While most collaboration techniques will bring up arguments and ideas at any given time, the six thinking hats approach allows the participants to have a specific type of thinking hat to direct and influence them into that way of thinking. This ideology aims to momentarily block any other sort of reasoning and thinking deviating from the assigned hat’s core values; allowing the participants to thoroughly assess and participate in each style of thinking.
The white hat focuses on information and figures, the red hat is based upon feelings and emotions, the black hat is for being careful and emphasises caution, the yellow hat focuses on optimism, the green hat is the more creative style of thinking and the blue hat looks at control and organisation.
Reading through the ideas an...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Edward de Bono thought to be one of the leading authority in the world in the field of creative thinking and direct teaching of thinking as a skill. A de Bonian thinker states, "There are highly intelligent people who are poor thinkers. Intelligent people may use their thinking to simply defend a point of view. The more skilled they are at mounting a convincing defense, the less they see a need to explore that subject, listen to others, or generate alternatives. This is poor thinking" (Wiesendanger, 1991, p.... [tags: De Bono Thinking Creative]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- If training and application of Edward de Bono’s Lateral Thinking and Six Thinking Hats strategy were to be adopted by American corporations, countless hours of “paralysis by analysis” could be eliminated. The groans are palpable when yet another meeting request arrives in the Outlook Inboxes of mid-level managers on a daily basis. And, while the participants are perpetually extolled to “think outside the box”, it is done so without really giving them the cerebral tools to do so. Even just providing today’s working intellectuals with one – defined – “thinking hat” would be helpful, but arming them with all six and how to apply them would work wonders.... [tags: Edward de Bono, Training, Application]
685 words (2 pages)
- Introduction "If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you. Not much." (About Quotations.com). Our ability to make well informed and critically analyzed decisions along with the decision-making processes we employ, are key in determining our overall successes and failures. We are faced with daily decisions that can ultimately change the very courses of our lives. Poor decisions will lead to unintended failures while educated, deliberate, and purposefully planned decisions will bring about a desired result with great success.... [tags: The Six Hat's Approach]
1474 words (4.2 pages)
- In 1997, a website which was named Six Degrees as the first site of social media was built. Behind Six Degrees, the internet came into instant messaging and blogging era(HISTORY COOPERATIVE 2016). Social media collect online communications together, and they devoted to sharing information, cooperation, and interaction. Social media is very useful for businesses in Australia, it can gain more advantages than their contestants, commonly. No matter who businesses or consumers are, the use of social media is still rocket in Australia.... [tags: Internet, Social network service, Facebook]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- Lean Six Sigma training offerings vary greatly. Offerings include 5 days to get certified as a Black Belt (guaranteed) all the way up to 20+ days of training with no guarantees unless the student demonstrates competency over following months. Offerings also include Green Belt level courses with a bundle of six sigma tools all the way up to Green Belt training that includes a comprehensive array of both lean, six sigma and facilitative leadership methods. Which one do you buy into. Which one will serve you best.... [tags: Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing, Manufacturing]
1315 words (3.8 pages)
- In this paper, an individual with a psychological problem will be presented, and the reason for her problem will be explained using six different theoretical models. The anonymous individual that is the focus of this paper suffers from anxiety. The anxiety started in her teenage years and led to several abnormal behaviors, including pulling out her eyebrows and eyelashes until they would not grow back, and hoarding in her adult years. The hoarding causes distress within her home, marriage, and amongst other family members who wish to help.... [tags: Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- Lean Six Sigma or Six Sigma There is always a debate in the business world as to whether lean six sigma or six sigma is the best suitable process to implement when it comes to organizing processes pertaining to business and eliminating wastes. Both these systems have their supporters, claiming theirs to be the best. On the other hand, some argue that both should be implemented for ensuring the success of any organization. For clearly understanding the debate, it is essential that the differences between the two systems should be understood.... [tags: Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing, Quality management]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- CASE STUDIES ON SIX SIGMA IN LIBRARIES Many studies have concluded that targeted the verification of the effect of the application of Six Sigma in libraries that the concept of Six Sigma to achieve a number of competitive advantages. It is including improved business performance and streamline business processes and improve the quality of services provided by libraries levels, and that the application of the concept of Six Sigma in libraries needs to unite workers in libraries and support the efforts and participation of all of the process.... [tags: Six Sigma, Strategic management]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- The Japanese are well known for their unique culture, which has been established as a complex and multifaceted system since ancient times. Most importantly, they are known to set a high value of protocols and etiquette during any type of business affairs, which applies to foreigners as well. When an external company wishes to conduct business with any Japanese companies, it is crucial for them to firstly understand the major elements and dimensions of the Japanese culture, as well as their impact on the way Japanese companies conduct their business.... [tags: Geert Hofstede, Organizational culture]
1263 words (3.6 pages)
- The Effect of Lean Six Sigma on the Employee and the Organization Abstract Lean Six Sigma is a methodology that creates processes within an organization to cut waste and improve the company’s performance. However, studies have shown that over the past decade applying Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma can create problems for companies financially and potential problems for employees. Companies should take great care before implementing a Lean Six Sigma solution because in some instances, going lean can do more harm than good both financially for the organization as well as destroying employee loyalty and moral.... [tags: Six Sigma Business]
1957 words (5.6 pages)
- Apartheid: The History of the National Party and Its Influence in South America
- Childhood Purity vs. Knowledge of Maturity: Review of Photograph Virginia at 6 by Sally Mann
- Personal and Social Struggles in The Crucible by Arthur Miller
- The US Federal Government and the History of National Debt Spending
- Communication: The Difference bewtween Men and Women
- The Three Classification Groups of Sport Fans