For this project the data were collected random from Facebook and, this data was organized into a real hypothesis test of μ1 - μ2 ≠ 0. This means that Group one which is the iPhone will not equal to Group 2 which is Samsung because the tested result show that the price of the iPhone is lower than Samsung and, Samsung has two outliers. The sample difference in hypothesis test results show 31.45, where T-stat was 0.67898515 and with the T-stat the P-value was found at 0.5005, my p-value is greater than the significance level 0.05, therefore I do not reject the null hypothesis. In this case the, P-value was below 95% confidence interval so the null hypothesis was not rejected and ,there was enough information to conclude Group two is larger than group one.
Now, to make sure if the data were accurate from checkpoint 1, I put data in a Summary Stats using the Stat Crunch website, the random data was entered in summary stats so, it gives visual id...
... middle of paper ...
...d and the format of the project was easy. Also, it was easy to write papers because with the help of a tutor and stat crunch made easier to write the paper.
However, the concept of the project was easy, but it was hard at the same time because when collecting data on both populations, the sample might be close enough to each other or it may apart. And, this data will make the histogram, look right, left skewed or symmetric and in some case, there will be an outlier. Therefore, if I were to do this project again in future, I would make my sample size bigger, and change population like comparing most popular car in market. Also, I would make additional few changes like, the length of paper for project part one it should be around 800 and for part 2 it should be 600. Writing paper it’s easy but, when it comes to weird topic like this project it gets difficult to write.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As a Computer Science major and an active web developer, I have come to realize in my dealings with my colleagues, peers, and various companies vying for my attention that this industry is not in any way uniform. Each entity has a personal taste and belief of what is exactly best, and oftentimes they press it upon others as the “best practice”. Which software development method produced the highest quality product for the lowest cost is understandably a hot topic in today’s world. Traditionally, the Waterfall methodology has been prevalent among organizations, and is still widely used today.... [tags: Agile software development, Waterfall model]
1040 words (3 pages)
- Computer The technology in these days is considered help hand for everything to do our work with fewer errors and faster time. As we know many people in these days using the computer each day for doing their work and assignments or just for spending fun time. Computer word does not just mean hardware and software but means more than that. It means everything related to technology such as infrastructure, networks, and programming languages. Computer facilities have three primary computer specialists that are computer science, computer information system, and computer information technology.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer science, Computer]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- The Profile: Computer Science Computer scientists are stereotypically mistaken for nerds. Society sees them as geeks who spend almost their entire life staring at a monitor. "Another historic issue has been the nerd stereotype, or the related perception that computer science is only for boys, both of which reduce “coolness” among teenagers and thus student turnout," said Hadi Partovi, the founder/investor of Quora. In a Forbes article Partovi mentioned the problem with how society views computer enthusiasts as a group of people.... [tags: Computer science, Computer, Computer programming]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Statement of Purpose In the pristine place of Goa where parties and fun is at its peak, I was present there for the coding competition of Google. Though standing runner-up I learnt the vital phase of fun with work, in this Endeavour. This competition paved the way for me to pursue Master in Computer Science, which would help me to be a Google employee. Being in the kernel of technological and computing revolution, the field of Artificial Intelligence tends to change the human-computer interaction.... [tags: Computer science, Computer]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- When I was in middle school, I had totally no idea of what Computer Science is, but I was pretty proficient in using computers at that age. The only thing that I knew about Computer Science is that one of my aunts is in that field and that’s all, nor of my parents are in that major. Not until in High School that I got the sense of what programming is like. I was taught basic simple codings and I really enjoyed it and thought that the class was actually quite fun. But the class didn’t give me any sense of the important real-world applications of Computer Science.... [tags: Computer science, Computer, Computer graphics]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- Computer Science is a popular major with one of the brightest spots in the employments of current society as the world is becoming more and more advanced. People who graduate with a computer science degree are considered computer scientist; Computer scientists use technologies like computers, smart phones, and basic knowledge and reasoning to solve whatever problems they encounter. Computer Science Engineers write software programs that allow machines to do new things or improve tasks more efficiently; programs like Facebook, Twitter, and mobile messaging software have improved many people’s lives with easier and simpler ways of communication.... [tags: Computer science, Electrical engineering]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- In four years at the University of Texas at Dallas, I will be graduating with my degree in Computer Science. To achieve this goal, I will take various steps to ensure my success. Some of these steps include taking major specific classes and complete needed coursework in a timely manner. Rather than taking classes that would be easy, I will need to take classes that will further my knowledge in the computer science field. I chose to major in computer science because it incorporates all my academic interests in one field.... [tags: Computer science, Homework, Class]
1993 words (5.7 pages)
- Introduction Hardware can be daunting. The following is a brief look at why every computer science major should be knowledgeable in the acronyms that abound within the computer industry. Overwhelming Factors Budding computer science majors can be thankful to Ken Thompson’s desire to travel space. It was this desire that maintained a failed attempt of an operating system by a joint venture of General Electric, Bell Labs, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The operating system was named Multics and was abandoned in the late sixties, yet Ken Thompson had programmed a game he named Space Travel for Multics and it still needed an operating system on which to run.... [tags: Computer Science]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- As a young child, I always had an interest in computers and how they work. As a kindergartener, my parents gave me their old computer; a large creamed colored monstrosity that was considered old even for its time. Despite this, I was amazed by the device and how it worked. This interest continued with me as I grew older and went through school. Throughout middle school, I learned more about computers and took every chance I could taking computer classes. In high school, I took part in my first computer science class and learn the basics of coding.... [tags: Computer science, Computer, Programming language]
1474 words (4.2 pages)
- Name: Nabeel Asif Major: Master of Science in Computer Science Working in the field of computer and Information science with the help of technologies like .net, C#, SQL, Artificial intelligence and robotics for last 2 years and having an academic background in engineering propels me to acquire higher academic experience and advanced academic research relevant to the work and interest. Computer Science is a unique field that changes expeditiously and infiltrates every other science. It is permeating each and every other field around.... [tags: Computer science, Mathematics, Problem solving]
707 words (2 pages)