Conflict is known to be some means of disagreement or clash of opinion among persons and to put this conflict to an end conflict resolution methods and techniques are used. This report focuses on the inter-personal level conflicts that takes places in the organisation their causes, role of predicting the conflicting behaviours and assessing of precedent situation of conflicts. This report also discusses the strategies and methods used or involved to put inter-personal conflicts and what role does the project manager play in conflict resolution.
Conflict is known to be some means of disagreement, or some kind of disharmony rising within a group or between persons when the beliefs or actions of any one party is offensive to another party. “Conflict can take place between two individuals, in small groups and work teams, or between two or more groups” (Al-Hamdan, Shukri, and Anthony 2011)which may include violence or some kind of mental pressure on either parties involved in conflicts. Usually conflicts start with some kind of disagreement and gradually gets intense and leads way to conflict resolution.
In simple terms conflict resolution means solution to end a conflict by means of sorting the disagreements and disbeliefs between the indulging parties. In recent times conflict resolution has become a part of corporate world where conflict resolution is considered as methods and process which are involved in aiding the peaceful ending of conflict with in organisations. These conflicts revolves between the group members and often dedicated member of the group try to solve the conflicts by keenly communicating information about the reasons or ideologies behind the confli...
... middle of paper ...
...ve way to Solve Conflicts in the International Business Environment." Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences no. 62 (0):290-293. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2012.09.047.
Velasquez, Juan D., Marco A. Lara, and Shimon Y. Nof. 2008. "Systematic resolution of conflict situations in collaborative facility design." International Journal of Production Economics no. 116 (1):139-153. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2008.08.014.
Wall, James A., and Timothy C. Dunne. 2012. "Mediation Research: A Current Review." Negotiation Journal no. 28 (2):217-244. doi: 10.1111/j.1571-9979.2012.00336.x.
Zhang, Xihui, Thomas F. Stafford, Jasbir S. Dhaliwal, Mark L. Gillenson, and Gertrude Moeller. 2014. "Sources of conflict between developers and testers in software development." Information & Management no. 51 (1):13-26. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2013.09.006.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A recent movement emerging throughout many businesses today is the development of workplaces that are more collaborative and less confrontational. Companies and workers alike are gradually recognizing the problems each other face when they treat each other as adversaries, instead of partners, when producing goods or services. Progressive firms are revisiting management and production methods that stress informed participation, expanded responsibility, and decentralized authority. To achieve these objectives, organizations are discovering that mediation is the best method to resolve workplace disputes.... [tags: collaborative as opposed to confronational]
1631 words (4.7 pages)
- Motivation and Conflict Management Organizations strive for creative ways to enhance employee motivation and resolve conflicts with the desire to have employees perform better within the workplace. To motivate one has to be motivated. Motivation within the workplace has to be constant and requiring a goal. Motivation, if not repeated will not last. Therefore, learning to determine how different organizations apply motivation theories to motivate employees, analyzing conflict management strategies and what approaches work best in different organizations will influence the success of an organization.... [tags: Workplace]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- Cross-cultural conflict can arise at any time in the workplace and sometimes we are not aware it has even developed until it has become a major issue with another worker or client. Sometimes issues can be resolved simply by talking to each other but at other times mediation needs to be used to come to a reasonable truce and understanding. Even if we speak the same language and follow the same religion there can be conflict because we are all individuals with different thoughts and ideas. There are many issues that may contribute to cross-cultural conflict.... [tags: mediation, religion, communication]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- ... I am currently a stay-at-home mom and a student on the job hunt and what I have noticed is that there just are not a lot of opportunities for working mothers who are not willing to give up putting a meal on the table every night for their kids. Hourly employers love flexibility, but when they say flexibility they mean that they want their employee to be available anytime. I read must be available for days, nights, weekends, and holidays on over half of the job descriptions I looked at. A glimmer of hope is that some companies that employ a lot of hourly employees are starting to see the benefits of giving more flexibility to their employees.... [tags: part time work, hourly rates]
783 words (2.2 pages)
- Organisations today face many challenges and threats in the rapidly changing and highly competitive global environment , one of these challenges is organisational conflict. Conflict is an inevitable and normal phenomenon between individuals and groups in each organization (OJO and ABOLADE,no date). There is growing recognition of the importance of conflict in the organization (Garcia-Prieto, Bellard, and Schneider, 2003) . According to Hocker and Wilmot in 1995,quoted by Henry(2008),said that not all conflicts can be easily regarded as good or bad.... [tags: Management, Conflict, Dispute resolution]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- Workplace Violence July 21, 2006 was a day just like any other. Elartrice “Marcell” Ingram reported to work at 8:00 a.m. as usual. His associate in the seafood department reported everything was fine with no evidence of trouble, but by the end of the day Elartrice had stabbed seven coworkers at the Cordova Schnucks in Memphis, TN. He was found guilty by reason of insanity and a little over a year later his doctors testify that he is ready to be released with family supervision. His victims still have concern that it has not been long enough and that he may snap again.... [tags: Workplace Violence Harassment ]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Factor Describe any explain how this factor can potentially have a positive influence on workplace relationships Describe any explain how this factor can potentially have a negative influence on workplace relationships 1. Leadership Leadership is very helpful for all the team because it helps in achieving the goal. On the other hand, leadership sometime breaks some relationship because bossy attitude of the leader affects the relationships. 2. Quality of work Quality of work helps to motivate all the staff and it increase some cooperation in the team.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Question]
797 words (2.3 pages)
- Abstract Conflict resolution is the process of solving a dispute by meeting at least some of each party’s needs and addressing their concerns. Sometimes it requires both a power-based and an interest-based approach, such as the simultaneous pursuit of litigation and negotiation. This paper focuses on conflict resolution and how it works for almost any disagreement. Throughout our lives, we are offered plenty of opportunities for negotiation, whether it’s between parents and children, co-workers, or friends.... [tags: Workplace conflict, Dispute resolution, Mediation]
1109 words (3.2 pages)
- Book Review of Hot Buttons: How to Resolve Conflict and Cool Everyone Down Title: Hot Buttons: How To Resolve Conflict And Cool Everyone Down Publisher: Cliff Street Books Place of Publication: New York Year of Publication: 2000 Number of Pages: 336 Price of the Book: Price ranges from $ .46 to $23 depending if the book is new, used, hard cover, paperback, or collectible. The book "Hot Buttons: How To Resolve Conflict And Cool Everyone Down" talks about conflict management.... [tags: Book Review Report]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- Team Conflicts Teams are normally made up of a diverse group of individuals; each member acquiring different qualifications and expertise. Team dynamics are the influences that control a team between different people or groups. Team dynamics can strongly manipulate how a team, performs, behaves or reacts, and the effects of the team are often very malefactor. Therefore, it is imperative for teams to value the dynamics of conflict and to control its normal flow. In our society, everyone will be faced with conflict at some point or another.... [tags: Conflict Management]
1711 words (4.9 pages)