The recent outbreak in the growth of social media, smart phones, tablets, and any other internet allowing device does in fact impact the youth school wise and at home. According to statistics CNN has gathered (Chelsea Clinton and James P. Steyer, is the internet hurting children, cnn.com) at 5 years old more than 50% of kids go on the computer and or tablets. Starting to use the internet at such a young age slows down the child’s learning ability, they should be practicing to sound out words and learn to write letters, but because of the internet that makes it a lot harder than how it should be. My mother, Gina Steiman, who is a Board Certified Adult Health Nurse Practitioner, Board Certified Clinical Nurse Specialist in Adult Health and a Board Certified Advanced Practice Public Health Nurse, who works as a school nurse and at a college based urgent care health center noticed that :
The capacity for reasoning and searching from a variety of sources, as well as the
reliability of analyzing the sources is no longer a skill this generation has.
Instead, internet and other mainstream media became a tool...
... middle of paper ...
... much from their kids and the child feels they can’t achieve to their parents’ expectation, then it causes them to have a negative look at school, academics and left with no motivation to do well.
The internet is full of many things that could make us smarter. However, the internet is full of websites, games, even photos that could very likely have a negative effect on children and their behaviors. Also their education, speech could become affected and they could start doing badly in school or start cursing at a young age. Another thing is that their attitude towards life changes, instead of seeing it as their own giant happy playground they can view it as a very bitter and cold place and start looking, feeling, and talking negatively.
national institutes of health
american psychological association
research organization children now
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Another discovery is that one third of teenegers, between ages 12 througth 17, send more than 100 messages per day. Two thirds of the texters surveyed by the center’s Internet and American Life Project said they were more likely to use their cellphones to text friends than to call them. Fifty-four percent said they text their friends once a day, but only 33 percent said they talk to their friends face-to-face on a daily basis. The Kaiser Foundation reported that Americans between the ages of to 18 spend seven hours and a half a day using some sort of electronic device.... [tags: Internet, Computer, World Wide Web]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- Technology is slowly becoming part off society’s daily activities. Once we wake up in the morning with the assistance from our alarm clocks, to the moment we turn off the lights to go to bed, we are regularly reminded that we are now living in a modern world. Technology is present everywhere we turn. One of the most important products of technology is the internet. The World Wide Web (www) is part of almost everyone’s everyday life. In addition to the uses of computers, we can use our hand held devices to access the internet as well.... [tags: technology, internet, games, user]
1192 words (3.4 pages)
- To date, 1.7 billion people worldwide use the internet. The internet, good and bad, and yet it is entwined in almost every humans life. It has grown over the years and now basically keeps out world connected and unified. Around the globe people depend on the internet for everyday task such as communication, file sharing, and storing data. It is beneficial to the youth of learners by allowing access to information not easily obtainable by searching through books. In today’s generation the internet is more popular than ever.... [tags: Internet, Pornography, Sexual intercourse]
1350 words (3.9 pages)
- Human’s life has changed. Most of the people have come to cities instead of towns. Kids spend most of their time inside houses either watching TV or playing computer and maybe do their homework. Internet is one of the most recent changes in the last two decays. Not surprisingly, this new phenomenon is perhaps one of the greatest inventions of the last century, but unfortunately this occurrence has made some negative impact on our society and children. Teenagers are the most common group of society who can get artificial by the internet.... [tags: Internet]
775 words (2.2 pages)
- How often does one find himself checking the Internet for directions. How easy has the ability to find answers to questions become. How hard is the opportunity to check one’s Internet to pass up. Why has the Internet become an every day, every hour part of life. With the capabilities of the Internet and what one can spend his time doing on the Internet, the questions about the future of the Internet’s affects on its users continues to grow rapidly. The use of computer technology in the classroom is growing to be a major concern for parents and educators all over.... [tags: Internet]
1786 words (5.1 pages)
- When it comes to the topic of technology, most people will readily agree that it has been growing non-stop at a significant pace. About 16 years ago, technologies, such as computers were not a necessity in mainstream life. Since then, technology has progressed and people have become extremely reliable on. In the essay “What’s the Matter with Kids Today?” by Amy Goldwasser, she talks about the positive aspects of the Internet. Although she mainly focuses on the positive she also contradicts herself and mentions some negative aspects.... [tags: internet]
1674 words (4.8 pages)
- Why do people get addicted to games online and how can we help them to control their time on internet. Is internet addiction a big problem in the world. Some people suggest that computers and games online are not so bad if they are not used out of balance (2008 ). However, some people say internet addiction is a problem of the public health (2008 ). Addiction is an illness which makes addicted people unable to control the amount of time they spend on playing game s. This is a big problem of every country in the world.... [tags: Internet]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- Keeping safe on the internet Introduction Safety on the internet is very important it is a place where anything can happen, and if you’re not careful damage can happen in reality, such as identity theft, stolen banking information and physical harm. Social sites Teenagers are most at risk when surfing on the internet because they use it more than anybody else on average; social websites are where you are most at danger for example my space, Twitter, Bebo and Facebook. People who are out to harm you in whatever way use these websites and pretend to be somebody they’re not, and by pretending to be your friend they may try and persuade you to give them your personal information.... [tags: Internet Safety]
984 words (2.8 pages)
- The current generation of children is completely different than the preceding ones. They are living in the digital age. “Technology has blended in with daily activity to become a way of life and children today take for granted all of which is automated. It is hard for kids nowadays to imagine a world that existed without all of the gadgets, electronics and seamless operations that computer technology provides.” (3) “Children in the United States devote some 40 hours a week to television, video games and the Internet.” (12) Many psychologists and researchers are concerned about the impact that technology has on children.... [tags: Electronic Games, Text Messaging]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- Tears begin to fall down a child’s face. Her body goes into shock out of fear. Her mother warned her about watching inappropriate content, and there it was, right on her computer screen. This could not have happened though. All she was doing was casually browsing the internet before a pop-up appeared. Although it may seem hard to believe, the major cause of events such as this is the lack of censorship on the internet. Internet censorship relates to the removal of offensive, inappropriate, or controversial content published online.... [tags: Internet Pornography Essays]
1055 words (3 pages)