• Pro-Reputation: The author’s writing has been published in many credible cites, such as Nature and Scientific America, which shows that she is trusted greatly to give accurate information in this field.
• Pro-Ability to See: The author is a freelance science writer in Beijing where she has focused her study. This adds to her credibility because she is fully submerged in the perspectives and can give a well rounded, informative article.
• Pro-Vested Interest: The author truly has a passion for environmental studies that has continued to develop and drive her writing in this field.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Giant Pandas (Ailuropoda melanoleuca) are an endangered species of large terrestrial mammal occupying about isolated areas of mountain forest (WWF, 2014a) in China. These forests are areas of high biodiversity and likely contain a wide variety of unknown species. It is, therefore, important to protect them. As a result of the ongoing conservation of Pandas, the habitat is relatively secure, gradually increasing and becoming less isolated due to new corridors (China’s Ministry of Forestry & WWF, 1989) between forests.... [tags: Giant Panda, Endangered species, Conservation]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- Briahna Bishop March 28, 2016 Dr. Zeng M/W 8:00 a.m The Giant Panda Express The Giant Panda (Ailuropoda melanoleuca) is a beloved creature known to the world. However, it is also a creature that is critically endangered and faces extinction. As human advancements obliterate the habitats and influence the lifestyle of the Giant Panda, research is conducted to uncover the cause of the Giant Panda’s current predicament and to improve the methods of conservation to save the Giant Panda. Information gained by researching the Giant Panda and its behaviors would help scientists and conservationists discover just what is hurting the Giant Panda, and what people can do to stop the Giant Panda’s pop... [tags: Giant Panda, Endangered species, Bear, Ailuropoda]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- It’s a cat, it’s a panda, its a raccoon., its the red panda. The red Panda is a cute furry animal with a feisty look in its eye. The Red Panda is related to the Giant Panda and looks and has similar characteristics to the street raccoon. The scientific name for the Red Panda in Ailurus fulgens. Red Pandas are endangered creatures with their habitats slowly disappearing. Red Pandas have similar characteristics to raccoons. Red Pandas don’t eat very much for their size. Physical Description Red Pandas are very much like raccoons, they are very peaceful creatures too.... [tags: animals, ailurus fulgens]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- The giant panda is a very iconic and well known symbol in many countries today. Unfortunately these unique black and white creatures are one of the most endangered species in the world. These pandas are termed to be “giant” due to the fact that they can grow to be up to 5 feet in height and 300 pounds in weight (Bradford, 2014). The majority of the giant panda population can be found in central china. Many of the pandas survive in this area due to the wet bamboo forest environment. However, the population is still very limited in size.... [tags: Giant Panda, Bamboo, Bear, Endangered species]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- However regardless of the high costs of conserving pandas, there is an array of benefits of doing so especially to the environment. Saving the giant panda means saving both habitat of panda and human. The land for bamboo forests is decreasing due to human disruption. Yet panda itself has a crucial role in saving China’s bamboo forests. It is able to spread seeds and help the vegetation to grow according to the famous World Wide Fund(“Why”). This allows the bamboo forest to create new lands since seeds are spread to lands further and hence bamboos can regenerate faster because of the footprint of pandas.... [tags: Giant Panda, Bamboo, Panda diplomacy]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- Pandas are some of the only animals that have a carnivorous digestive system, but they are primarily herbivores. Pandas are uniquely different mammals, but only some are left since they are an endangered species. Pandas are unique for a bunch of reasons such as their lifestyle. Pandas also live in a unique environment, but it is necessary for them to live in that habitat due to their diet which makes them mostly unique. They also have a distinctive appearance and they also have a unique reproduction habit.... [tags: antisocial, habitat, bamboo]
603 words (1.7 pages)
- FedEx, one of the world’s leading delivery and logistics companies was ask by The Smithsonian’s National Zoo in Washington D.C. and Zoo Atlanta, to transport two of the most beloved pandas in the U.S. to an animal preserve in China in January 2010. This offered a chance for FedEx to influence the U.S. and Chinese markets during this high-profile flight. The premise was to take the pandas to China for conservation and breeding efforts of the endangered species at the beginning of February, this allowed FedEx less than two weeks.... [tags: Business]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- Kung Fu Panda is an animated family, comedy, action-adventure film directed by Mark Osbourne and John Stevenson. Released in 2008, it stars Jack Black as the voice of the protagonist, Po, an enormous but lovable panda. Before Po’s journey, Po is a very different panda than the one we admire by the end. Lazy, socially awkward, and ridiculed for his size, he often breaks plates and sleeps in while working as a waiter at his father’s restaurant in the Valley of Peace. Knowing he doesn’t fit in, Po indulges himself in a dream world where he is a kung fu warrior working alongside his heroes, the Furious Five.... [tags: Film Review, Mark Osbourne, John Stevenson]
1986 words (5.7 pages)
- The Giant Panda (Ailuropoda Melanoleuca) lives in the bamboo forests of southwestern China. This type of panda is endangered and to this day “there are only around a thousand pandas left” (http//:panda.org, 1). “Adult giant pandas have a length of 160 to 180 centimeters (5/14 to 6 feet). The weight of an adult male giant panda is normally between 80 and 125 kilograms (176 and 276 pounds) with males typically weighing about 10% to 20% more than females--about the same size as the American black bear.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1599 words (4.6 pages)
- Steven Spielberg's Schindler's List Schindler's List, the award winning film directed by Steven Spielberg, is becoming a significant teaching tool in high schools across the nation. Spielberg himself explained why in the Foreword to the study guide Facing History prepared through a grant from his production company, Amblin Entertainment, and Universal Films. He wrote: There are far too many places where hate, intolerance, and genocide still exist.... [tags: Spielberg Schindler's List Movie Film]
1020 words (2.9 pages)