The project illustrated here is related to our day to day life where we have to purchase things and we have constraints with us i.e. with in given constraints of money we have to manage our budget efficiently.
The project includes of a buyer , who has to invest his money for purchasing items. Every item is associated with a price and also has a margin. The margin indicates the profit which the buyer gets when he sells that item.
This is quite similar to knapsack problem where we have weight of knapsack and items with weights and their associated profit value. By relating this application with knapsack, here weight of bag is considered as total money that the buyer has and the items weights related to item price and the value in knapsack is related to the profit margin .
The knapsack problem is NP problem which means that it can’t be solved in polynomial amount of time , so the project uses Genetic Algorithm to implement this.
There are some real life examples where we can implement this application for e.g.
• In a stationary shop we have many stationary items like pen, pencils, notebooks and many others. So how a shopkeeper should decide to keep items in the shop which will give him maximum profit when he have limited money to purchase things.
• In canteen or any other food place there are many items like burgers, sandwiches, cold drinks and so on , so how one select items with in limited budget can be done with this application.
For future work with the help of self learning techniques we will make the application better. Learning will give some better results and most appropriate solutions.
2. LITRATURE SURVEY
2.1 0/1 KNAPSACK PROBLEM
The 0/1 knapsack problem is a problem in combi...
... middle of paper ...
...e local optima .A few researchers used diversity measure to control the search direction of evolutionary algorithms.
By means of mixing adaptive crossover and mutation with diversity-guided mutation and modifying adaptive crossover strategies ,an adaptive genetic algorithm with diversity-guided mutation(MHAGA)was developed.It is proved that AGADM will converge to the global optimum ,but(AGA)do not always do so . AGADM to solve 0-1 knapsack problem, and use the greedy transform algorithm to repair infeasible solution and the problem of insufficient backpack resource utilization. therefore, AGADM based on greedy algorithm(named Modified Hybrid Adaptive Genetic Algorithm, MHAGA).
2.3.5 MODIFIED ADAPTIVE OPERATORS
Crossover and mutation are the key which affects behavior and performance of GA. Adaptive crossover and mutation probabilities of individuals (denoted
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Florida is a wonderful state that is located in a peninsula between the Straits of Florida, Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico covering on the three sides. Fascinating environments of the state have been richly multiplied with exotic plants and fantastic animals. The culture differs in this flat land of Florida and at present times Florida comprises of more than 1000 public and private airports that welcomes tourists and travelers from around the globe extensively. The coastline of the Florida state has reduced in size from its original because of the increasing sea levels.... [tags: tourist, companies, manage]
525 words (1.5 pages)
- 1. Describe the company that you currently work for, have previously worked for, or would like to work for in the future. Determine at least two (2) compelling reasons that this company should prepare and manage a budget. Predict the two (2) most likely positive and negative financial outcomes for this company if it properly or improperly performs effective budgeting. Profitability review. It is easy to lose sight of where a company is making most of its money, during the scramble of day-to-day management.... [tags: Budget, Management, Budgets]
1310 words (3.7 pages)
- Libraries are essential to a community especially in difficult times. Due to rising costs and job losses, patrons may have had to cut their own expenses such as buying books or cancelling their internet service. In order to continue to have access to these materials, patrons turn to their libraries. However, libraries are often the first to get cut in budget reforms. A library can survive a budget crisis by making cuts, fundraising, developing trust, and media exposure. The two types of cuts a library can make is a visible or an invisible one.... [tags: Budget]
1228 words (3.5 pages)
- SALE BUDGET The operating budget is one of the two parts of the master budget. The purpose of the operating budget is to describe the income-generating activities of the firm such as sales, production, and finished goods inventory. The ultimate conclusion of the operating budget is the pro forma income statement and the operating profit margin. The operating profit margin is not the same as net profit, which you cannot calculate until you prepare the financial budget. The operating budget is prepared before the financial budget since many of the financing activities aren 't known until the operating budget is prepared.... [tags: Marketing, Sales, Budget, Budgets]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- The City of Alexandria is recognized as one of the best places to live and do business on the east coast. In 2004, the Alexandria City Council adopted a Strategic Plan for 2004 thru 2015 with the vision of maintaining the city’s vibrant, diverse, historic, and unique neighborhoods. Their mission is to maintain financial stability, provide excellent services that are valued by the customers, and engage the entire community as it plans for the future (City of Alexandria, 2010). In fiscal year 2009, the City of Alexandria received the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for its annual budget.... [tags: Local Government Budget]
2368 words (6.8 pages)
- As the old adage goes, failing to plan is planning to fail. In today’s business world, companies do not have the luxury of not planning or even waiting to plan. In order for companies to remain viable, they must keep a pulse on the their finances. Many companies are able to accomplish this by creating a master budget. The master budget is the aggregation of all lower-level budgets produced by a company 's various functional areas, and also includes budgeted financial statements, cash forecast, and a financing plan (Bragg, n.d).... [tags: Budget, Budgets, Balance sheet]
2175 words (6.2 pages)
- A budget Is a fundamental discipline for any organisation. The word Budget comes from an old English word `Bougett’ which means a pouch or sack. In fact, it was a leather bag from which the British Chancellor of Exchequer (in charge of finance) took out his papers, which contained government financial programme for the coming year to present in the Parliament. The budget has historically played the centre stage in most of the organisations, systems of management control. Any organisations strategies are incomplete without the budget which gives the forecast to the financial undertaking that the organisation should follow for their success.... [tags: Management, Budget, Budgets]
1411 words (4 pages)
- Pre-amble Custometal Pty Ltd has been trading since 1992 under a couple of different names before becoming a proprietorship in 1998. Since its conception in 1992 it has been with the same owner and trades today as a sole proprietorship. Custometal’s customers consist of the construction industry across Melbourne. Custometal is what is known in the industry as a metal work sub-contractor, with our scope of works basically consisting of custom fabricating all metal items excluding structural steel and items that can be mass produced.... [tags: essays research papers]
7356 words (21 pages)
- Budget Planning and Control A budget is a documented statement of business management’s strategies for a specific period conveyed in different financial terms. A budget is able to assist in guiding a business in its operations. Expanding further on that, it can act as a constraint to control the costs of the day-to-day operations of the business. Management must make sure that measures are put in to place to make certain that the business does not stray from the budget and reduce the variance of actual and planned aspects as much as possible.... [tags: Budget, Variance, Management, Business]
1095 words (3.1 pages)
- Leadership Think of the leaders you know. Who comes to mind easily. We can mention several military, business, sports personalities, even U.S presidents who might fit the bill. Images of popular personalities like Martha Stewart and Donald Trump comes easily to mind. A leader must have superior qualities to command followers. Qualities are what we seek in a leader who we look up to, to guide us. We put our trust in any leadership because of the qualities that they exude. A leader must possess qualities such as but not limited to skilled communication, team-building ability, and the abilities to direct, delegate, motivate, mentor, organize, facilitate, and think critically.... [tags: Leadership, Qualities, Skills]
1106 words (3.2 pages)