The 1000th Whobilation is crucial to describe the lifestyle of the Whos. The people of Whoville are celebrating that a genocide hasn’t happened. Cindy Lou Who makes a dramatic decision to invite the Grinch to the ceremony. The Grinch is a different species than the Whos. The Grinch is a What. The Grinch has not been seen since the incident in his school days. In the cartoon version they 're not singing because they love Christmas. They 're singing because they 're terrified that they 're all going to be slaughtered. The people of Whoville are a community of traumatized people who live in constant fear of genocide.
The Grinch lives just North of Whoville on a Mount Crumpit. The Grinch symbolizes Santa Clause. Crumpit is an Urban meaning for close friend. No one talks about the Grinch to know what he is really like. When we are kids, we believe in Santa Clause. We believe in the magic of Christmas of Santa Clause coming to bring gifts. We also think of the joy that we can bring to others. The Grinch saves Cindy Lou Who from the sorting machine in the mail room. She fell in when she got scared of seeing the Grinch for the first time. The Grinch took her out, but wrapped her in wrapping paper instead. The Grinch didn’t know how to accept being thanked. Cindy Lou Who doesn’t know how to tell her father, that the Grinch has become a close friend to her.
He also symbolizes Santa Clause when he experiments with different roles. Erikson’s stage five (Indus...
... middle of paper ...
...May and only has Max as a friend.
Another one of his neurotic needs was having a dominant partner. His dog Max, was his partner and explains why he put up with ideas of ruining Christmas. The Grinch wanted to ensure that no one would ever hurt him for being different: "If I have power, no one can hurt me." All of Whoville knows exactly where he lives, they could have easily killed him one day. Therefore, knowing exactly where he lived restricted his life. It didn’t only restrict the Grinch’s life but the community of Whoville too who was terrified that he would attack one day.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966&2000) explains not only the life of the Grinch but the Whos as well. Through the theorists of Karen Horney and Erik Erikson, viewers can learn why the Grinch’s personality is formed. Not only had it formed, but through the years it transformed.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- On a tiny snowflake floating through the air, exists the town of Who-ville, home of the Whos. The town is joyously preparing for the coming of Christmas. The opening scene is full of noise and excitement with the townspeople hustling and bustling about shopping for gifts. Cheerful Christmas music plays in the background while the countdown until Christmas Day is announced over the town’s loudspeaker. Bright colors combined with unusual hairstyles are seen on the people of Who-ville. The town itself is covered with a multitude of lights, decorated trees, and wreaths.... [tags: story summary and analysis]
624 words (1.8 pages)
- The time arrives but once a year -- Chirstmas-time holiday with varying cheer. But buying and selling and buming and parking Spur movie mischievers in need of a larking. There's snowflakes fallen and gently sprinkled, With all the little Whosters' smiles frozen wrinkled. Sleeping and shopping for five minutes or less, Stopping a moment to see the Grinch and how he stole Christmas. This dastardly deed won't make Zanzibelt wail, This is a gift that won't fly through the mail. For you'd be called names like suffering maroon, If you miss this fable-ous live-action cartoon.... [tags: essays research papers]
408 words (1.2 pages)
- Comparing Ron Howard's How the Grinch Stole Christmas to Dr. Seuss' Grinch Whether or not you consider Ron Howard's version of Dr Seuss's classic How The Grinch Stole Christmas comical, yet disgraceful, there's no ignoring the little green monster's reign over the box office. The movie, How the Grinch Stole Christmas starring Jim Carrey, was released in November of 2000, reaching a gross high of over $200 million in the U.S alone (The Numbers). However, I feel that this version has over exaggerated the original story, and I will back this up by showing many examples of how Dr.... [tags: Compare Contrast Comparison]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- The Christmas holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ in the Christian faith has expanded beyond its religious significance and been transformed into a cultural phenomenon observed by both believers and non-believers. According to a Pew Research study conducted in 2013, 92 percent of Americans and 96 percent of Christians participate in Christmas festivities. The same study also revealed that 81 percent of non-Christians, including atheists, Buddhists, and Hindus, also observe the holiday.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas worldwide]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- While consumers wake up at the crack of dawn the day after Thanksgiving to rush to the malls for the best deals of the year, the beginning of the holiday season is marked by the handful of movie marathons featuring holiday classics. The Christmas holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ in the Christian faith has expanded beyond its religious significance and transformed into a cultural phenomenon observed by both believers and non-believers. According to a Pew Research study conducted in 2013, 92 percent of Americans and 96 percent of Christians participate in Christmas festivities.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas worldwide]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- Christmas is a busy time of year, with many people travelling to spend time with their loved ones or to simply get out of the stresses of organizing a massive Christmas party. But plenty of people spend Christmas at home and after spending a lot of money on Christmas presents and foods, you might be looking for inexpensive things to do. If you are staying home this Christmas, here are a list of fun activities you can do without breaking the budget. Gingerbread house competition If you’re spending time with the family or a few friends, organize a fun gingerbread house competition.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas music]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- The beginning of December brings happiness and holiday cheer. At my house it signals baking cookies and wrapping presents, along with putting up and decorating the towering ten foot tall Christmas tree. Classic holiday films play on television such as the 2000 remake of Dr. Seuss’ classic book How the Grinch Stole Christmas. As a child, I waited, giddy with excitement, at the theatre just to see the debut. Looking back, I was probably as thrilled for the movie as for Christmas itself. Because I fell in love with the story, this movie is a favorite choice during the month of December at my house.... [tags: sound, music, visual elements]
695 words (2 pages)
- A month before I started school at Rainshadow Community Charter High School and my last year of mandatory education, I came here to Burlington, Vermont to tour a couple schools I’d received mail from. I wanted to see if maybe there was something more for me out East than there would have been back home at the same school where nearly every high schooler in my city ended up attending. As good a school as UNR was, it just wasn’t for me. I had bigger dreams. I wanted to be a writer and even though they had a nationally accredited journalism program, I wanted to write fiction and nonfiction, not hard hitting news pieces.... [tags: High school, English-language films, Grinch]
767 words (2.2 pages)
- If you know this song, it 's probably now stuck in your head. Kind of like "It 's A Small World." Now you have two annoying songs stuck in your head. You 're welcome. Just sharing the joy. Everyone has their favorite Christmas movie and no holiday season is truly complete until you 've sat down with your family to watch it. In our family it is Charlie Brown Christmas, It 's A Wonderful Life, and How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Occasionally we 'll also included The Polar Express, Frosty, Rudolph, The Little Drummer Boy, Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, and Miracle On 34th Street.... [tags: I Love Lucy, Desi Arnaz, Comedy, Lucille Ball]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- What do you want for Christmas “Attention holiday shoppers, don’t miss your opportunity to have your picture taken with Santa and his Elves. And today only Macy’s special holiday sale…” Think back to last year. For the Holidays what did you give and what did you get. I can almost guarantee you that for the gifts you bought you either spent long hours searching a department store or long hours racking your brain for what to buy. The perfect gift, where can I get it. And how much will it cost.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1259 words (3.6 pages)