Growing as a learner was something I never realized I would need to do, until I got my first exam score back in my economics class freshmen year. I was so wide eyed and mesmerized by the college experience that I let my naïve mind think that I could still get away with high school style study habits, or lack thereof. The class challenged me in many ways such as focusing, keeping up with supplemental reading, and most impo...
... middle of paper ...
...idence and overcoming my environment I need to continue to work to improve my social skills and ability to become comfortable in a hostile environment, whether at home or in the classroom. Without this negative in calculus I I would not have been able to succeed in it at UT. However, my persistence is something that I feel can be the foundation for turning things such as time management and goal setting into strengths. The most beneficial of all would have to be the improvement of my social anxiety, something that gets easier with age. Once I overcome this anxiety my environment will not cause distractions to my learning process. My ability to succeed in my economics class was due to study groups which I could not handle in my younger days. If I can overcome my personal issues and begin to properly use my persistence I know I can succeed in any new challenge I face.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I started at Texas Christian University in the fall 2011 semester. I came to the University as a Biology major on the pre-med track. This was not entirely my choice, my parents had pressured me to pursue a medical career for many years before college and I was still unsure of what I wanted to major in when it came time to select classes. So, I chose to make them happy and I enrolled as a biology major. At orientation, almost every person I talked to warned me of how difficult it was going was, but I had never really had trouble in school before and I didn 't think that this could really be that much harder.... [tags: High school, University, College]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- Environmental degradation has begun just after the immense human civilization. In recent decades, it has become a major concern for highly populated and developing country like Bangladesh, which has inadequate natural resources also numerous environmental challenges yet to resolve. For this reason, I am motivated to pursue the Master of Science in Civil Engineering (Concentration in Environmental Engineering) degree in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at The University of Texas at San Antonio.... [tags: Water, Hydrology, Groundwater, Water pollution]
1049 words (3 pages)
- ... E. Study abroad has numerous positive influences. University of North Texas states that study abroad is a beneficial way to remind and decide on a future career for many students. Through interacting with individuals from other nations, students may be able to discover unknown personality traits of themselves. Most significantly, students who study abroad will ultimately “gain many skills which will appeal to graduate school admissions committees” (“Benefits”). The graduate schools will more likely choose students who studied abroad because of their experience.... [tags: choosing a college or university]
1736 words (5 pages)
- Tragedy at Texas A&M University Texas A&M University and the University of Texas have been rivals for over 90 years. Every year Texas A&M held an annual bonfire tradition which attracts thousands of people. It is a tradition for Texas A& M to build a huge bonfire right before the game against rivals with University of Texas. Students would spend several weeks building the bonfire. On November 18, 1999 the stack of logs collapsed over and killed 12 A&M students. The aggie bonfire tradition would never again be the same.... [tags: essays research papers]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- ... In the course Computer Architecture & Organization, I implemented the LC-3 architecture with all necessary components including registers, APU, datapaths of instructions, memory including instructions pipeline architecture using Verilog. In the course Operating System, I developed the custom command line interpreter using C and implemented several functionalities as changing directories, execution of command etc., I also implemented threading, resource sharing using semaphores and monitors using C.... [tags: systems, curriculum, development, technology]
701 words (2 pages)
- Every year around half million people die from smoking tobacco or exposure to secondhand smoke (CDC). Tobacco use is an epidemic that cannot be stopped right away; however, many countries in the world are aware of this problem and have created new regulations that will prevent and reduce the number of smokers, hopefully in time. New polices have been implemented in schools, universities, indoor and outdoor places. Now, smoke-free or tobacco- free laws are posted in almost all colleges around the United States.... [tags: Smoking Essays]
814 words (2.3 pages)
- This is not meant to be a sob story, its only purpose to help explain some of the bad grades in my in high school and college, and to help explain my dedication to doing well and my need to attend Texas A&M university. My father left when I was very young, leaving my mother to fill both rolls of mother and father. This made her the center of my life growing up, when I got sick I went to her, when I had a secret to tell I went to her and when I had a soccer or football game she always there to make sure that I had some support.... [tags: Family, English-language films, Death, High school]
975 words (2.8 pages)
- developing a program for sophomore students who had grades “so low that they were in imminent danger of being dismissed from the University”, many of whom were prevailed to take advantage of an experiment which made “educational, vocational, and personal adjustment counseling” available (p. 137). Little was said in literature regarding the notion of sophomore year academic problem in the ensuing years until the mid-1970s (Bellani, 2007, Kennedy & Upcraft, 2010), at which point the phenomenon continued to be referred to as a developmental issue that occurs after the initial excitement of college has worn off (Furr & Gannaway, 1982).... [tags: University, Education, Student, Sophomore]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- Currently, my lifetime goals are to finish high school with excellent grades, attend Texas A&M university with a degree in Construction Science or Industrial Distribution, work at Pine Cove Christian camp as a camp counselor at least one or two summers, get an interesting internship, land a satisfying first job with a reputable company, and then start my own business. In my personal life, I want to marry the girl of my dreams and start a family. I want my wife and I to raise our children in a positive, happy, Christian environment attending magnitudes of Aggie football games.... [tags: High school, Extracurricular activity, Texas]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- My decision to study law was not automatic, nor an easy one; although I had been considering the idea since the beginning of high school. While pursuing my undergraduate degree, I considered a number of potential career paths. In the fall of 2007, I entered Texas Christian University with high aspirations for a successful career in music. At the same time, I had reservations about what a career in musical performance would hold for my future due to my practical nature and the instability that this field often entails.... [tags: Personal Ambition]
706 words (2 pages)