Tablet computers have become all the rage. They are small mobile computers that can be taken anywhere. Tablets are equipped with cameras and touchscreen keyboards eliminating the need to bring your camera, video recorder, or mouse. Tablets are larger than smart phones and PDA’s (personal digital assistants), measuring about 7 inches diagonally (Wikipedia). This makes it easier to read novels or newspapers, play games, check weather, and view movies or video.
A new study from the Online Publishers Association (OPA) concluded that tablet sales are “exploding.” The results show that 31 percent of Internet users now own a tablet compared to 12 percent in 2011. The projected results for next year are estimated at 47 percent (Moscaritolo). The survey also found that more consumers are buying Android tablets. Currently, 52 percent of tablet owners have an iPad, and 51 percent use an Android tablet. (The percentages don’t add up since some consumers have more than one type of tablet).
The market today is flooded with endless tablet choices for purchase: The Apple iPad Air (Figure 1) has many impressive features including Wi-Fi, 9.7 inch Retina Display, Apple iOS 7, 16 GB of memory, and an A7 chip with M7 motion coprocessor. Prices start at $500 on up depending on which features you choose.
Figure 1 Apple iPad Air (Target)
Another popular tablet is the Kindle Fire HDX 7” (Figure 2) with features of 7 inch HDX Display, Wi-Fi, optional 4G LTE Wireless capacity, and 16 GB, 32 GB, or 64 GB. Prices start at $200.
Figure 2 Kindle Fire HDX (Gotta Be MOBILE)
The Nook HD 8GB (Figure 3) is still available but losing popularity. The Nook features include a 7 inch touchscreen, 1.3 GHz processor, 8 GB...
... middle of paper ...
...ablet: What's the Difference. 9 April 2011.Web. 14 Nov. 2013
Gotta Be MOBILE. 2013.Web. 14 Nov. 2013
Moscaritolo, Angela. Survey: 31 Percent of Internet Users Own Tablets. 18 June 2012.Web. 14 Nov. 2013
na. Investopedia. 17 Nov. 2011.Web. 14 Nov. 2013
Schmidt, C. You want to buy a tablet but have no idea which one is best? 2011.Web. 14 Nov. 2013
Target. 2013.Web. 14 Nov. 2013
Wikipedia. 2013.Web. 14 Nov. 2013
Wolverton, Troy. The Seattle Times. 25 Nov. 2011.Web. 14 Nov. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In today’s advanced world that we live in, we could hardly see ourselves not getting in touch with mobile devices. It first started with a cup of coffee and we will spontaneously slip our phones or tablets out for online free newspaper in the morning, checking the traffic before our journey, sending e-mails to clients, having conference calls and many other features. Tablet, the all in one device that we hold everywhere we go. The purpose of this paper is to observe the popularity of tablet brand between Apple Ipad and Samsung Note.... [tags: Apple Tablet, Samsung Tablet]
1850 words (5.3 pages)
- Buying a Tablet There are many things to consider when buying a tablet. One may be overwhelmed when they walk into a store and see multiple options of tablets, including but not limited to; multiple brands, sizes, features, colors, and even price. It’s most important to cover the top three brands of tablets, which happen to be the iPad, Kindle, and Nook. Before buying a tablet, it is important to decide what it is you would use your tablet most for. Would it be reading. Games. Apps. Or would it be everyday use in replacement of a computer or laptop.... [tags: ipad, books, limitations]
592 words (1.7 pages)
- My Journey to the Tablet I attended a field trip to the blockhouse at Luke AFB, Arizona. I was introduced to the SAGE Computer. I was immediately entranced by this complex piece of machinery made up of numerous parts and spanning several rooms. I couldn’t grasp exactly how this computer ran off vacuum tubes and relays. I recognized that the electronic computer would be the defining technology of my generation. I decided to learn more and be immersed in this world. I was a female in the 1980’s so we were discouraged from science, math and engineering.... [tags: technology, computer, entertainment]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- Are you in the market for a new tablet. Look no further than the iPad Air 2. The iPad Air 2 comes with all the features you could possibly want. It contains dependable software, it’s easy to use, has an amazing battery life, and comes in a compact size. The iPad Air 2, although expensive, is the best tablet on the market as of now. Apple software is known as some of the most reliable software you can have. All apps in the App store are checked for viruses before being available for use. The web browser used by Apple products is also protective against viruses.... [tags: IPhone, Apple Inc., App Store, Laptop]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- 6.4 The application of artwork in tablet computing The IPad art is created using the Brushes application which is drawn with the finger or a special pen. After that, IPad also released SketchBook Pro application,this application become top ranking artists’ application bar none. Autodesk reports that 10000 download in the first five days. The SketchBook Pro application has more brushes and tool options, and new “big screen” features or easy tool selection, drawing and editing. This application is draw with finger-controlled brushes or uses the optional Pogo stylus.... [tags: Technology, Art]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- Purchasing a Laptop Today’s world is full of technology, new things are created every day to make life easier and to keep people entertained. For the companies that create this technology it is a constant battle to stay on top of the newest trends of today’s people. With the growing popularity of Facebook, Myspace and Twitter even more people are looking for technology to help them access these things. The days of the “Old School” monitors and towers are all but forgotten. Monitors these days measure roughly one inch in width, far smaller than the once popular (now referred to as) dinosaur monitors.... [tags: battery life, tablets, innovation]
864 words (2.5 pages)
- Business-to-business markets have a limited number of buyers, which creates a large purchase volume (Clow & Lascu, 2012). Most manufacturers sell directly to the retail stores because it makes the products cheaper and no one in between needs to earn a profit. It then provides consumers with a lower cost which in turn gives the retailer and manufacturer more profits. This is a direct channel of distribution because it does not have to go through any intermediaries before arriving to a retailer (Clow & Lascu, 2012).... [tags: produce goods, large purchase volume]
1296 words (3.7 pages)
- One of the hugest land deals in history was the Louisiana Purchase. This land deal was a glorious accomplishment of Thomas Jefferson’s presidency, but also posed several significant moral dilemmas for President Thomas Jefferson. There were as many disadvantages to the Louisiana Purchase for President Jefferson as there were advantages, but first lets talk about events leading to the purchase. When Thomas Jefferson become president on 1801, one of his top goals was to take possession of the port of New Orleans.... [tags: United States, Louisiana Purchase]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- The Louisiana Purchase (1803) On December 20, 1803, the Louisiana Purchase was finalized, which resulted in the transfer of power over the territory from France to the United States. The Louisiana Purchase (1803) served as the catalyst for Westward Expansion in American society. Furthermore, it was an examination of conscience for President Thomas Jefferson, as he grappled with the constitutionality of an acquisition of this magnitude. In addition to this, the Louisiana Purchase (1803) transformed America into the industrial and agricultural giant it has become.... [tags: United States, Louisiana Purchase]
1522 words (4.3 pages)
- The Louisiana Purchase was done in the year 1803. In this purchase the United States of America paid fifteen million dollars to get all the land west of the Mississippi River and east of the Rocky Mountains. This transaction was done between Thomas Jefferson and the great Napoleon. The benefits that the United States of America experienced from this purchase were numerous. For one, it gave the U.S. complete control of the Mississippi, which in tern helped many farmers with transporting goods.... [tags: Louisiana Purchase]
955 words (2.7 pages)