Humans can get infected by Fungi. Fungi exist in most of the world’s forests. Fungi, trees and other plants have a symbiotic relationship exchanging nutrients. Studies show that chemical signals can be transmitted from one plant to another via fungi. Which means that fungi filaments could perform both vascular and neural functions within a corpse. A fungus carries nutrients to muscles in the absence of respiration. Fungi grows within the brain, were it interfaces with the medulla and cerebellum. Fungi releases chemicals that activate basic responses within these brain areas. A fungus is able to convert chemical signals that can be transmitted by fungi that extend through much of the body. The signal method is slow and imperfect, which results in the uncoordinated movements of zombies. The fungus needs metabolize meat, and zombies seem to be able to function. A fungus evolves to extract energy and nutrients from meat into carnivorous plants. The fungi might draw energy from the decay of the host’s organic material, which means that it puts an effective shelf life on zombies.
A fungal species existed that used the digestive tracts of mammals to travel.
Animals ingested the fungus, including spores. The host’s immune system could destroy the fungus. Once the host has died, the mutations could lead to spores.
Pigs, which are omnivorous, coul...
... middle of paper ...
...ed to transfer into a new host.
The last act of a Nanobot zombie would be to bite a hole in a healthy victim, letting nanobots to steam in and set up camp in the new host. Once they’re in, they can shut down the part of the brain that resists (The cortex) and leaves the brain stem intact. In the future, runaway microscopic nanobots will end civilization by flowing the plant with cannibalistic undead.
Grabianowski, Ed. "How a Zombie Outbreak Could Happen in Real Life." io9. Ed
Grabianowski, 6 June 2012. Web. 18 May 2014.
Lee, Grant . "5 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Apocalypse Could Actually Happen." NJC Science
Technology. Grant Lee, 22 June 2013. Web. 20 May 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Religion is the belief in and worship of a phenomenal controlling power, especially a personal God or gods. Religion has been the part of human from the dawn of time, and whether people believe in almighty God or any other god. Most religions believe in a particular higher power, as a result it raises a question whether God really exists or not. Every person in this world can give an answer to that particular question in there on way and according to their religion. Some will say that God exists and they will give there proof of Gods existence, but there are others that believe God doesn’t exist and there is no such thing as God.... [tags: religion, god, exist]
1053 words (3 pages)
- Concepts are how we give meaning to everyday things. We make, name, communicate, and imagine concepts all day everyday; concepts are vital to understanding this world we live in. A concept is an abstract idea or a cognitive unit of meaning. Zombies, for example, are a concept, but where did this concept of the living dead arise. Is there some religious link to this concept or is it an image of imagination. A zombie is defined as a fictional undead demon or a person in a rapt state being controlled by a bokor, sorcerer, or a wizard.... [tags: Wade Davis, Origin of Zombies]
1546 words (4.4 pages)
- have you ever wondered if zombies were real. Or are they just another object to kill in video games. People can turn into zombies if they don't get enough sleep at night. Lifestyle, health, and the environment can all cause someone to have insomnia. A person’s environment will affect his or her sleep. The amount of stress someone is carrying, the temperature, and lighting all contribute to the sleeping environment. “Concerns about work, school, health or family can keep a person’s mind active at night, making it difficult to sleep.... [tags: Stress, Sleep Patterns, Insomnia]
1207 words (3.4 pages)
- Imagine, if you will, a brisk night wind coming fast across a lake carrying a pungent smell, something you can’t quite identify, but is nonetheless familiar enough to send a shiver up your spine. As it hits the trees, they creak out a somber call in the still night air. Or was that groan something more…human. You notice, for the first time, the absence of tires humming on pavement and you wonder if it’s that late, or maybe just a slow night. The soft tapping of your shoes on the sidewalk is the only accompaniment your slow breathing has as you move towards the warmth of your home, holding thoughts of a warm bed in the palm of your hand to keep the chill away.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
2276 words (6.5 pages)
- Do mermaids really exist. This is a question that many have asked over the years but never really took the time to try and find out. I personally believe the existence of mermaids is definitely possible, especially considering the fact that the world has only explored five percent of our oceans. Scientists discover new sea creature species every single day but many still try to argue the fact that everything about mermaids is simply a myth. There are plenty of odd creatures we have discovered in the oceans, so why do people think it’s so ridiculous that the existence of mermaids could be possible.... [tags: half fish, rapid heartbeat]
1285 words (3.7 pages)
- ... There are major signs in the music industry that highlight the existence of the Illuminati thus negating the idea that it is a myth. The illuminati has recruited a number of singers from the music industry which include Lady Gaga, Eminem, Jay Z, Nicki Minaj and Rihanna amongst others and they are frequently photographed imitating the Illuminati Occulent(“Illuminati symbolism in music” N pag). Lady Gaga is the most notorious puppet of the Illuminati as seen in her dressings, songs and videos.... [tags: music, media, economy, politics]
1713 words (4.9 pages)
- Zombies When it comes to the end of the world, most people think about God coming or the sun exploding. There is one other thing on the list that has the film industry thriving with money. Zombies are on the top list of how the world might end. Zombies are a body reanimated after the person dies. It also needs a virus to help reanimate the body. Zombies are one of the most talked about way that the world might end. One of the most famous stories about zombies is the during WWII, the nazis had a secret lab that they would do experiments on the bodies of some the Jews that they killed.... [tags: ways to kill a zombie]
934 words (2.7 pages)
- Zombies have established a hold on the people of the twenty-first century. There are books, movies, TV shows, and video games about zombies. AMC’s “The Walking Dead” is a TV show about a group of people trying to survive the zombie apocalypse. While fans of the show may already love zombies, some fans watch the show with little knowledge on what zombies really are. Matt Mogk’s “Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Zombies” is a book that is written to inform readers on everything they would want to know about zombies.... [tags: zombie basics, zombie science, matt mogk]
873 words (2.5 pages)
- Multiple Personalities: Do They Really Exist Multiple personalities- the existence of two or more distinct personalities or personality states within one person. In actuality, up to ten or even more personalities can coexist within one person, some documented cases have revealed over one hundred. But, the question remains, what exactly is the multiple personality disorder (MPD). First I will look at what exactly the disorder is. It is, in simple terms, many complex personalities all inhabiting the same body.... [tags: essays research papers]
1484 words (4.2 pages)
- ZOMBIES Wesley Street is a hodgepodge of potholes and patches. As I navigate around the worst potholes, I keep a keen eye out for preoccupied pedestrians who scurry about the road like a lost army of ants. The parking lot is a sea of cars, acres and acres of cars. After what seems like endless trips up and down each aisle, I find a parking place. As I turned off the ignition, I take a deep breath and looked over at the imposing building. I checked my more time to make sure I have everything but I knew it was a delaying action.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
1429 words (4.1 pages)