Recently, one of my customers visited the store and couldn’t hide his excitement on his recent vacation in Dubai and how he had discovered a “cheap source” for the popular Polo by Ralph Lauren polos, t-shirts and shirts. He also mentioned that he had also made arrangements for periodic deliveries to Abuja from this Dubai based retailer. I was silent for a while. The thought of losing a customer to another retailer hurts, but of course that’s a part of business I have learned to consistently deliver great and unequalled service and quality and perhaps to come to terms with it if does happen. However, I was prompted to let out a loud “wow” after he mentioned a certain ridiculous price at which he bought them. Well, my customer’s excitement was only short-lived. He called in yesterday with the bad news.
The t-shirts and polos lost their colors at first wash, stitches were pulling apart and contrast colors staining main colors.
This prompted me to do this post.
The collar-neck t-shirt with the signature pony from Ralph Lauren is arguably the most popular polo in the world and the absence of an open wholesale channel to source for the authentic merchandise, has created a multi-billion dollar profitable parallel market for fakes and knock-offs that thrives with impunity especially in the developing countries.
Unfortunately, the poor quality fakes are been sold for the price of the authentic ones and unsuspecting lovers of the brand have continued to fall victims.
The following steps would help you spot a fake polo by Ralph Lauren round-neck or collar-neck t-shirt.
STEP 1 – BRAND LABELS
... middle of paper ...
...EXCEPT FOR MEGA RETAILERS LIKE MACY’S, DILLARDS etc.
NO FACTORY OWNER WOULD RISK HIS CONTRACT WITH RALPH LAUREN TO SELL PART OF STOCKS TO A SMALL RETAILER IN NIGERIA
You get polos, genuine ones during sales and close-outs by these major retailers.
A retailer who claims to buy polo shirts from the factory where they are made, or has a wholesale link to RALPH LAUREN is selling fakes.
The makers of the fakes are pretty good and at first glance it all looks legit. But if you have real RL Polo's the differences are very obvious upon comparing the real and the fake. We are aware there are so many frauds out there trying to take money from innocent polo lovers, and thought it was necessary to come up with this guide
Our final advice, buy your Ralph products from a genuine retailer. We are stockists of genuine Polo By Ralph Lauren products in Abuja, Nigeria.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- One of the most successful clothing brands in the world, Polo Ralph Lauren has built its success around more than just its line of luxurious designer clothes, but the company is one of the top marketing designers also. It was awarded “ Luxury Brand of the Year” in 2010 by the Luxury Daily. A company that was founded by a man named Ralph Lifchitz, better known as Ralph Lauren of the Bronx, New York in 1968. Since the age of 12, Lauren’s had a strong appeal and taste for looking classy. He would spend the money he earned working with his father after school, purchasing expensive suites.... [tags: Marketing ]
1947 words (5.6 pages)
- Polo Ralph Lauren the brand has become one of successful brand in America and across the world, as a well-known player in the design and lifestyle industry, under bender Polo Ralph Lauren collection of product range from reasonably inexpensive to expensive brand in men’s, women’s and children wear, accessories, perfumes and home furnishings. Widely seen as the number one brand that symbolize the American Style, Polo Ralph Lauren has implemented to its marketing strategy, which has leaded they to become a strong brand equity since being set up.... [tags: four steps of Keller's CBBE model ]
1559 words (4.5 pages)
- I- Brand foundation: Brand Architecture: Ralph Lauren is an American fashion designer philanthropist, and business executive, best known for the Ralph Lauren Corporation clothing company, Ralph was born as Ralph Lifshitz in year 1939 in New York City. Ralph Lauren started in 1967 under the name of Polo Ralph Lauren, until he expended his designs. Polo Ralph Lauren based on American style leader in luxurious, sophisticated fashion and Striking a balance between “timeless” and “modern” style and to make his full line more impeccably crafted the new sportswear is born.... [tags: Brand, Logo, Brand management, Branding]
1314 words (3.8 pages)
- Ralph Lauren is American's leading designer in the classic tradition, who has stayed true to his own point of view, despite the seasonal vagaries of fashion. Mr. Lauren has always believed that fashion is function of lifestyle. He believes that clothed should be natural, comfortable and elegant, for the way people live today. His clothes have timeless grace and become more personal and special age. For Mr. Lauren, the starting point is always his concern for quality and attention to detail, while the creative drama comes from his own romantic sense of elegance and reverence for authencity.... [tags: essays research papers]
2552 words (7.3 pages)
- Ralph Lauren (RL), the world’s premier luxury lifestyle brand, is considerably lagging its industry peers of late. In the last 12 months, the stock has declined approximated 4.2% whereas most of its peers have managed high double-digit returns. However, considering its growth strategies, recent earnings-beat, bullish future outlook and general industry trends, Ralph Lauren has all the qualities a good investment should possess. Solid Q3 earnings and improved guidance Driven by a strong top-line performance along with leveraged selling, general and administrative (SG&A), Ralph Lauren earnings per diluted share surged 11% to $2.57 in the fiscal-third quarter.... [tags: investment, revenue, luxury]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Marco Polo began his travels in 1271 with his father and uncle from Venice on a journey east. What was it that made Polo such a known and remembered traveler. Was it because he worked alongside Kublai Klan for 17 years, or because the stories that he brought back after his years of travel. He traveled for 24 years throughout Asia, beginning alongside his father and sometimes traveling alone. Polo had a tough early childhood but the rest of his travels made up for his loss of his mother at an early age.... [tags: Mongol Empire, Marco Polo, Genghis Khan]
1417 words (4 pages)
- Less dressy than a button-up, but more formal than a graphic tee, polo shirts are possibly the most versatile clothing option for women. Because of the high demand, many different retailers produce polo shirts. A retailer’s aspiration is to create a polo with appealing characteristics to make their polo shirt look better than their competition’s. Creating an appealing, simple color scheme, as well as a colorful tag containing all the great features their polo has makes a good impression on their target audience.... [tags: graphic tees, polo shirts, clothing brand]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- One of the world’s greatest explorers was Marco Polo. Known for his travels to China, the book he wrote about his expeditions, The Travels of Marco Polo, and his sharing of Asian spices, marked him as a great influence in the 13th century and beyond. Italy was not tranquil in the 13th century. Famine spread across Europe because of poor harvests. Crops failed because of seasonal floods. In the winter of 1315-1316, the peasants ate the seeds before they could sell them because they were so hungry.... [tags: marco polo, crop failure, 13th century]
1471 words (4.2 pages)
- Job/Team: I play for the Marist College water polo team. I practice five days a week, for about four hours a day (6:45 am to 11:00 am). We are a spring sport and dedicate the entire fall semester to getting ready for spring season. We even cut our winter break down two weeks shorter to get in extra practice. Winter break practice is a lot harder because there are no rules and regulations on the amount of time we are allowed to practice. If the coaches so please, they can keep us in the water the entire time without a break.... [tags: Game, Play, Goalkeeper, Water polo]
2250 words (6.4 pages)
- Human history is filled with the names of bold explorers who ventured into the great unknown, only to come out basked in glory as some of the great heroes of their day. Among the grandest are Marco Polo, who provided little known information about the Far East to Europeans, and Hernan Cortes, the great Spanish conquistador who is given credit for the defeat of the Mexica Empire. These two famous explorers are also ideal case studies to analyze the influence of expectations, interests, and of reality on the accounts of the places and people that these men encountered during their voyages.... [tags: Hernan Cortes, Marco Polo]
2074 words (5.9 pages)