a fracture laptop screen.... [tags: Laptop, Personal computer, Liquid crystal display]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- Customers choose to make prints from either phones, flash drives or an actual print. Some of these prints go back in centuries and are very precious to these customers. It is our responsibility to help them preserve their memories so that they can pass them on to generations to come. Below are some of the steps to follow while making a successful print from: Phone: 1. You will need to download the kiosk Kodak application on your phone. 2. You need to select the making prints option on the computer screen 3. Choose if you would like to make prints in seconds or in minutes 4. Choose whether you would like to have borders or no borders on your print Sometimes when you choose no border on y... [tags: Smartphone, Mobile phone, Windows Mobile]
1302 words (3.7 pages)
- The computer, one of man’s smartest inventions ever constructed. A device that was once a near thousands pounds, cost over a million dollars now fits into the palm of a hand and is only a fraction of the cost. Over a century ago, people had to accomplish routine tasks manually. Hand writing letters, scouring terms in the dictionary, and interacting with people face to face are functions that were once a norm for everyone but now are obsolete. In this automatonic, simplistic world we live in, objectives can be completed in fractions of the time it took over a hundred years ago, all thanks to the computer.... [tags: Konrad Zuse, Computer, Computer data storage]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- 1. Computer hardware is the physical pieces of a computer. It’s the equipment that makes up the computer. 2. A piece of computer hardware is a mouse. A mouse is a pointer for your screen. Clicking the left button, right button, or scrolling with the wheel performs different actions on your screen/with your software. 3. The CPU is the central processing part of your computer; the processor performs the instructions given from programs. 4. The system unit is the outside case of your computer. It holds the CPU and other circuitry/components that run your computer.... [tags: Computer program, Computer, Computer software]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- ... Many people realize the life they have been missing out on after experiencing a detoxification of technology. However, people often find themselves relapsing back into their old ways after the time limit is completed. There needs to be a solution that finds a balance between too much screen time and too little screen time. Too little screen time is ideal yet largely impossible due to the advancing digital world people are submerged in. Instead of screen time, people need to find hobbies and better ways to occupy themselves.... [tags: influence of technology, screen-free]
1067 words (3 pages)
- Purchasing a Notebook Computer Thinking of purchasing a new computer. If portability is a factor, then a notebook may be the way to go, versus buying a desktop computer. There are many things to consider when choosing that perfect notebook or laptop computer. It can be especially confusing if one isn’t technologically savvy, or has been out of the loop for a while. What are some of the important things to consider when purchase a laptop or notebook. We will take a look at size considerations, cost, choosing useful features, and a few other things that will help make purchasing a notebook easier.... [tags: weight, screen, accessories]
795 words (2.3 pages)
- Microcomputers: (Notebook, Laptop, Desktop and Tablet PC) Microcomputers are the smallest systems in the market. The size range is from calculator to desktop size. Its CPU is microprocessor. It also known as PC, their aim is to satisfy the needs of public and are single-user computers. They are used for common applications such as gaming, social networking, and internet research. Justify the performance, limitations Justify why this type is suitable to a particular environment Desktop: Desktop wasn’t designed to be portable.... [tags: Personal computer, Computer, Minicomputer]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- What is coming on TV tonight. There are so many different shows and movies to watch on television nowadays. Some may choose to watch cartoons, while others may want to watch the news. One of the popular types of television shows are reality-based. These types of shows are more for entertainment than being informative. Competitive, family-centered, and helping others are three of the reality television subgenres that are fairly popular. Looking into these categories are different qualities about each one.... [tags: Reality television, Television program]
764 words (2.2 pages)
- Computer Faceoff In this fast changing technological world, computers might be seen as one of the most popular kinds of electronic devices in today’s planet. Whether a child or an adult, male or female, everyone wants to learn how to operate a computer. People use computers for different purposes such as typing papers, creating websites, making presentations, browsing on the internet, and playing games. There are two types of computers such as laptops and desktops, which can be examined through size, weight, connectivity, and power.... [tags: Computer]
1008 words (2.9 pages)