... middle of paper ...
...ide a platform where anybody can speak up and can gather support. It’s extremely useful for people who usually feel shy to speak up or to give support for a cause.
Internet presents a number of risks along with a bundle of opportunities for youth. This research suggests that some of the online risks facing youth are addiction, exposure to inappropriate material, cyber bullying and sexual solicitation. Despite these risks, this research also suggests that the Internet can be beneficial for youth. It provides a vehicle to promote cognitive, social, and physical development. Although there are limits, the Internet can be used to complement more traditional methods of delivering treatment interventions. Overall, while moderate use of the Internet can have positive effects, these beneficial outcomes diminish or disappear with excessive use and even nonuse.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The internet has changed the way we communicate The internet is the easier way for people to communicate with each other. It has made the world smaller by bringing people together everywhere and any time. This invention has important tools for people to contact and it has changed their way of communication in today busy world. In fact people are becoming totally dependent on the internet as a way of communication in their daily life, business and work. The limitation of old communication tools has made the use of internet for communication is wider all over the world .... [tags: Communication ]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- The Internet is a huge network connected to other networks. Internet can be used for a lot of things such as finding for information, communicate with another people from other places and a lot more. The Internet is also good for people that have a company but they do not see that. They think that the Internet is just for entertainments and communication but what the owners of the companies do not know is that the Internet also benefits them. They can set up a website for their business. There are a lot of advantages of setting up a website for a business and below are just some of the advantages.... [tags: Computer security, Internet, World Wide Web]
999 words (2.9 pages)
- Since the invention and popularization of the internet, computer mediated communication has become an increasingly common mode of socialization. Many people have voiced the concern that the move away from physical communication might have negative repercussions for society; however, socialization on the internet has a number of advantages over traditional socialization. The internet provides a larger pool of potential social contacts compared to physically seeking people, creates means for people to easily communicate when spatially or temporally disconnected and allows a comfortable atmosphere for communication.... [tags: Internet]
700 words (2 pages)
- Internet Policy Memorandum Introduction The purpose of this memorandum is to establish rules and etiquette for the use of the company internet. First, start off by looking at the proposed policies for usage on the company’s internet. Then we will discuss the possible torts that could be committed by employees who use the internet at work. Then we will look possible crimes that could be committed by employees who use the internet at work, and explain whether the crimes are white collar or blue collar.... [tags: Internet, Computer, Employment]
1946 words (5.6 pages)
- The Internet. As of today, every facet of human life is heavily influenced by information obtained via information technologies. The Internet, like an uncharted wilderness, promises vast resources, knowledge and the space to create offer methods of communications. It should be accessible to all. It allows for communication to reach around the world, it keeps individuals entertain. Has the capability to solve conflict easy and quick. By using the internet, individuals may obtain the news, research, inventions, and innovations from almost any electrical device.... [tags: World Wide Web, Internet, Computer, Website]
1144 words (3.3 pages)
- INTRODUTION THE INTERNET • The internet is what and how we make use of it. The most important thing about the internet to the people is that it allows them to keep in connect with each other. In other words the internet helps or enable people to share information and communicate irrespective of their geographical location in the world for as long they are connected to the internet. • Connecting people with the internet actually make the world a small place to live in. As information is being shared instantly and widely into the world, by means of different types of networks or application that are very much linked with the internet such as Facebook, twitter, Whatsapp etc.... [tags: computers, networks, satellites]
1731 words (4.9 pages)
- The Impact of the Internet on People The Internet has had a large impact on businesses, countries, and individuals. The Internet first started out as a research tool for Universities and now has become the "information freeway". The Internet has created problems for some companies and has helped other companies. The Internet has caused problems with individuals but has also helped many individuals. The research on sending information from computer to computer began in the 1960s. The United States Department of Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA) funded the research project known as ARPA.... [tags: Technology Innovation Internet]
1566 words (4.5 pages)
- The introduction of the Internet to the mainstream world has brought with it a new way of distributing information. This new distribution of information over the Internet has created a power struggle between some states and their citizens. The basic definition of power is the action of a person over another person to force the submissive person to do something he would not ordinarily do. Brian A. Connery, a professor at Oakland University who has studied power, defines power as, "Any capacity to get people to do what you want them to do." Power is evident in the relationship between a state and its citizens.... [tags: Internet and Politics]
2930 words (8.4 pages)
- Computers are considered to be one of the greatest discoveries of the 20th century. As time goes on, computers have become more and more important in our lives. We use computers at school, at home, and at work and most of us can’t imagine life without them. Although computer use has become an everyday activity in our lives, its excessive use can have negative effects such as failure in our relationships, school-work and responsibilities. The internet itself is a tool created to help us research whatever subject we are interested in.... [tags: Internet]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- Internet Provides New Ways to Communicate Through the centuries, technology has changed communication. In the 19th century people communicated through mail by the use of the pony express and through the electrical speech machine, known today as the telephone. In the 20th century into the beginning of the 21st century the new technology of computers has become widely available to people around the world. With computers, the internet has changed the way people communicate today. Postal mail and telephones are still used, but advancing technology currently provides communication through instant messaging, e-mail, and webcams.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1631 words (4.7 pages)