There are the typical comparison of how Xocotla is somewhere else than Stockton, but that is too mediocre. I want to explain more in depth comparisons of Stockton and Xocotla. A start can be how diverse Stockton’s population is compared to Xocotla’s. Stockton contains many ethnicities while Xocotla mainly consist of Latinos, but the reason for that is due to the fact that Xocotla is is Mexico. According to the book, Xocotla’s population was growing by an insane amount and that it had “no industry, no jobs, and its agriculture was wasting” (Quinones, 21). In Stockton, jobs are somewhat plentiful, not to appease everyone, but it is enough.
Compared to Stockton, Xocotla is a poor town, with the increase of population, Xocotla got worst. Agriculture were destroyed by “people or by pigs or dogs wandering leisurely” (Quinones, 21), while in Stockton, agriculture seems fine, I mean when I go to groceries stores, products are there, plentiful as well for multiple cus...
... middle of paper ...
...and then get a job to support my parents. That is actually what both of my oldest sibling are trying to do; they are trying to finish their long journey to finally start their career. They’ve been stuck at Delta, in fact, for about seven to nine years, thinking about what they wanted to do and where they wanted to study. Fortunately they got into Sac State and my oldest sister is graduating this semester, while my oldest brother is graduating either the following semester or next spring. After them, I have the responsibility to finish my education and help them with supporting my parents. Putting aside the two different towns, I am actually quite similar to Delfino as well. Actually what am I saying, a lot of people are the same as Delfino and me, all we want to do is help our family who has taken care of us since we were born onto earth. That is life to many of us.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Lady Or The Tiger. by Frank Stockton Standing in the center of a larger arena was a young youth whose faith was in the balances. Spectators raise steely on all sides directly in front of him awaiting his death. In front of him was two massive doors behind one were life and bliss, behind another lies a man-eating beast. The choice he makes of the two doors solely depending on a Semi-Barbaric princess. Whose train of thought might be different from that of a person who is sound of mind. Being of her background, she would easily have led the youth to the door of the beast.... [tags: Frank Stockton The Lady Or The Tiger?]
640 words (1.8 pages)
- The ability to take risks, organize and manage a business in a competitive market that is constantly evolving; innovating with the focus on growth and profit is entrepreneurship. Many schools across North America offer post-secondary courses to major in entrepreneurship, is majoring in entrepreneurship worth the time and money. Students with degrees will be able to have job opportunities reduces the ambition of self-employment because the purpose of going to get a degree is to find jobs instead of creating your own (1), starting a business is riskier than working for someone else.... [tags: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneur]
1058 words (3 pages)
- You drive up a long dirt path, up to the house that stands alone like a church, up to the backyard where the electronic screaming of animals roars, up to the man with the bald head, the yellow sunlit aviators, and the gun that never stops firing that rests in his hand, now you are next to Hunter S. Thompson. No one thought the juvenile delinquent from Louisville, Kentucky would become one of the most celebrated American authors of the 21st century. From being idolized by some of the Western hemispheres most beloved actors and Icons such as Bill Murray and Johnny Depp he has made quite a name for himself, but who really is Hunter S.... [tags: Johnny Depp, the battle of aspen]
1867 words (5.3 pages)
- Nate Parker once said, “The American Dream is more about opportunity than anything else” (Brainyquote.com). When people are wishing to pursue the American Dream, they are looking for jobs, opportunities, and roles in the world where they can successfully complete what they desire for themselves. There are billions of people on this planet, and with them, billions of desires about what they want to accomplish. No matter what a person is wishing to pursue, there are many different opportunities that go along with their desire.... [tags: F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby, Jay Gatsby]
1182 words (3.4 pages)
- Roger Rosenblatt's Screams From Somewhere Else "Screams From Somewhere Else", written by Roger Rosenblatt holds many points within the context of the story. The main point that this story portrays is embedded within the story’s structure. There are many scenarios that lead to the main theme, which in this case is how society or individuals react to the screams that are being heard. One example that reflects the main point is that of the beaten six-year old child. In this case the father causing the child to die of the beatings was abusing both the child and the mother.... [tags: Screams From Somewhere Else]
620 words (1.8 pages)
- At first glance the two property choices seem to be similar. They are both three bedroom, two bath, single-family properties available for $125,500. There are two main distinctions between the properties: the location and the current condition of the house. I believe that the house located in Chapel Hill is a better investment because the current economic state is better and the listed market price reflects the current condition of the house. While making a decision on which is the better buy, I researched some vital indicators of the current state of each local economy and compared what was available.... [tags: Financial Strategy, Pros&Cons]
934 words (2.7 pages)
- In the “The Lady or the Tiger?” Frank R. Stockton describes a short story that takes place in a very olden and barbaric time. This story consist of a “semi-barbaric” king, a lover boy, and a princess. When newly received information of his daughter’s affair come to his attention, the king reveals that the young man she is in love with is unfit to be in a relationship with his daughter. In order for the young man to right his wrong, the king devised a justice system that is based off of fate. In a public arena, that the king created for the accused, stood two doors.... [tags: Boy, Love, Girl, Female]
779 words (2.2 pages)
- Crime analysis assignment Part one. Analysis of crime in the Stockton city for the past two years. Stockton city is faced with a number of crime incidences including, murders, rapes, robberies, assaults fulgurites, thefts, auto thefts and arson. In the last two years the incidences of thefts and burglaries have been reporting the highest rate of crime with theft recording incidences 8,748 and 8,082 consecutively and burglaries reporting 4,189 and 3,124 incidences respectively. However the rate of theft cases have been constantly reducing though not it to the desired level and burglary cases have no consistency they have kept reducing and increasing.... [tags: Crime, Criminology, Law enforcement]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Jealousy and Love in The Lady, or the Tiger. by Frank R. Stockton Women will do almost anything for love, to be loved, or to keep love. That is their mission. When women become jealous, however, the love they want to hold onto disappears, becomes selfishness, and one does not know if it is love anymore. In the short story “The Lady, or the Tiger?” written by Frank R. Stockton, a semi barbaric princess motions which door her lover, the accused man, must open to either receive punishment or a reward.... [tags: The Lady or the Tiger Love Literature Essays]
594 words (1.7 pages)
- In Someone Else's Eyes Many young people develop our concept of war through our schooling and the media. We had no knowledge of what war is first hand until the current "war on terrorism." Still the majority of us have not seen warfare up close; we have not felt the many emotions that warfare carries with it. For many individuals war brings pain and suffering, while for others it brings freedom and liberation. According to the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, war is "an actual intentional and widespread armed conflict between political communities"(Orend).... [tags: War Essays]
1766 words (5 pages)