Why would one want to switch from a point-and-shoot digital camera to a digital SLR camera? Some of the reasons are: a more accurate viewfinder, a more powerful sensor, less noise in the photos, depth-of-field control, speed, similarity to a regular SLR camera, more lens flexibility, and freedom from image editors (Rowse). Some disadvantages are: expense, size and weight, and complication of use.
What are some of the key features to think about when purchasing a digital SLR camera? Some of the features are: lenses, sensors and image processors, exposure systems, and focusing systems. There are also special features to consider for the individual photographer’s needs (Busch, Digital 61-63).
Lenses are one of the main items to consider when purchasing and using a digital SLR camera. All digital SLR cameras come with a basic general purpose (mid-range or normal) lens, but many people would rather have some specialty lenses, depending on the type of photography in which they are interested. Some of these specialty lenses are: zoom, prime, wide-angle, fish eye, telephoto, and macro. In addition, it is important to get a lens wit...
... middle of paper ...
...35-40). One should take many pictures in different ways so that the ones offering the best composition can be chosen later.
If the above suggestions are followed, quality photographs should be the result. However, the photographer may want to enhance the photos by using photo-editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, Corel Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Picasa, Picnik, GIMP, or Adobe Photoshop Express. The last four programs are downloadable and free (“Photo Editing Software”).
In conclusion, a former point-and-shoot photographer can make the transition to a digital SLR camera and take professional quality pictures by learning about and experimenting with the camera’s complex features and operations. The first step is to purchase a digital SLR camera that suits the photographer’s needs. Then, one should start taking pictures - lots of them!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As I am a user of many of the popular social networking sites and am on them almost every day, I see that camera’s and photography are a very important part of everyone’s lives. I can go to almost anyone’s profile and see that they have a picture of themselves and usually at least another hundred pictures for their friends to look at so that they can see what is going on in their lives. Whenever I go to a professional sports game or am even just walking down the street, it is hard to go somewhere where nobody has a camera with them ready to capture a moment to share with others.... [tags: photography]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- Picture Perfect Pictures help revisit memories. Today, these images are retaken until the picture looks just right. This type of camera is called a digital camera, a device that records a picture in an image sensor to process the photo. This mechanism displays the pictures on the camera screen, and all the pictures are saved on a memory card. If desired, unwanted pictures are deleted off the camera. Many different models, in all sizes and prices, are available for all photographers. A digital camera, although complex to some, is a great investment in a world with constant change in technology.... [tags: Technology, Digital Camera]
1479 words (4.2 pages)
- It's strange, after being such an enthusiastic early adopter of digital cameras, I've found myself returning the the very first film camera I ever used. It was long before digital had caught on that I was lucky enough to own one of the first consumer grade digital cameras available. Although, it was a little out of date when it was given to me by a relative, I couldn't afford a digital camera at the time new or old. Not a lot of people bought them at the time, even if they could. I remember someone stopping me, asking "where's the viewfinder?" They were thinking it was some kind of dangerous device until I showed them pictures via the LCD screen.... [tags: Photography]
1058 words (3 pages)
- Choosing A Perfect Wedding Photographer Introduction Photography is about taking the best quality pictures which incorporate setting the state of mind and lighting utilizing props and embellishments. Get these from a quality source at a value you can deal with. A picture taker why should attempt to become famous as one of a kind and surprisingly will utilize an assortment of €tricks ' and routines to fulfill a look that is changed and verging on unfathomable. This requires the utilization of an uncommon green screen foundation that is uniquely created to have an alternate picture or activity laid over it so that the people give off an impression of being in positions that they were never i... [tags: Photography, Camera]
1426 words (4.1 pages)
- Camera History.The first camera like devices can be seen as far back as Ancient Greece and China. This piece of early technology was called the Obscura, the invention of this was an important part in developing cameras and photography. A camera Obscura is a dark closed space that is shaped like a box with a hole on the other side of it. The light that comes through the tiny hole projects an image that meets the wall of the box. The image was then drawn by an artist; however, the image was projected upside down.... [tags: Camera, Digital single-lens reflex camera]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Term of reference Back ground People always want to keep the prefect moments in their lives. So they invented cameras that the earliest invention which can help people to do that. Nowadays cameras have become a part of people¡¯s lives. Most of families own at least one camera. Wherever there is a party, a picnic, a wedding or something else, we use a camera to save the memories. With the development of technology, there is a new kind of camera which becomes a fashion all over the word. It named digital camera which is short for DC.... [tags: Product Market Digital Camera]
1980 words (5.7 pages)
- Extraordinary News from the Digital Eyes of Ordinary People We live in a digital world full of social media and instant gratification, which is why a citizen journalist is so critical. A citizen journalist is defined as “The collection, dissemination, and analysis of news by the general public, especially by means of the internet” (Oxford Dictionaries). Everyone wants to be up-to-date with significant events happening, and we rely on the media to provide that for us. For years, the media have relied on eyewitnesses verbal accounts of events happening; the only difference now is most everyone has a cell phone with a camera.... [tags: Mass media, Journalism, Digital camera, Camera]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- Being able to capture a moment forever is a beautiful gift. The ability to freeze great moments in the form of photographs using such a tool gives us power. With that being said, cameras definitely play an important role in our daily life. In today’s generation, we usually use our camera phone to take pictures. It’s the fastest way to take a picture and the easiest, but it wasn’t always like that. When cameras were first invented there was a lot more to it and cameras didn’t have the same advanced technology we have today.... [tags: Camera, Single-lens reflex camera]
1782 words (5.1 pages)
- Aspects of a Digital Camera If you're thinking of buying a digital camera then you need to look at its size, the quality of the pictures you'll get, the number of pics it can store and how fast you can copy them to your PC, its battery life and - of course - the cost. This is a long list, but you need to be sure that you're buying a camera that will do all the things you want. You wouldn't want to buy the first camera you saw only to find there are cheaper models around that do everything you want.... [tags: Papers]
775 words (2.2 pages)
- Digital Camera Digital camera is a very important tool nowadays. People would always want to save their memories in the shape of pictures that will last forever. People were amazed when the first ever camera introduced back in hundreds of years ago. At that time camera consisted of large and impractical components and it was very hard to use. In fact, it even took quite some time to develop the pictures on the paper. But now there are some products of digital camera that are very easy to use and with its pocket-sized feature, one can carry it everywhere.... [tags: Technology Photos Photography Cameras Essays]
1098 words (3.1 pages)