As we know, modern vehicles product many problems, such as pollution of environment, energy consumption and so on. The hybrid power technology
Is a new solution to these problems. At the beginning, some scientists and engineers want to develop a new generation vehicle. But they meet a series of severe problems that use new energy instead of the fuel and diesel. By a long time experience, they had to decide on using hybrid power technology. It means that using both traditional power and electric power. Basically, hybrid power technology is adding an electric motor in order to help internal combustion engine to produce energy. When a vehicle starts working, the electric motors are instead of internal combustion engine to product energy. When the car’s speed gets fast, it need more power. At that time, both electric motor and internal combustion engine are working together to product energy.
Qinghua(2011)affirmed that Chinese automotive market has become the biggest market in the world in the last twenty years. Meanwhile, Chinese market also is confirmed that it is the biggest production country in the universal. According to figures of caam(qinghua,2011), in 2010, the sales of car have reached about 18.26m. However, the number of hybrid power vehicles just about 20522. The sales of hybrid power vehicles are facing many problems.
This essay will discuss the benefits of hybrid power vehicle, the reason that the sales of hybrid power vehicles are in trouble in Chinese automotive market and how to solve these problems in the future.
Benefits of the hybrid power vehicle
According to economist(2004) consider that hybrid power vehicles have many a...
... middle of paper ...
...ems, some people still believe that the future of the vehicles belong to hybrid power vehicles in Chinese automotive market. As Joseph Romm, director of the Centre for Energy&Climate Solutions, a non-profit organization based in Arlington,Virginia said:”hybrid power automotives are almost certainly the platform from which all future clean vehicles evolve”(economist,2004). So I suggest that government could be play a vital role in developing hybrid power vehicles, not only give money to people who want to buy a car, but also decrease the taxes of import hybrid power vehicles. Meanwhile, the press ought to inform the benefits of hybrid power vehicles to people. What is more, the automakers, such as TOYOTA, HONDA etc, ought to require local government to publish more useful policies to encourage consumers and effectively reduce the costs of the hybrid power vehicles.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Mention “hybrid” vehicle to most people and the Toyota Prius comes to mind. That’s expected as the Prius family is by far the most dominant hybrid electric vehicles on the market. Furthermore, Toyota is the chief manufacturer, building twice as many hybrids as the industry combined. Despite all the attention given to hybrids, these vehicles account for just under 3 percent of all cars on the road today. That’s not an especially tenable market for a vehicle segment touting all things sustainable.... [tags: Plug-in hybrid, Electric vehicle]
884 words (2.5 pages)
- Hybrid Vehicles The definition of hybrid is that it is a “thing made by combining two different elements that makes it a mixture”. Hybrid cars have become popular in the last few years, many people, including myself, have looked into the idea of owning a hybrid car for many different reasons. There are some major automobile manufacturers that are the most fuel efficient cars in the United States, such as Honda, Toyota, Ford and GM. One of those reasons is that hybrid cars help the environment, which is a very important topic nowadays.... [tags: Internal combustion engine, Electric vehicle]
788 words (2.3 pages)
- Hybrid vehicles, which are environmentally friendly vehicles, which will replace fossil fueled car in the future but they currently have a limited range and long fueling time. As fossil fuel resources start to become limited and non-environmentally friendly, car manufacturers are looking to find ways to make hybrid vehicles the future of transportation. Hybrid vehicles are beneficial since they are efficient, reduce pollution, and cut global emission than the current hybrids models. As such, hybrid-electric vehicles can have substantial public benefits for both the environment and for energy security.... [tags: Internal combustion engine, Electric vehicle]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- Hybrid engines represent the way forward in vehicle design 1/. Ehsani et al (2009) states "Hybrid electric vehicle 's which use two power sources (a primary power source and secondary power source), have the advantages of both internal combustion engine vehicles and electric vehicle (EV) and overcomes their disadvantages.” This explains that in comparison to internal combustion engines and electric engines, hybrid engines are identified to be more efficient. This article is used because Ehsani et al (2009) extensively gave detailed information on how hybrid engine vehicles worked and the reasons which it could be the way forward in vehicle designs.... [tags: Internal combustion engine, Electric vehicle]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Jamel Clark Informative Speech Outline Topic: Hybrid Vehicles. General Goal: To inform my audience. Specific Goal: I want to inform my audience on some of the benefits that hybrid vehicles have. Thesis: Hybrid vehicles have many different benefits, such as save money on gas, holding their value over the years, and being more suitable for the environment. I. What exactly is a hybrid vehicle. A hybrid vehicle is a vehicle that is known to be able to function on both electricity as well as gas.... [tags: Internal combustion engine, Electric vehicle]
716 words (2 pages)
- Regular Ford Hybrid repair service is important for your Ford hybrid car; however, you should make sure that you take it to the right place for that service. Ford hybrid cars are among the most advanced hybrid cars on the market. Ford has invested significantly in the development of top quality hybrid systems and powertrains for its hybrid cars. The hybrid features that Ford has installed in its hybrid cars are unique to those in most other hybrid cars, and because of that, it is wise to only have your Ford hybrid car repaired by certified, Ford hybrid car technicians.... [tags: Plug-in hybrid, Automobile, Catalytic converter]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicles and Their Advantages 'The HEV [Hybrid Electric Vehicle] concept goes back to 1905. On November 23 of that year, American engineer H. Piper filed for a patent on a hybrid vehicle. Piper's design called for an electric motor to augment a gasoline engine'(1, pg 2) and thus, the HEV was born. Hybrid Electric Vehicles, otherwise known as HEVs are vehicles that 'combine the internal combustion engine of a conventional vehicle with the battery and electric motor of an electric vehicle'(2).... [tags: Cars Energy HEV Hybrids Driving Essays]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- 8 Reasons to Go Hybrid 8 Reasons to Go Hybrid Sales of hybrid vehicles in the United States have jumped from 17 sales in 1999 to 470,383 in 2014. The annual growth rate of the hybrid market has advanced across all makes and models and includes luxury vehicles, family sedans and economy vehicles. Hybrid car owners can save hundreds of dollars on fuel costs, receive tax incentives and driving perks and find hybrid vehicles in attractive models from their favorite manufacturers. Hybrid Technology Becomes Increasingly Common This article will explore some of the benefits of going hybrid, which include getting lower fuel costs, driving greener, cutting noise pollution and reducing dependen... [tags: Internal combustion engine, Hybrid vehicle]
1177 words (3.4 pages)
- Global Warming and Going Green has raised everyone’s awareness about the importance of our environment. Traditional gasoline vehicles generate an extreme amount of pollutants that are harmful to the environment, which is what led to the development and popularity of hybrid vehicles. There are many types of hybrid fuels being developed and used. Three types of fuels will be compared: ethanol 85 (E85), diesel, and hydrogen. There are also human factors that play into the feasibility of manufacturing and marketing of hybrid vehicles in comparison to the existing fleet of standard gasoline powered vehicles.... [tags: Environment, Global Warming, fuels]
2190 words (6.3 pages)
- Executive Summary: The high price of gas at the pump has many Americans looking for alternates to their gas powered vehicles. One of the most popular option right now is a hybrid vehicle. The question that comes to mind is, are hybrid vehicles worth it. With record high gas prices due to the price of oil, most car owners out there have major concerns over their gas usage. Over the past ten years, the cost of gasoline has grown 250%. The price of oil has doubled since January of this year. The high prices of oil and gas is the driving factor for most of the people to trade their gas powered vehicles for hybrid vehicles.... [tags: Economics]
1178 words (3.4 pages)