This report is about the hybrid vehicles. It gives a brief
definition of hybrid engines and shows how the hybrid engines started in
the beginning of the twentieth century. Moreover, it explains the differences between hybrid cars and standard cars. Also, it mentioned some
companies and countries that interested in producing hybrid cars, and the
prices of their cars in the United State of America. Finally, it discusses
the popularity of hybrid cars in USA and its factors.
Hybrid vehicles are cars, which use both an internal combustion engine and
an electric motor to obtain maximum power and fuel economy with minimum
The first hybrid car was built in 1899 by Eng. Ferdinand Porsche (Jameson,
2009, p.1). His hybrid engine used a small gasoline engine to supply power
to an electric motor that drove the car. However, governments didn 't care
about hybrid engines until Arab oil embargo of 1973. Since then, hybrid
engines have been improved and the plug-in type is getting all the supports
Efficiency is the ratio between the income and the outcome of a machine, which we can use this expression in every thing, by giving a name for the income and the same for the out come. After known the meaning of the efficiency, and how to use it. Now we can introduce it to, compare between difference kinds of cars. Cars efficiency measured by measuring ratio between the miles (outcome) a car gets per a gallon (income) (MPG). If you are planning to buy a new car, and your only concern is saving money, then an important factor you will have to look at is the efficiency, because by known how many mils your car is going to drive on a gallon you would know the approximate amount budget you are going to waste on...
... middle of paper ...
...e sales of this line will force the companies to compete and in the end they will have to decline the values to win the market.
In fact, a consumer report Hybrid.com did show that 39% of American citizens are considering a hybrid car for their next car. This turns to two reasons as they said in the telephone survey: it is better choice to save the environment, and in the long term it will help their budgets. Apart from all of this, eartheasy.com studies on the popularity of hybrid cars shows that, a recent study showed an increment by 40% in the hybrid market.
Hybrid technology has both bright and dark sides, yet its future pawned on the consumers. For me, I believe that, this technology will have a decent position in the near future. We are moving to a fuel less future. What I mean by fuel less future is, fuel will not be as cheap as it is now.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 8 Reasons to Go Hybrid 8 Reasons to Go Hybrid Sales of hybrid vehicles in the United States have jumped from 17 sales in 1999 to 470,383 in 2014. The annual growth rate of the hybrid market has advanced across all makes and models and includes luxury vehicles, family sedans and economy vehicles. Hybrid car owners can save hundreds of dollars on fuel costs, receive tax incentives and driving perks and find hybrid vehicles in attractive models from their favorite manufacturers. Hybrid Technology Becomes Increasingly Common This article will explore some of the benefits of going hybrid, which include getting lower fuel costs, driving greener, cutting noise pollution and reducing dependen... [tags: Internal combustion engine, Hybrid vehicle]
1177 words (3.4 pages)
- The Efficiency of Hybrid Cars Transportation is a large concern in today’s modern world. Most individuals have opted to buy vehicles for their personal use. Most of these vehicles consume gasoline and a smaller proportion is hybrid based. These two types of vehicles have many similarities. The two such vehicles require an energy source and both types of vehicles provide an important function to society. That function is to provide people with a reliable form of transportation. Although these two types of vehicles have many similarities, their differences are what distinguish them.... [tags: Hybrid Cars Car Gasoline Efficient Essays]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Global climate change is becoming an ever more relevant topic, and the reality of the issue is becoming more apparent. Support is growing to combat the effects, and one of the assumed ways is by driving eco-friendly vehicles such as the Toyota Prius or other hybrid cars. However, after researching some questions arise of just how eco-friendly these products are. One will explore the environmental effects of hybrid and all-electric vehicles. There are also economic impacts and social factors that will be addressed and they directly affect the production and consumption of these vehicles.... [tags: alternatives to conventional fuel consumng cars]
3166 words (9 pages)
- Hybrid Prius A hybrid car is a car which can run on two or more fuel sources. A Hybrid Prius is a vehicle that is fuel efficient with two motors. At low speed it runs on an electric motor powered by a battery pack, and at higher speed it runs by a gasoline engine. The two engines share work. This helps reduce the amount of gasoline-power energy required to move the car. The battery (lithium-ion battery) charges while the car is running. They undergo a constant change of charge. It receives energy from the generator through braking or transmission.... [tags: electric and fuel powered 2 motor cars]
614 words (1.8 pages)
- Want to buy a hybrid car. Consider the facts. You may be correct in thinking that you should buy a hybrid car or SUV, but are you thinking you need it for the right reasons. Kevin Ransom’s article “Reasons to buy a hybrid – or not” updated on CNN’s website in January 28, discusses many aspects consumers should consider when thinking about buying a hybrid vehicle. He makes good points, but he needs some better ones to convince me. Ransom is making an argument with plenty of statistics for buying a hybrid and trying at the same time to give you somewhat of a counterargument against buying a hybrid.... [tags: Gasoline Electric Hybrid Automobiles]
1373 words (3.9 pages)
- The current vehicles that are powered by gasoline pollute, but as technologies improve and the human way of life changes alternatively powered vehicles enter the automotive industry. These vehicles were developed to achieve better gas mileage and to help slow the production of the gasses that cause Global Warming. The hybrid vehicle is one of the most popular alternatively powered vehicles. Hybrid electric vehicles are energy efficient cars or trucks that run on an internal combustion engine of a gas vehicle with the battery and electric motor of an electric vehicle.... [tags: Environment Ecology Automobiles Essays]
1812 words (5.2 pages)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicles and Their Advantages 'The HEV [Hybrid Electric Vehicle] concept goes back to 1905. On November 23 of that year, American engineer H. Piper filed for a patent on a hybrid vehicle. Piper's design called for an electric motor to augment a gasoline engine'(1, pg 2) and thus, the HEV was born. Hybrid Electric Vehicles, otherwise known as HEVs are vehicles that 'combine the internal combustion engine of a conventional vehicle with the battery and electric motor of an electric vehicle'(2).... [tags: Cars Energy HEV Hybrids Driving Essays]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- When gas prices started to rise, along with the concern about the long-term availability of fossil fuels, interest in hybrid cars increased quickly. They have significantly higher fuel efficiency compared to their standard gasoline counterparts, and make more effective use of the energy produced by the engine. In the early 2000’s several celebrities started driving hybrids, which also helped make them fashionable to own in addition to practical. Now most car manufacturers have one or more hybrid options, including cars and SUVs.... [tags: Conservation ]
1261 words (3.6 pages)
- Introduction A hybrid vehicle is a vehicle that is powered by two or more power sources to move the vehicle (Lampton 2009). Among the types of power sources are electricity, petrol, and hydrogen gas. As of 2011, the world’s best selling hybrid, the Toyota Prius, on sale since 1997 has sold over 3 million units worldwide. Sales of other hybrids are also picking up. (Schwartz 2011) There are 3 different power trains that are used by production hybrids. Only 12% of survey respondents knew this (Personal Survey 2012).... [tags: Automobiles ]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- Hybrid Cars In my basic presentation, I examined the practicality of HEVs (Hybrid Electric Vehicles), otherwise known as hybrids. The presentation gave some background about laws pertaining to emissions but at the same time was designed more to educate the consumer as to what a hybrid actually is. You do not plug it in. Current Emission Standards are confusing. At this point in time, we are at a major transition as to what will be the future of combustion vehicles. Present day standards do not call for the kind of emission requirements that will account for the current rate of global warming.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Essays]
1865 words (5.3 pages)