The goal of our project is to build a system consisting of an android device, which, when connected to the network via Wi-Fi, will be capable of controlling states of light bulbs, fans and Air conditioners. All of these appliances will be assigned unique IP addresses and the user will be able to switch them On/Off through a control packet sent over the IP network. An android application will be developed in order to provide the user an easy platform, where, by simply touching the icon, the user will be able to switch the appliances in accordance with the user’s requirements. At the other end, controller hardware will be interfaced with the appliances, which, after receiving a control packet, will perform the desired operations. This will allow the user to roam freely and access the devices from anywhere in the house as long as the user is connected to the network.
Technological advancements have forced the world to shift everything on the IP network, such as, IPTVs and VoIP. People nowadays prefer to use Skype, Viber and Whatsapp instead of using traditional means. This revolution in the technology provided us with the motivation to design a low cost hardware/software framework, which, in the future, will allow the preexisting home/industrial automation systems to be accessed over an IP network.
With Internet Protocol as the backbone of an enterprise wide network, everything that requires a standalone network today simply becomes subsumed into the IP master. This is interoperability at the very highest level. In the building management sector of this new environment, controllers are designed for the IP network. More importantly, they are also designed to thrive on the IP network.
... middle of paper ...
...red here, so we prefer not to use mechanical relay for such application. Electronic relays have many advantages, such as they are faster than electromechanical relays, increased lifetime, particularly if activated many times, as there are no moving parts to wear and no contacts to pit or build up carbon, no sparking, allowing use in explosive environments where it is critical that no spark is generated during switching, Totally silent operation and they are inherently smaller than a mechanical relay of similar specification.
For testing the speed control circuit along with the zero crossing detector, we integrated both the circuits and provided them with the common main supply. The diagram is shown below.
The output of the zero crossing detector is fed in to the speed controller circuit. When the zero crossing is detected, triac is triggered and bulb is turned on
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... I think its safe to say that we all have different forms of inspiration . It can be on the wall,in A book, A painting, and so on. For the purpose of this essay we will be creating a wall for inspiration. Once you have decided where you are going to put your wall. Keep in mind that you will adding to this wall for years,so it needs to be in a place where you can go and get the inspiration. For example in a child's room if the wall is for them in An office ,in the kitchen,in a hallway or in you're designing studio, etc.... [tags: benefits, believe, everyone, create]
578 words (1.7 pages)
To What Wxtent do Android OS Custom ROMs Benefit the Final Users and Google as the System Developer Company?
- A new era started when mobile handsets manufactures began to think about introducing more capabilities for their devices, the post-PC era was coming. The post-PC era started when the same services that computers could offer such us web browsing were included in smartphones, when the new millennium arrived, the 2000s, the smartphone industry took advantage over the huge PC industry (PCMag.com, 2014). As manufacturers decided to offer more productivity options to consumers in software hand to hand with more powerful hardware, satisfying the consumers became a major concern for these companies.... [tags: android, smartphones, google, linux]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- The aim of this project is to create a program for load identification by means of the active and reactive power characteristics with the dataset called REDD. Specifically, it aims to evaluate the ability of the algorithm applied with respect to different types of appliances. In this semester, lots of technical papers had been studied and the useful know-how had been selected. The power calculation model in MS Excel had been verified, and the formulas to find out the results had been set up. To extract the data appropriately, the REDD dataset was also studied.... [tags: REDD dataset, appliance algorithm]
2937 words (8.4 pages)
- Imagine thinking that everything you do is not true. That everything you have decided in all your years of existence is not your own doing but part of a hive thinking. A creature taking over and making sure that you follow into the same steps as the people before you. This creature is referred as a meme. It’s a parasite that jumps from host to host, making you copy the actions and thinking the previous people that it controlled. This meme is taking over, making it seem that we are all being independent and individuals when we are truly not.... [tags: Mind, Thought, Human, Cognition]
1328 words (3.8 pages)
- Before start the discussion of how IT behave in small business, let us look at the definition of IT. IT ,short for "information technology", is a term that includes all forms of technology used to create, store, exchange, and use information in its various forms such as business data, voice conversations, still images, motion pictures, multimedia presentations, and other forms, including those not yet conceived. It's a convenient term for including both telephony and computer technology in the same word (Applegate).... [tags: IT for Small Business]
2725 words (7.8 pages)
- Could lightweight discover of electricity improve future appliances. Paper, invented more than 2,000 years ago, has severed us with multiple purposes. Amazingly, this extensively, broad use item has been discovered for its ability to absorb carbon nanotubes and silver nanowires films into its porous material to conduct electricity in a completely new way. However, paper is not the only object discovered for its ability to demeanor electricity. Viruses have also successful been able to conduct electricity and function as batteries.... [tags: Electricity]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- Two operating systems currently dominate the smartphone market, Apple and Android. It all started six years ago when Google launched its android system. However, its approach was much different. Google had made just the software, not the device, giving the software free to phone makers to alter and adjust in anyway they pleased to fit their over 70 different phones. Google believed that by offering it free, in the long run would create more internet friendly phones and more ad views for Google. I think that this strategy was successful due to the fact that Android is the world’s most popular operating system loved by many smartphone users.... [tags: smartphones, Google, operating system]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- In the United States, small businesses play a vital role in building the economy. Today, there are over 28 million small businesses in America. What exactly is considered to be a small business. Initially, the Small Business Administration (SBA) deemed any manufacturer with 250 employees or less to be a small business, but today it considers companies with fewer than 500 employees to be small. Today’s marketplace is an excellent opportunity for the budding entrepreneur. Today’s small business owner has a wealth of opportunities to help him/her gain economic success in today’s marketplace.... [tags: Business, Small business, Management]
1516 words (4.3 pages)
- When it comes to mobile technology, things transform rather fast, and a perfect example is Google’s Android operating system (Ralphael, 2102). Android has evolved from a rough and limited beginner to a polished yet slick platform that is now dominating the smartphone market (Ralphael, 2102). Android powers more than a billion phones and tablets around the world. It’s customizable yet easy to use and since it’s created by Google, it seamlessly works with all the favorite Google apps. Android 4.0 is called “Ice Cream Sandwich”, which builds on things people love the most about Android.... [tags: technology, google, mobile]
1746 words (5 pages)
- Internet Appliances Have Arrived This article was about a new kind of devices referred to as “Internet Appliances”. These devices look like small PCs but they only come with the online essentials: a screen, a keyboard, a modem, and a browser (no hard disk or floppy drive). These devices are directed at consumers who are interested in only using the Internet. Three devices were tested and described: Microsoft Network Companions from Compaq and Vestel, and the New Internet Computer (NIC). The two Microsoft Network units were very similar in design.... [tags: Essays Papers]
332 words (0.9 pages)