When I looked into week 2, I planned to start selling and buying my stocks in a way that would hopefully be beneficial. A few stocks that were performing well that week, such as PNRA and CMG, so I sold a few of those shares in order to gain a profit. With this extra money, I planned to invest more into my stocks that were not doing as well in order to increase back their values.
During the second week, I decided to sell parts of my CMG and PNRA stocks. I was experiencing some ...
... middle of paper ...
... my portfolio was only at $966,563. This was a big difference, but it has improved since the previous week’s value. I have also noticed that my new AMGN stock didn’t show any profit since I have bought it. During the days of November 11, 14, and 16, its price per share has gone from $150.05 to $148.47, then to $147.57.
When thinking about the next week, I just planned to track and see how my portfolio performed. I did not buy or sell any more shares just to see how my final week would turn out. As of November 29th, my portfolio did not beat the S&P Index 500. The GSPC value was $1,031,355, while my portfolio was at $976,019. This does not seem that bad since my portfolio did turn out to be slightly better than it was during the first week of this project. I first had $974,475, which is now $976,019. It was not much, but it is still better than when I first started.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A Complete Guidance To Beginners Of Indian Stock Market Stock market is the real place where one can expect an investment to turn more profits. However, one should follow basic myths to realize profits with stock market. This article is going to be a complete guidance to people who are not aware about stock market. Follow The Following Myths To Win At Indian Stock Market: With these Top myths about the Indian stock market in mind, any investor can win. • Investment Is Similar To Gambling: Basically in stock market, user’s profits are highly dependent on the property of investors.... [tags: Investment, Stock market, Futures contract]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- Non-linear link between political instability and stock market performance: The growing importance of nonlinear analysis on financial and real sector dated back to early 1990s. Hsieh (1991) and Brock (1992) provides a general argument why research on nonlinear science in general and chaos in particular is important in economics and finance. Add to that, by providing methodological reasons for nonlinear analysis in Financial Economics, Hiemstra and Kramer (1998) state that ‘linear asset-pricing relations omit interesting useful aspects of the relationship between stock returns and the macro economy’.... [tags: Stock market, Economics, Empirical, Empiricism]
924 words (2.6 pages)
- Stock Valuation Introduction This week Team B reviewed and discussed the "Concept Review Video: "Stock Valuation." In this video, a former lawyer by the name of Katherine Collins Lang now a private investor reflects on how her grandmother was the next door millionaire with a profession as a teacher. Her grandmother invested in the market with blue chip stocks, and they grew over time. Katherine Collins inherited the stocks and eventually sold off those stocks at a loss in the telecommunications industries in 2001-2002 when stocks were down.... [tags: Stock market, Stock, Bond, Investment]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- Part 1: Personal Experience The stock market game is a great way to learn and understand how stocks work. I ended up learning that going all in and shorting stocks was the quickest way to make money. Unfortunately, it is also the best way to experience the slaughter when stocks go other than what you predict. In the beginning, I did not truly understand how to play the stock game. I was afraid and put clumps of money in different stocks. The cost was hundreds and hundreds of dollars that. Slowly as I tested shorting with Sunedison (SUNE) I began making up the money that I lost.... [tags: Stock market, Stock, Short, Share]
1971 words (5.6 pages)
- According to Investopedia (2003), the New York Stock Exchange, otherwise known as NYSE, is a stock exchange based in New York City. It is considered the largest equities-based exchange in the world based on total market capitalization of its listed securities. Additionally, it stated that NYSE was founded in 1972 but became a public entity in 2005 after the acquisition of electronic trading exchange Archipelago. The NYSE Euronext is the parent company of the New York Stock Exchange. This came into play when the company merged with the European exchange in 2007.... [tags: Stock exchange, Stock, New York Stock Exchange]
1476 words (4.2 pages)
- There is a connection between the stock market and the economy. It is noticeable how economic activity influences stock prices. The current state of the economy has major influence over how much money is being deposited into the economy as well as a consumer's confidence in their income. Whether an individual invests in the stock market or not, it will have an impact on everybody and every company. Every investor’s goal is to gain the most money from the stock market. To do so, much knowledge is needed which can help predict the outcome.... [tags: economy, money, investment, predictability]
1906 words (5.4 pages)
- Can the stock Market a place of opportunity to gain easy wealth. Investing in stocks, is it financially worth it. You often hear the news how stock went up a couple of point and down the next. Sometimes wondering if I would have purchased some shares then would it had been a good financial investment. Investing in stock can be financially worth purchasing but can also come back and hurt you financially. There are many ways for fast easy making money but it can also be a financial burden in your wallet.... [tags: Stock market, Finance, Investment, Stock]
1536 words (4.4 pages)
- The two things that could make a human gullible is either not being prepared or being over prepared. This is because listening to someone who is rich and powerful makes you believe that you are also something great, but not everyone is truthful of what they say and instead they act for their own self-interest. This story is directly related to lies, deception and karma. It all begins in 2007, I was just admitted at the New York Stock Exchange for a position of a stock broker. I graduated with a 4.5 GPA and I got offers from many companies from all around the world but I decided to follow my father’s advice and he always use to say to me: “Son…Go for your dreams, but never lie to yourself and... [tags: Stock market, Stock, Stock exchange]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- When looking at a particular discourse community, one can come across a number of genres that are appropriately applied to articles geared toward the discourse community. Looking at the discourse community of the stock market, the two genres that appear the most often are news articles and analysis articles. Both of these genres can be written with an intended audience of either people within the discourse community, or people on the outside of the discourse community. The key point of differentiation, is the language that is used throughout the writing.... [tags: Federal Reserve System, Monetary policy]
717 words (2 pages)
- Investing in SolarCity (SCTY) Stocks are an important part of the economy. “A stock is an ownership share in a corporation. Each of these shares denotes a part ownership for a share owner, stockholder, or shareholder, of that company. Stocks are traded on exchanges all over the world, the largest is the New York Stock Exchange or NYSE (What Is a Stock?).” The economy and stock market are related to each other. When the economy is not doing very well, the price of stocks can go down. This has an impact on people.... [tags: Photovoltaics, Solar cell, Solar energy, Stock]
1167 words (3.3 pages)