After ballet, I joined a soccer team. I loved soccer. It meant everything to me starting at a young age all the way up to high school. I played on a travel team where girls from different schools were brought together. I thought this was an amazing experience being surrounded by different groups of people and all coming together for one reason. I played soccer prior to middle school, and then when middle school came around I tried out for the school team. I was intimidated because up until then I played with girls the same age as me. As every other sixth grader I kept my mouth shut during the tryout process and didn 't want to bring attention to myself. I made the B team my first year, which was average but not good enough to me. This made me work hard, I would run and practice ev...
... middle of paper ...
...I would have never thought I would be joining a college lacrosse team instead of a soccer team. The course of events through my life lead me to reaching a goal of being recruited, and meeting the best friends I could ever have.
Without my ballet teacher suggesting soccer as a sport for me, I don’t know where I would be today. I have made life long friends, and have learned many useful skills to get through life. From being the first undefeated soccer team at my middle school to being a lacrosse county champ I learned that hard work pays off. Even when it doesn’t, there is something behind the failure waiting to be brought out. I will hold the lessons I have learned with me for the rest of my life. I will also be forever grateful for the series of events that lead me to being recruited to the Stockton University lacrosse team, and making me the person I am today.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- . One of the all time great quarterbacks Michael Vick once said, I have always been an excellent and outstanding football player,I have always had uncanny abilities, great arm strength, and strong ability to play the game from a quarterback standpoint. The problem was that I wasn’t given the liberty to do things when I was a young age.The career of professional football player or occupation as a Football Player falls under the broader career category of Athletes and Sports Competitors. I love the sport of football.... [tags: American football, National Football League]
1631 words (4.7 pages)
- Are colleges doing enough to prepare student-athletes to be successful in life. Are students benefitting or are universities exploiting. Colleges are monetarily thriving from the talents of athletes. A numerous amount of these athletes are only recruited for their physical talents and many of them are not academically up to par. Although academic institutions claim to procure means to aid athletes in the classroom, there are still vast conundrums plaguing society concerning the miseducation of these individuals.... [tags: Success, Student Athlete, College, Benefit]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- Team Cohesion, Player Roles, Leadership Team cohesion is working together with each other and staying united as group to achieve a common objective, i.e. the cohesiveness of the group of individuals that make up the team including the players, coaches and others that work with and assist the team. Hodges (as cited by Moran, 2004, p 246) emphasizes that a ‘team’ is people coming together to achieve a common purpose. While Alderer (cited by Moran, 2004, p 246) defined a ‘group’ as “an intact social system, complete with boundaries and interdependence for some shared purpose and differentiated member roles”.... [tags: Sociology, Leadership, The A-Team]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- Whack. This is the sound that several Americans heard when watching Jackie Robinson make his debut with the Brooklyn Dodgers April 10, 1947 (Griffin).When people think of the first major black athlete in American History, they may think of Jackie Robinson. Jackie was one of many various African American people to assist in the reform of our culture. Black athletes were treated unfairly in the 1960s; however, they played a major role in the desegregation of the south, and they helped change the way America is today.... [tags: biography, african american player]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- NFL Football Player One of the all time great quarterbacks Michael Vick once said, I have always been an outstanding football player, I have always had uncanny abilities, great arm strength, an immense ability to play the game from a quarterback standpoint. The problem was that I wasn 't given the liberty to do certain things when I was young.The career of professional football player or job as a Football Player falls under the broader career category of Athletes and Sports Competitors. I love the sport of football.... [tags: American football, National Football League]
1604 words (4.6 pages)
- Gender discrimination is prominent in every industry, but it is as though the sport industry is one of the worst. Women in the work force currently receive only 80 cents to every man’s dollar (Holmes, 2016). However, female athletes both in America and internationally receive a far lesser compensation for their attributes. The only difference of the sports being played is who plays them. There should be no reason why a male athlete receives better pay simply because he had a 50% chance of being born a man.... [tags: Gender, Discrimination, Phoenix Mercury]
820 words (2.3 pages)
- Magic Johnson More than an Average Athlete In my life, I had many people who I really admire from Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Sean Carter (Jay-z), and Robert Johnson. Others who have influenced me in my development of a person were my parents; my mother and my father were there for everything I have done in my life. The person who I model myself after is Earvin Johnson jr. also known as Magic Johnson. There are many reasons why but all really point to him defeated in adversity in many facets of life.... [tags: Basketball athlete hero role model]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- Through the published research of several experts, transformational leadership has a life changing effect on learners. Placing the task in perspective, it is the relationships that are the formed through a team environment which cultivates life-long learning and fulfillment within players. Contracting experiences which have shaped a coaches life are indispensable in guiding each player in the pursuit of their potential. A coach is one of the most influential people in a child’s life. It’s vital that each leader is aware of the beliefs they are teaching to their players.... [tags: coach, player, leader, athlete]
2705 words (7.7 pages)
- Is being an athlete just this glamorous lifestyle we make it be. College basketball has developed into one of the dominating figures in entertainment today creating a mass following and an immense amount of media attention. On the outside looking in these athletes seem to have a good life, traveling across the nation playing the sport they love while receiving a full scholarship for college in the progress. Can there be any downside to this lifestyle. In short, yes, media impacts the life of these student athletes much more than we know.... [tags: Mass media, Media, Illinois, Sociology]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- My dream job in the future would be professional football player. I have loved the game of football since I was a little kid because it’s a good sport and you can tackle the player and catch and do anything in the sport as long as you follow the rules. The colleges that I’m looking forward to go to are UNC, Oregon, or Appalachian State. If a football player is interested in becoming a professional football player, it’s essential to be on a college football team. If a player wants to go to the pros, he should attend a college that puts a lot of emphasis on its football program.... [tags: Sports, Personal Goals, NFL]
959 words (2.7 pages)