In MSU, Human Resource Management(HRM) is a major which is famous as Supply Chain Management or Accounting is. But, HRM is a huge major and career in current society. HR manager needs to send different person to appropriate department. Also, HR manager should have the high knowledge level and the high ability for communication. The above-mentioned is all I knew about this major and this career before I came to the college. To be honest, I didn’t know human resource management, I even got confused about how this name came from. On the plane flew back to China, I was questioned by a scientist about my major. She asked me how many components HRM had, and I could not respond to her at all. Therefore, these are all my backgrounds before doing this major mapping subject.
After several researches online, I gained more information for Human Resource Management. HRM focuses on people’s skills for planning and communicating. Usually, these are the entry level positions in the private company or public enterprise. Recruitment and selection, training and development, compensation, performance management, employment security and work–life balance are normal HRM practices, which are also the things HR managers should work on with other employees. (Koon 1)
By starting this project, I asked Yuanyuan for a personal interview. She is a Master who is in HRM major, she also has several internship experiences and a couple of working experiences. Yuanyuan was very willing to help me for this project, which was very appreciated. She introduced her first internship as a recruiter in one company which owned 500 employees. She said that her...
... middle of paper ...
...or children as well (Sunan 3). Depends on the policies from the country, company’s perks tend to people who lose spouses, who have the child. They will get more “coupons.” In addition, when someone gets a baby, or lose the spouses, they have to leave. So, the rest of people have to extra work to finish the task. Maybe they need to stay longer with extra-payment, because it’s called the emergency. Most of employees’ benefits is losing, they can’t let company’s benefit going down.
Human Resource Management is one area that focus on labor relationships and HR career. HRM is related to individual, organizational and societal levels, and is a very important department in the company. HR managers organize the personnel assignment, which is pretty attractive. I know much more as I did, but there are still a lot things I don’t. This major is amazing, I want to study it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Human resource management (HRM) means the management of anything related to employment relationship of a firm. Although, from many perspectives, there is not much of differences between HRM and SHRM, strategic human resource management (SHRM) takes organizational goals and operation into the consideration of HRM (Boxall and Purcell 2000). For example, for a High-tech company Amazon or Facebook, HR department is responsible for selecting employees with high level of expertise and team spirit due to lots of team based projects.... [tags: Human resource management, Management]
1485 words (4.2 pages)
- There has been a lot of research work done on how human resource management (HRM) can positively enhance the employee behaviour and performance outcomes. Recently, the HRM theoretical research has shown an emphasis on the relationship between the employee engagement (EE) and performance and how can HRM interventions affect this relationship (Truss, Shantz, Soane, Alfes & Delbridge, 2013). The companies that have a higher level of engagement among their employees earn the profits, three times faster than their competitors.... [tags: Human resource management, Management]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Human Resource Management Managers acquire the work of an organization or business by the proficient of subordinate employees. For that reason, managers at every single level of the business ought to be concerned with Human Resource Management (HRM), which is the utilization of personnel to accomplish organizational goals and purposes. A human resource manager is a person who in general performs in an advisory or staff capacity, functioning with other managers concerning human resource concerns.... [tags: Human resource management, Human resources]
2198 words (6.3 pages)
- Human Resource Management (HRM) is defined as formal structure designed for the administration of individuals within an organization for the purpose of helping an organization achieve its set goals (Armstrong 2011). Kaila (2005) notes that the HRM is typically tasked with thee primary responsibilities namely definition of jobs, recruitment and employee compensation. Based on this definition, the HRM is tasked with managing all employees and ensuring that the organization meets its overall objectives through proper management of employees.... [tags: Management, Human resource management, BMW]
1232 words (3.5 pages)
- Q1. Human Resource Management Human Resource Management is a concept widely used in mostly every big small organisation. HRM is all about management and development of “People” of an organisation. It is related with selecting right people into the right job and their training and development. Human Resource Management (HRM) is the capacity inside of an association that concentrates on requirement, administration of, and giving proper trainings to the individuals who work in the organisations. HRM is the hierarchical function that is related with issues related with individuals, for example, pay, safety, good management or administration, organisation 's progress, wellbeing, health etc.... [tags: Human resource management, Human resources]
1728 words (4.9 pages)
- The occupation I have chosen is human resource management or HRM. This occupation has stood out to me ever since I’ve started business classes at the University of Southern Indiana. Going into business I didn’t know what to expect or what kind of business I would be interested in. I have talked and discussed this occupation with many peers, as well as, faculty to see what it has to offer. I am interested in many of the tasks and skills that are handled while doing this job. Being able to organize, communicate, and adapt to new situations have always been skills that I performed well.... [tags: Human resource management, Employment]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- She asked me how many components HRM hasDisciplinary Literacy for Human Resource Management In MSU, Human Resource Management(HRM) is a major which is famous as Supply Chain Management or Accounting is. But, HRM is a huge major and career in current society. HR manager needs to send different person to appropriate department. Also, HR manager should have the high knowledge level and the high ability for communication. The above-mentioned is all I knew about this major and this career before I came to the college.... [tags: Human resource management, Employment, Management]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
- Introduction There is no escaping the fact that each organization, big or small, must employ a variety of capital to facilitate business operations. Capital refers to the assets such as cash and goods deployed by an organization to generate income. In order to make capital realize income, organizations across all industries employ people who in turn avail their skills and abilities. In this regard, as Jones & Bartlett (n.d) state, employees are by far the greatest assets of any organization. As such, whether an organization is successful or not largely depends on the level of productivity within its workforce.... [tags: Employment, Human resource management, Hotel]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- Human resource management (HRM) processes are crucial to the success of an acute care hospital facility. In this paper, I will give insight on how HRM processes have to align with the organizations goals and objectives in order to operate successfully. Hiring, training and benefits are a few of the major roles that human resources control in an organization. Therefore, it is important that human resource managers are abreast of all current policies and procedures. Examine a significant way that the Joint Commission has influenced the basic functions of HRM and predict the likely impact of the policies and procedures at the your acute hospital.... [tags: Human resource management, Management]
1735 words (5 pages)
- Human Resource Management HRM 7010 Presented By: Submitted To: Asmi Patel A7712 Jude Edeigba Khyati Pathak C2374 Presentation The HR of an association incorporates all individuals who perform its exercises. Human asset administration (HRM) is connected with the work force strategies and administrative practices and frameworks that impact the workforce. All choices that influence the workforce of the association concern the HRM capacity. The exercises included in HRM capacity are all through the association: • Line supervisors for human asset exercises such contracting, assessing, training, and planning representatives.... [tags: Human resource management, Human resources]
1314 words (3.8 pages)