First you will need to acquire seven items. You will need Shisha flavored tobacco, a shisha pipe, water, coals, foil, needle/pin, and a lighter. You can find all of these items at your local smoke shop besides the water. Since I live in Berks county mu smoke shop of choice is Smokey’s Tobacco shop located at the Berkshire mall in Wyomissing, Pa. For the water you can use bottled water or tap water. Pipes vary in color and size. Prices usually range from thirty dollars to a thousand dollars. It’s up to the customer to spend the money on the one that suits them. After you purchase a pipe you will need to purchase shisha. Shisha flavors vary from apple and Schnozberries, to Swag berry and Winter Fresh. You can mix flavors if you would like or use a single flavor. When purchasing coals, you may choose from several kinds of coals. The kind of coals you get depend on the kind of pipe you purchase. The foil you need can be simple aluminum foil you keep in your kitchen or yo...
... middle of paper ...
...ck up a coal from the pack set it on the foil and light it with a lighter. If the coal is a quick light, you only need to put the flame on the coal for about five seconds. If it is not a quick light, you must light the coal until the coal has a glowing red look to it. If you are using a quick light coal be sure to wait until the coal has stopped “sizzling” before you inhale and smoke. If not the only thing you will taste is the coal. Once the “sizzling” has ended you can take the hose and inhale the smoke. If you have set it up correctly you will hear the water in the base make a bubbling sound. If you do not hear the bubbling sound you could have packed the shisha too tight. This will cause you to lose flavor in your tobacco and you will not have thick enough smoke. Also, too much or too little of liquid in the base may cause the bubbling sound to not occur.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Social phenomenon’s have existed since the start of mankind. What was known then as cultural norms has now become the modern day term, social phenomenon. By definition, “in sociology, such knowledge and experiences are referred to as social phenomena, which are the individual, external, social constructions that influence our lives and development, and are constantly evolving as we age” (Study.com). In my opinion, anything can be a social phenomenon as long as people are partaking in it. The social phenomenon I would like to discuss would be Hookah Smoking.... [tags: Smoking, Tobacco, Hookah, Tobacco smoking]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- Hookah smoking has become a popular new way to relieve stress. In a recent study by Dr. Brian Primack , Primack published in the June issue of the journal Nicotine and Tobacco Research, finds that 1 in 3 current college students has smoked hookah at some point; more than 50% of those students were not cigarette smokers. Hookah is basically flavored tobacco. Popular forms of hookah tobacco these days include a mix of vanilla, apple, mint, lemon, watermelon and my personal favorite fruity pebbles with ice tip.... [tags: Hookah, Tobacco, Nicotine, Tobacco smoking]
708 words (2 pages)
- ... This rate was slightly higher among boys (20%) than girls (17%). Other small-scale studies on young adults indicate that hookah smoking is more prevalent among university students in the United States, with past-year use ranging from 22% to 40%”. So to say that hookah has become a bit more popular would be a bit of an understatement. Most people also like hookah more just due to the fact that it doesn’t leave the same smell on your breath that cigarettes do, which most people can find to be off-putting.... [tags: tobacco, smoking]
572 words (1.6 pages)
- Tobacco smoke is enormously harmful to your health. There’s no safe way to smoke. Replacing your cigarette with a cigar, pipe, or hookah won’t help you avoid the health risks associated with tobacco products. Cigarettes contain about 600 ingredients. When they burn, they generate more than 7,000 chemicals, according to the American Lung Association. Many of those chemicals are poisonous and at least 69 of them can cause cancer. Many of the same ingredients are found in cigars and in tobacco used in pipes and hookahs.... [tags: Smoking, Tobacco, Nicotine, Tobacco smoking]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- Tobacco smoking is the primary cause of preventable illness and premature death globally. Hookah smoking is one type of tobacco use, which gains popularity in recent years. Hookah smoking is a general term given to an apparatus where tobacco is inhaled after passing through water. Hookah was invented in India in the 15th century as a safe alternative cigarette smoking because they believed that smoke gets filtered by the water. Nowadays hookah spreads globally and a with wide variety of names such as waterpipe, shisha, (n)arghile, goza, and hubble-bubble to mention but a few.... [tags: Hookah, Tobacco, Nicotine, Smoking]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- Coming from a family of smokers, I have been around my share of nicotine products. As a young kid seeing my father and other relatives smoking cigarettes, I was unable to make the connection that they are very detrimental to my health. Against almost all of my elders warnings and pleads, I managed to find myself addicted to nicotine. I began smoking cigarettes off and on in high school along with a majority of my friends. This made it even harder to try and stop considering I was surrounded by people who were all willing to give me one.... [tags: Smoking, Cigarette, Tobacco, Hookah]
948 words (2.7 pages)
Public Health ( Lph ) Commends The Ontario Government For Continued Efforts Towards The Smoke Free Ontario Act (
- Lambton Public Health (LPH) commends the Ontario government for continued efforts towards the Smoke-Free Ontario Act (SFOA) and Electronic Cigarettes Act (ECA). The following are comments from LPH regarding changes to proposed regulations under the SFOA and ECA. Expand no smoking rules to apply to medical marijuana LPH encourages amendments of the SFOA to establish that the "no smoking" rules apply to medical marijuana. Expanding the "no smoking" rules to medical marijuana allows Enforcement Officers to have a consistent enforcement approach under the SFOA for those smoking tobacco or medical marijuana in prohibited places.... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Smoking, Smoking ban]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Hookah Lounge Analysis Name: Institution: Company Background Arabian Nights Hookah Lounge is based in Amsterdam, Holland. The Hookah Lounges has their origin in India, Middle East. It has since spread to the Egypt, Turkey, Canada, Holland, USA and hence the whole world. It’s the tradition of most of the South Asian countries to use these hookahs and they usually take it to advance their culture. The hookah lounges are also known as shisha bars in Great Britain and Canada. Worldwide, most of the hookahs are owned or rather operated by people of the Asian origin with most still offering the Middle Eastern cuisine menu products.... [tags: hookah, Amsterdam, Holland, Middle East, cuisine]
1582 words (4.5 pages)
- In todays society, smoking is a trend where people of all ages are doing. People smoke anything from cigarettes to hookahs. Hookahs are generally becoming popular throughout the generation. The hookahs are mainly used in bars, cafes, and in peoples own home. People do hookahs to have a great time with friends without knowing the consequences that they produce. If people are aware of the consequences of smoking anything from hookah to cigarettes may be used with the acknowledge of the effects. Many people are not aware of the consequences that hookahs have.... [tags: tobacco addiction and smoking]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- The Meaning of Smoke Sometimes people feel that things are better left unsaid. Such is the case in Chris Avellone's, smoke, which tells the story of two friends who have a good relationship until one speaks the truth that both had been hiding. The smoke in the essay can be looked at as a veil that is concealing the true feelings of the two characters. The setting, which is in a smoke filled bar, can be looked at as a secret hide away that the two friends go to. It is when Kyle starts to bring what is really going on that the conflict starts.... [tags: Smoke Essays]
811 words (2.3 pages)