You can install the software on any domain or even in a Workgroup computer and you’re free to add the multiple domains (whether same or different) available in your network.
In addition to auditing, this Lepide product also creates the snapshots of the states of the objects periodically, which can be used to reinstate the previous working states of the AD objects.
Adding a Domain
The first step is to add a domain in LepideAuditor for Active Directory. For adding a domain, go the “Settings” tab and click “Domain Management” button in the Left Hand Section. Click on the “Add” button for adding a domain, of which auditing you’ve to conduct. This will display the following dialog box
Figure: Add Domain dialog box
Provide the necessary inputs like Domain Name/IP Address of the domain, Username, and Password. You can also click on the “Discover Domain” button to list all the domains...
... middle of paper ...
Creating an alert
Right click on any report in the Left Hand Panel and select “Set Alert” option. You’ve to follow the onscreen instructions of the wizard to create an alert. You can use “Alerts” tab to manage the created alerts and to view their delivery status reports. As soon as the software identifies the predefined condition in any of the created alerts, a short email summarizing the event will be sent to the defined recipients immediately. This will help the administrators to encounter the erroneous and critical situations without wasting much time.
LepideAuditor for Active Directory is, in fact, a great tool to audit the Active Directory objects in a much friendly way than the native tools. Following the above steps will help an auditor to effectively audit an AD environment and help the administrators to keep an eye on their infrastructure.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... At that time forward the email to the District Manager to inquire on the lateness and request that the information is sent to you so you can answer Ms. Lacey as well as have the District Manager to add the late statement to block 14. I will address reviewing the Audit Management database for late reports, red amber and green status and Quarterly submission numbers in the C&S guidance. The Audit review workload is large; the Region has over 700 audited facilities, which roughly equals to over 1000 audits reviewed by the Region annually.... [tags: Audit, Auditing, Auditor's report]
1734 words (5 pages)
- ... This plan would be appropriate for various reasons, including the idea that auditors hail from every department within the factory. This would make it easier for the audit team, as they are not scrambling around before an external audit to ensure all departments are in order. The idea that auditors hail from every department would mean one person in every department is able to pay attention to their department’s work instruction books, processes, core tool documents and forms. It would be a great relief for the quality team to know there are multiple people trained as to what an auditor is looking at and how to prepare their department to be audit ready all the time.... [tags: Auditing, Financial audit, Internal audit]
2333 words (6.7 pages)
- ... An auditor’s opinion is given based on the quantity and quality of the evidence they have collected and interpreted, in order to support the true and fair view of the financial statements. By true and fair view it means that the financial reports shouldn’t misinform the users of financial information about the situation of the company, to have a level of precision which is supported with sufficient audit proof and to deliver a reasonable picture of the business and its future. For a true and fair view to be delivered, an auditor should keep its independence which means it should be ’completely objective’, it doesn’t have a personal or financial connection with the audited entity or to be... [tags: Audit, Financial audit, Auditing]
1358 words (3.9 pages)
- 1. Goal Lab 04 entailed the creation and configuration of Group Policies and PSOs (Password Setting Objects) within the previously created jrn9556.corp domain. The jrn9556.corp domain created in lab 03 was not “set up” after the initial creation. This lab acted as the “set up” for the domain. The first step of the lab was actually to install Active Directory on the Windows Server 2012 box created in the previous lab. This was actually a bit confusing, as the previous lab already required us to install Active Directory Domain Services on the 2k12 box, so this section of the lab was basically irrelevant.... [tags: Active Directory, Group Policy]
1730 words (4.9 pages)
- Minutes The minutes of the June 19, 2015 meeting were approved. Presentation of PriceWaterhouseCoopers Audit Report Mr. Eric Schwartz of PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC) provided the Audit Committee with a presentation of the audit of fiscal 2015 consolidated financial statements of Dartmouth Hitchcock-Health and Subsidiaries. PriceWaterhouseCoopers issued an unmodified opinion on the consolidated financial statements. Areas identified for audit procedures for NLHA include entity levels controls, revenue, long-term debt, fixed assets, salaries and benefits and consideration of fraud.... [tags: Auditing, Audit, External auditor]
989 words (2.8 pages)
- ... (Public company accounting sighting overview, 2013). Inputs: They are categorized at engagement, firm and national level with the audit firm’s culture (values, ethics and attitudes), the time, knowledge and skill brought to the audit and the effectiveness of the audit’s processes and quality control procedures. Engagement level: The engagement team is independent and exhibits professional competence, due care and skepticism. The engagement team is aware that the audit is performed in public interest and they need to comply with the standards and ethical requirements.... [tags: audit committee, auditor´s opinion]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- ... IT infrastructure and network upgrade projects had been planned in 2016 but the detail project budgets were still under review and pending for final approval as of the audit. Due to the absence of the country manager in Auckland office since November 2015, every IT project spending regardless the project size needs to be approved by Group director in Hong Kong. SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES OF THE AUDIT The scope of this audit included the review of the IT functions in Auckland office as follow: - IT Governance - IT infrastructure - IT operations - Incident and problem management - Budget planning and execution - IT policies and training The principle objectives of this audit were to: 1. gain... [tags: Audit, Financial audit, Auditing, Access control]
1183 words (3.4 pages)
- ... Apparently, in the regard of evaluating a program’s performance and use that as evidence to make future decisions, internal audit is much more useful than external audit, but we can rarely see the internal audit report from the social service sector. Some may explain that internal audit report contain the organization’s detail, and maybe some detail should be protected from disclosure, but other government branches actually release their internal audit report to the public online, like the Texas Department of Banking.... [tags: Auditing, Audit, Financial audit, Welfare]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- ... As stated in “Non- drug use- and Drug Use- Specific Spirituality as One- Year Predictors of Drug Use Among High- Risk Youth” by (Sussman, S., Skara, S., Rodriguez, Y., & Pokhrel, P. 2006). Spirituality and adolescent drug use had been focused on identifying the potential protective, of the effects of spirituality on drug use and other risky type behaviours. The study had presented that spiritualty does not increase the risk effects of drug use. According to (Sussman, S., Skara, S., Rodriguez, Y., & Pokhrel, P.... [tags: Alcoholism, Alcohol abuse, Drinking culture]
1474 words (4.2 pages)
- Abstract This paper covers how Domain Management has evolved from Window NT 4.0 to Active Directory. Also it provides an in-depth look at all of the advantages Active Directory has over Window NT 4.0. The benefits of using Active Directory are broken up into Categories including the improvements in scalability, organization, and replication. This paper also shows how users are managed in an Active Directory environment as opposed to local users. Active Directory is a very useful tool created by Microsoft to make the server/client relationship easier to create and maintain throughout Windows based systems.... [tags: Microsoft Active Directory]
1568 words (4.5 pages)