She is the first African American woman to ever hold this title. The trials and tribulations of Valerie D. Brooks made her the strong woman she is today. As a result, The Thomas Jefferson University Hospital would like to welcome Mrs. Valerie D. Brooks to our hospital. She brings her expertise in the medical field. Valerie has worked for two top notch hospitals in the Philadelphia area, such as Temple University Hospital and The University of Pennsylvania Hospital. She was the Vice President of Administration at both hospitals. We are very fortunate to have Valerie D. Brooks join our team.
On September 29, 1962, born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Valerie was the second child of 5 children to Ronald and Dorothea Williams. Philadelphia is the home of Patti Labelle and Will Smith. She has been married for 26 years and she has two children. In particular, she loves to travel with her family to exotic islands like Hawaii, Bahamas, Aruba and St. Thomas. Valerie hobbies consist of windsurfing, horse back...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Gallery presented a set of bronze sculptures made by a French artist called Valerie Andrianoff. Val’s works of art can be perceived as a search for balance and stability as the heading of this exhibition has already suggested “The Balance of Life” (Byrs-Lasquier, n.d.). In the following, a few of her works will be selected to illustrate what kind of ideas she is trying to express and how I feel about these sculptures. Most of the human figures created by Val are small. We can rarely see their facial expression.... [tags: Valerie Andrianoff]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Arthur C. Brooks presents his opinion on an idea gaining prevalence across the United States in his published article, “My Valuable, Cheap College Degree.” This new idea is a college degree which costs the student a total of $10,000, also known as the 10K-B.A. Inspired by a challenge to educators from Bill Gates, governors in the states of Texas, Florida, Wisconsin, and a state assemblyman in California have recently made efforts to make this idea a reality. According to the National Center for Education Statistics, in 2011, the average tuition for just one year at a four-year private university was nearly $33,000.... [tags: Arthur C. Brooks, College Degree, Education]
974 words (2.8 pages)
- Amazon and Its CEO Abstract Jeffrey Bezos is the Chief Executive Officer of Amazon.com. The CEO of all companies is the top manager that a board of directors votes for to run the corporation. (Business Essentials, 2005, p. 525) I buy movies and television shows from Amazon.com all the time and download them onto my computer. For example, my favorite television show is Prison Break and sometimes I miss an episode. If this happens than I can just go to Amazon.com and purchase any episode I want as long as it has already aired.... [tags: Business Analysis Management CEO]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- Cleanth Brooks writes in his essay “The Formalist Critics” from 1951 about criticism that formalist critics encounter and tries to show these arguments from his point of view and even indicates common ground with other literary critics. Cleanth Brooks argues that we lose the intrinsically obvious points of works of literature if we view the work through the different lenses of literary theory, however we are always viewing the literary work through a subjective lens, since the author and the critic cannot subjectively separate themselves from themselves and in making these points he contradicts himself.... [tags: the formalist critics, cleanth brooks]
1507 words (4.3 pages)
- Each year Fortune magazine publishes its list of the top 500 U.S. companies ranked according to reported gross revenues. In the highly competitive world of business, the CEO's of these companies are responsible for making decisions that allow a company into this elite group and remain on the list year after year. Avon Products Inc. first appeared on the Fortune 500 list in 1955 inaugural year, ranked at number 455. Over the years, Avon has moved up and down the list of 500 managing to remain there since its first appearance as a top grossing corporation.... [tags: Avon Business CEO Management]
1451 words (4.1 pages)
- Valerie Martin’s Novel Property is an engrossing story of the wife of a slave owner and a slave, whom a mistress of the slave owner, during the late 18th century in New Orleans. Martin guides you through both, Manon Guadet and her servant Sarah’s lives, as Ms. Gaudet unhappily lives married on a plantation and Sarah unhappily lives on the plantation. Ms. Gaudet’s misserableness is derived from the misfortune of being married to a man that she despises and does not love. Sarah, the slave, is solely unhappy due to the fact that she is a slave, and has unwillingly conceived to children by Ms.... [tags: Property Valerie Martin Literature Analysis]
1288 words (3.7 pages)
- Analysis of Mary Reilly by Valerie Martin The book Mary Reilly is the sequel to the famous The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson, is a stark, ingeniously woven, engaging novel. That tells the disturbing tale of the dual personality of Dr. Jekyll, a physician. A generous and philanthropic man, his is preoccupied with the problems of good and evil and with the possibility of separating them into two distinct personalities.... [tags: Mary Reilly Valerie Martin Literature Essays]
5228 words (14.9 pages)
- Gwendolyn Brooks' "We Real Cool" The poem 'We Real Cool' by Gwendolyn Brooks is a stream of the thoughts of poor inner city African-Americans who have adopted a hoodlum lifestyle. Though many can have different interpretations of this poem, it is fair to look at the life and career or the works and influences of Gwendolyn Brooks. The life and art of the black American poet, Gwendolyn Brooks, began on June 7, 1917 when she was born in Topeka, Kansas. She was the first child of Keziah Corine Wims and David Anderson Brooks.... [tags: Gwendolyn Brooks Real Cool Poem Poet Essays]
1359 words (3.9 pages)
- Successful CEO Strategies Being a CEO is proven to be much more difficult than trying to become one. Over the last few months we have been examining the reasons behind the successes and failures of some great CEO practitioners. It seems that, despite the different managerial styles, great CEOs employ some common techniques. The following pages contain the golden rules of successful business leadership.... [tags: CEO Business Leadership Management]
968 words (2.8 pages)
- Valerie glanced around the dimly lit ballroom. Two hundred candles are lit, all having a plain wax smell. The room in empty besides a large wooden table in the middle of the large room with twelve silver chairs surrounding it. Valerie's stiff, platinum blonde hair just falls over her shoulders. She's wearing a tight, black leather dress that uncomfortably hugs her skin. Suddenly a man with untidy, slick, black hair and crimson red eyes is standing in front of her. "They haven't changed yet," he said, staring straight into her brown eyes.... [tags: Dialogue Essays]
600 words (1.7 pages)