You can install the software on any domain or even in a Workgroup computer and you’re free to add the multiple domains (whether same or different) available in your network.
In addition to auditing, this Lepide product also creates the snapshots of the states of the objects periodically, which can be used to reinstate the previous working states of the AD objects.
Adding a Domain
The first step is to add a domain in LepideAuditor for Active Directory. For adding a domain, go the “Settings” tab and click “Domain Management” button in the Left Hand Section. Click on the “Add” button for adding a domain, of which auditing you’ve to conduct. This will display the following dialog box
Figure: Add Domain dialog box
Provide the necessary inputs like Domain Name/IP Address of the domain, Username, and Password. You can also click on the “Discover Domain” button to list all the domains...
... middle of paper ...
Creating an alert
Right click on any report in the Left Hand Panel and select “Set Alert” option. You’ve to follow the onscreen instructions of the wizard to create an alert. You can use “Alerts” tab to manage the created alerts and to view their delivery status reports. As soon as the software identifies the predefined condition in any of the created alerts, a short email summarizing the event will be sent to the defined recipients immediately. This will help the administrators to encounter the erroneous and critical situations without wasting much time.
LepideAuditor for Active Directory is, in fact, a great tool to audit the Active Directory objects in a much friendly way than the native tools. Following the above steps will help an auditor to effectively audit an AD environment and help the administrators to keep an eye on their infrastructure.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... (Public company accounting sighting overview, 2013). Inputs: They are categorized at engagement, firm and national level with the audit firm’s culture (values, ethics and attitudes), the time, knowledge and skill brought to the audit and the effectiveness of the audit’s processes and quality control procedures. Engagement level: The engagement team is independent and exhibits professional competence, due care and skepticism. The engagement team is aware that the audit is performed in public interest and they need to comply with the standards and ethical requirements.... [tags: audit committee, auditor´s opinion]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- Abstract This paper covers how Domain Management has evolved from Window NT 4.0 to Active Directory. Also it provides an in-depth look at all of the advantages Active Directory has over Window NT 4.0. The benefits of using Active Directory are broken up into Categories including the improvements in scalability, organization, and replication. This paper also shows how users are managed in an Active Directory environment as opposed to local users. Active Directory is a very useful tool created by Microsoft to make the server/client relationship easier to create and maintain throughout Windows based systems.... [tags: Microsoft Active Directory]
1568 words (4.5 pages)
- The Safety Of Objects tries so hard to get it's point across,it started to become annoying after a bit. Half of the characters in this film,are so selfish,I couldn't relate to any of them,in fact the only one,was Glenn Close's,and even she was somewhat selfish. All of the characters in this movie,either have something tragic happened to them,or they are having,relationship problems,and they all connect to each other at one point,or another. I'll go over the stories. Glenn Close-Esther. Loses her son to a coma,in a ghastly accident.... [tags: Safety Of Objects, movies, Glenn Close,]
523 words (1.5 pages)
- One of the major problems that society faces today is noise pollution. Everywhere people go there is always something that is making a sound. It can be very loud such as a plane flying overhead, or it could be quiet like the fan of a computer. When a person is exposed to certain noises for extended periods of time it can not only damage their hearing, but also effect their mood, energy level, and productivity. As a result, there has been a push in the last fifty years or so to silence some of the annoying sounds that assault people’s ears everyday.... [tags: Active Noise Cancellation]
2019 words (5.8 pages)
- In America, a significant problem we should look at is regarding sexually active young teens. It seems that almost every teen is sexually active. They are having sex at such a early age. A question that rings in our minds, is do they truly even know what sex is. Growing up, Catholic teachings instructed myself to wait until marriage. They say premarital sex is a sin. Now, not only are churches teaching abstinence, but, schools as well. Premarital sex is a important growing problem: that usually results in a unwanted pregnancy, in some cases; forced abortion, sexually transmitted diseases, ultimate emotions of remorse.... [tags: sexually active, teenagers, sexuality, argumentati]
700 words (2 pages)
- The tradition audit without technology: The major characters of the tradition audit are all information what is needed by auditors are on the paper and the manual calculators and without high communication technology. Auditors usually were limited by the place in the paper time. When a several people are working on the same auditing project for a client with offices in cities across the country, even worldwide, it takes a lots all time those auditors get the information which they need from the client, even there is risk paper information disappear for many reasons.... [tags: Business Acounting]
1360 words (3.9 pages)
- Active Directory User Groups Implementation Synopsis of Proposal Subsequent to the Active Directory (AD) implementation discussion, this proposal addresses possible user accounts and group organizations for Riordan Manufacturing. This document discusses user and group accounts available through AD, and addresses possible implementation plans for the parent domain of riordanmanufacturing.com. These plans could also be implemented in the child domains for the four Riordan facilities, though addressing the actual implementations for those sites falls beyond the scope of this document.... [tags: Active Directory (AD) Implementation]
672 words (1.9 pages)
- The audit objectives to be achieved for the audit of cash substantiate the following assertions: existence, completeness, rights and obligations, valuation, and presentation and disclosure. One of the objectives for a cash audit is to verify that the recorded cash balances exist at the balance sheet date and reflect all cash and cash items on hand, in transit, and on deposit with third parties. This objective validates both the existence assertion and part of the completeness assertion. Another objective is to make sure that the recorded cash balances include all of the cash transactions that have occurred along with the effects from those transactions; this would satisfy the remaining comp... [tags: Accounting]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- Security auditing in any company involves establishing security levels in the company’s system. It comprises of vulnerability scans, reviewing applications and systems controls, and analyzing physical access into the system. Auditing is carried out to ensure information integrity of a company’s data and reliability of data exchange process through networked environment. In most cases, security auditing is done to ensure security measures are in place to protect the company against loss of information to the outside world.... [tags: Business Management ]
2231 words (6.4 pages)
- Subject: Assessment of Exton Industries, Inc. Dear Ms. Johnson: I have recently reviewed the Control Environment Questionnaire for Exton Industries, Inc. After evaluating the evidence collected by our staff member, I have come up with an assessment of the fraud risks. From the evidence gathered, I have concluded that Exton Industries has a weak control environment. Overall, it will not do an effective job of preventing fraudulent activities. While evaluating Exton Industries, I had to consider how the control environment would prevent misstatements arising from misappropriation of assets and fraudulent financial reporting.... [tags: essays research papers]
992 words (2.8 pages)