After I realized I wanted to help people, I also realized I did not just want any job I wanted to get a good paycheck. At first I wanted to become someone with all the money in the world because I didn’t want to ever need money again. I realized that money can’t buy happiness, but having money makes life a little easier in a world where everything revolves around money. I have never wanted to be in the same financial situation as my parents. As a child although both of my parents had jobs, and worked very hard, we never really had enough money for what we wanted. Growing up in a family with limited money was really hard because in the world prices keep going up while the paychecks stay the same. Experiencing this as a child made me realize that I want my future to be completely different from my past.
Getting a job at the age of fifteen showed me the reality of how the world works. This job has taught me that everything in life requires hard work. Although having a job as a teenager is not the most convenient thing in the word, it has shown me that not ever...
... middle of paper ...
...rson, so I have not completely made up my mind. I believe that I am going to go into either general practice or internal medicine. These fields are very similar, internal medicine is practically the same thing except it is a more limited field. Internal medicine focuses more on the main organs, while general practice includes both genders and a wide range of age. Becoming a general practice doctor I would be classified as a family physician. This field would open more doors, allowing me to treat more patients, not just one age group. Either of these fields would be very practical fields to work in, and I would be able to affect many people. I hope to one day to open my own practice, or like Brooke be affiliated with a hospital working in her own facility. I want to follow in her footsteps. I can only hope one day that I am as successful as she has been in her career.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Life as A Princess: Grace Kelly Even before Grace Kelly married a prince, she had the characteristics of a princess. Frank Sinatra once commented, "Grace was a princess from the moment she was born." She had remarkable elegance and sophistication that made her different from other Hollywood actresses. Some say she had a bit of fire beneath her charm. Alfred Hitchcock, who directed her in three films, called her "a snow-covered volcano". Grace was born into a family of fame and success. Her father was a wealthy bricklayer, her brother was a champion sculler, and her uncle, George Kelly was a famous playwright.... [tags: Biography Grace Kelly]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- Amazingly enough, even back in the 1880s you could look at a sequel and say "Dude, the original was better." "The Princess and Curdie" is the sequel to "The Princess and the Goblin" [link]. It comes across as more moralistic and heavy-handed than the original, and lacks some of its charm. Continuing on to MacDonald's final piece of adult fantasy, "Lilith" (1895) I have come to the conclusion that his genre work took a downhill turn after "The Princess and the Goblin" and never really recovered. "Curdie" starts out one year further on from "Goblin." Curdie is 15 now and turning into a teenager, with a bit of the angst that that entails.... [tags: Literature Review]
1208 words (3.5 pages)
- ... Since we were running low on rations I decided to setup a magic amplifier so we could teleport over there later, that was when we ported back to Canterlot.” “Sounds exciting, I’d never go that far out of Equestria, what if you where attacked by a dragon or something?” Fluttershy chimes. Twilight didn’t answer, her mind started to clench with pain. She saw things that you would only see in nightmares, burning building, young fillies screaming, a dark thunder ridden sky, and a dark throne in the middle of it all.... [tags: magic, crash, ball, hair]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- Girls are looking older and older at a younger age and are starting to take dangerous measures. The marketing companies are deciding to market to six year olds as though they are sixteen, and parents are the ones buying the clothes for them. Not only is there a problem with the clothes that girls wear, it is also the toys they play with. First girls want to play dress up as princess then they want to play with the princesses. Soon the young girls get tired of playing with princesses and want dolls with attitude.... [tags: princess, barbie, media, toys]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- What kind of woman full of faith would massacre hundreds of innocents. People have been asking that question of Mary Tudor, a child born into privileged yet mistreatment. As a princess, she grew up believing she was always in the right. This would prove fatal to those who did not share her beliefs and faith. Mary Tudor was born February 18, 1516. She was the only child of King Henry VIII and Queen Catherine of Aragon. Mary was the fifth child of Henry and Catherine. She was the only surviving child though.... [tags: princess, religion, murder]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- The entertainment business started booming, producing legendary films starring well-known actors and actresses; like Bing Crosby, Clark Gable, Josephine Baker, and Jimmy Stewart. Grace Kelly quickly rose to fame because she captured the hearts of many and raised the standard of a typical woman’s life. Her recherché and flawless self-confidence launched Grace Kelly into the exciting world of fame, Hollywood. Grace Kelly proved to be an outstanding female figure that snatched loving hearts of fans through her early life experiences, her time in Hollywood, and her successful royal wedding.... [tags: Princess Grace of Monaco, actress & monarch]
759 words (2.2 pages)
- On the morning of July 1, 1999, as a four year old, I was probably still in bed dreaming about becoming a princess or a pop star. Not having a worry about what I wanted to do with my life. At Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, someone was just starting a new chapter in their life. This person’s name is Sampson Davis. Davis grew up in a tough neighborhood in Newark, aka, Brick City, when he was a teenager, he was causing trouble and becoming comfortable with his thug life, but there was another side of him.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Doctor, Family]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- In the news today there are many cases of death of both young and old women and men. A majority of these deaths are due to illnesses, car crashes, or natural disaster but there is also a great percentage of death cause by another factor. In fact “20 percent of people with anorexia [and bulimia] actually die from the conditions” (ask how to quote it). Once bulimia and anorexia become part of a person life it is as if they were prisoners in their own body trying to escape. Eating disorders manipulate a person thought process to make them believe that their physical appearance is not accepted in our society.... [tags: charities, people's princess]
1129 words (3.2 pages)
- The Mass Media in Princess Diana's Life From the moment she stepped foot outside, Princess Diana of Whales had camera lenses and microphones pushed in her face. She was constantly pursued and for this reason she sometimes had to hide or disguise herself in order to avoid the unyielding persistence and constant harassment of the press. Eugene Robinson, a journalist in England said, "For the tabloids, day in and day out, no story is bigger than the royal family. All the tabloids employ royal-watching reporters, some of whom have become celebrities in their own right.... [tags: Princess Diana Wales Media Paparazzi Essays]
4867 words (13.9 pages)
- Princess Diana Throughout her life all eyes were always on Princess Diana. Millions came to identify with her and, when she died, they felt as though they have lost a best friend. Princess Di was known across the world as “The People’s Princess” and “The Queen of Our Hearts”. She was one of the most admired and relatable princesses to society.... [tags: Princess Diana]
947 words (2.7 pages)