Human resources specialists have an abundance of different task. These specialists are in charge of screening, recruiting, interviewing, and placing new working. Other tasks they are required to do is maintain up to date information about each employee. They are also responsible for informing the new employees about human resources policies, procedures, and laws. The human resources specialists inform employees about their job duties, compensations, schedules, benefits, and address relation issues.
Many skills are needed to be in order to be a successful human resources specialist. Human resources specialists must be active listeners, they will need to offer people their full attention in what they are saying and be able to ask questions accordingly. They must also have good speaking skills because it is important for them to be able to communicate information effectively. Lastly, human resources specialists must have well developed critical thinking skills and reading comprehension. They are required to understand work related documents and use logic and reasoning to approach problems and alternative solutions.
The projected growth from 2014 to 2024 is Average (5% to 8%). It is projected that my 2024 there will be 139,300 job openings. In Texas, it is projected to have a 17% job increase by 2024.
I would use this resource when working with my students because it offer...
... middle of paper ...
...alist. My skills of being respectful, following instructions, being cooperative and responsible are essential to have in order to be a successful human resource specialist, but I believe I need to be able to gain more social skills and become a better speaker. A human resource specialist will need to obtain social skills in order to interview future employees and understand what questions to ask when interviewing. Also, a human resource specialist needs to have good public speaking skills because public speaking skills are necessary when interviewing prospective employees.
Overall, using O*Net and taking the iSeek Skills Assessment was a very eye opening experience for me. I know that the information provided by the O*Net website and the assessment can be very valuable for my students and I do plan on incorporating these resources with my students in the future.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The formulation of human resources strategy and policies specialists should act as advisors to and educators of top management. It is important that all of general management, and most especially top management, are human resources literate. But being a general manager usually means being literate about a lot of stuff and an expert on rather little, and unless the CEO or the division (or business unit or regional) chief has a human resources background, she is unlikely to be a working force expert.... [tags: Human resource management, Management]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- Decentralization of Human Resource Management What is decentralization. Decentralization is a broad term with many applications, especially in government and business. First used in 1846, it is defined as “the dispersion or distribution of functions and powers; specifically: the delegation of power from a central authority to regional and local authorities” (“Decentralization”). Decentralization is often hard to understand without discussing centralization. Centralization is defined as all decision making power concentrated in the hands of a primary authority.... [tags: Human resources, Management]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- What is decentralization. Decentralization is a broad term with many applications. First used in 1846, it is defined as “the dispersion or distribution of functions and powers; specifically: the delegation of power from a central authority to regional and local authorities” (“Decentralization”). Decentralization is often hard to understand without discussing centralization. Centralization is defined as all decision making power concentrated in the hands of a primary authority. Decentralization is most notably used in the government and business sphere.... [tags: Human resources, Management]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- The University of Virginia Human Resources (UHR) is made up of an Undergraduate school, 7 graduate schools and 3 professional schools. They all report up to UHR for hiring, payroll and benefits. Last year the University offered a retirement package and more people took the plan than they expected in UHR. Each school varies in how much HR work they do in the department some more than others. The vision of the Vice President and Chief Human Resource Office was to empower the departments to do more of the HR functions and decentralize the HR hiring process.... [tags: Human resources, Human resource management]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- For my interview, I spoke with Judie Crudo, the Human Resource Director of St. Anthony Foundation (St. Anthony’s). She has been with the organization as the Director of Human Resources for the past 25 years. Prior to St. Anthony’s, she worked in Human Resources for Macy’s and a small start-up company. Her desire to work in employee relations brought her to the non-profit sector after 20 years in the private sector. St. Anthony’s is an established San Francisco non-profit, providing over 64 years of critical care.... [tags: Human resource management, Human resources]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- Education for Ethics and Human Resource Management Introduction In this research paper, it is suggested that two or three ethic courses should be given to some graduate or postgraduate students to implement it in works areas related to human resource management (HRM). HRM and ethics are very related to each other that can be given them to aimed, the firstly, if any situation happens in future about the ethical issues how he/he can deal it and the secondly to show the generalist public admin students is they involve to any issues to solve themselves.... [tags: Human resource management, Human resources]
1190 words (3.4 pages)
- Very many studies have established different human resource management practices and issues managers are faced with while performing their jobs. They have subsequently used these discoveries to give an insight in theory and practice from a growing country’s context (Ghebregiorgis and Karsten, 2006; Stavrou-Costea, 2005; Jackson, 2004; Kamoche et al., 2004; Flood et al., 2003; Anakwe, 2002; Dowling and Schuler, 1990). CHOOSE TWO In reference to researches on human resource management practices, it was found that, recruitment, performance appraisal, training, compensation and reward systems, are being practiced in Nigeria.... [tags: Human resource management, Human resources]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- The article from the Human Resource Management Journal titled ‘The practice of discipline: evaluating the roles and relationship between managers and HR professionals’ seeks to shine a light on not just the application of work place discipline but the relationship between the human resources manager and the operational managers when it comes to employee discipline. The authors describe it as, “The progressive devolution of people management activities has left the responsibility for disciplinary decision making with operational managers.” (Jones & Saundry, 2012 pg.... [tags: Human resource management, Human resources]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- Human Resource Roles and Responsibilities Human Resource is a key to the success of a company by keeping in connection with the organization's objectives and business strategies. Human Resource maintains a healthy work environment between company policies and individuals. Human resource management focuses on securing, maintaining, and utilizing an effective work force, which organizations cannot survive without. Human resource management can also be described as the relationship between the employer and the employee.... [tags: Human Resource Management Essays]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- It is the responsibility of the human resources department to ensure that the organisation recruits the correct staff and that the staffs are trained to ensure that the business meets its aims and annual targets. Our function is absolutely central to the success of the business. Sometimes in human resources there has to be disciplinary for staff and termination of contracts. What is important is that all staff members are treated fairly and in line with company policy. The Human Resources Department are responsible for four main functions: Ø Human Resources Planning Ø Recruitment and Selection Ø Training and Development Ø Performance Management.... [tags: Human Resources Essays]
1057 words (3 pages)