The world is buzzing with the term – Internet of Things. The boom of IoT is not just limited to commercial or industrial sectors but it’s there in almost every household, schools, universities, malls and where not. Internet of Things represents how digital technology has taken over all around the globe.
According to Gartner Inc. forecast around 6.4 billion connected things will be in use in 2016 which is 30% more from the year 2015.
Internet of Things can be defined as communication of physical objects with sensors which are linked through wired or wireless network. There are a lot of such IoT devices – Wearable devices like FitBit, Household devices like Amazon Echo Dot, Nest Cam, Industrial devices in energy sector, healthcare sector, Aerospace and defense sector.
In just few years, IoT has taken over all the sectors and continues to do so. As per Gartner Inc. there will be around 20.8 billion connected things in use by the year 2020. With advances in IoT technology, the day is not far when IoT devices will have better visualizations, smarter sensors and increased reliability. The key challenges at present for IoT are precision, connectivity, scalability and the most important one – Security.
Cybersecurity is the most challenged sector at all times. Any domain, any industry, any digital technology – all are struck with cyber-attacks. With IoT, the challenge is even more since the technology has opportunity for various vulnerabilities. According to a report in The Wall Street Journal, hackers infected a huge number of cameras pointing to the easy crackdown and depicting the vulnerability of connected devices.
WHAT IS INTERNET OF THINGS?
Internet of Things is one of the most trending technology of the rec...
... middle of paper ...
...as the customer. Its providing better user experience to the customers since at every point there is competition amongst industries to provide users with better product leading to innovative advances in technology. Summarizing some of the opportunities created by IoT below:
• New Business opportunities
• Better understanding about customers
• Improved user experience
• Better decision making
• Advances in technology and innovations
• Improved infrastructure
• Cost reductions
• Smarter industrial evolutions and devices
IoT is thus affecting each and every industry in its full capacity for good. With competition and advances, its providing an area of evolution.
Though, there are a lot of benefits of Internet of Things, the real-time devices are after all connected and are sending data. The biggest concern of connected data at given point of time is its security.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Maintaining Our Differences We have taken giant leaps towards connecting the people all across the globe. The process to get to this ease of connection has taken many turns throughout history. Control and integrative cultures have played a large part in the changing cultures. “It [The Protestant Reformation in Europe] sought to suppress the cult of the virgin Mary and reestablish the supremacy of the Father-to make Christianity a more perfectly patriarchal religion and de-sacralize ‘Mother’ Nature”.(Slater 33) We have gone to such great lengths to wipe out cultural and religious differences in the past.... [tags: Culture, Religion, Globalization, Christianity]
1554 words (4.4 pages)
- Racism in America and Around the World Racism is a very hot topic in the United States right now; I find it to be a very sensitive subject for many people and is widely talked about. Racism in America today tends to be a concern for blacks, Muslims and Mexicans in America. Today we are widely talking about different social movements; like black lives matter, Muslim lives matter and Latino lives matter. All face different problems in the eye of many different Americans. Throughout America the most widely talked about race regarding racism are the blacks.... [tags: Racism, Race, Ku Klux Klan, United States]
1053 words (3 pages)
- How Technology Affects Us Now and How It Will In The Future Imagine waking up and not having a car to take you to work, and you can’t get coffee from a machine or watch the news on TV. This is the kind of morning you’d have if you didn’t have technology. It’s kind of hard to imagine and a bit scary too because technology is something we use every day. As you may know technology is everywhere and very hard to avoid. There are some things you don’t even realize relate to technology, but it’s somehow connected to it.... [tags: technology, TV, media]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- The Use of Technology to Cheat “What’s the answer to question number 19” asked the boy sitting next to Laura. Adjusting a seat or tilting a head to be able to look at a class mate paper is as prehistoric as are dinosaurs. Cheating has occurred since the erection of the first schoolhouse. However, it has since been taken to a new level over the last decade or so. That can be accredited in part to the new high tech alternatives that have emerged within our societies. No more answers written on small pieces of papers with words so tiny that only a microscope can see them or the palms of ones hands fully covered in ink.... [tags: Technology Negative Impact]
1974 words (5.6 pages)
- Technological advancement causes an assortment of problems in today’s society. People use several forms of technology on a daily basis; a couple of which include, cell phones and computers. Technology causes problems at work, at home, and even the social lives of people all around the globe. Technology has caused a high percentage of problems, usually through assistance of the internet. People use computers as a source of technology to deceive others, and cause them mental and physical harm; cell phones are another type of technology that has caused people to become easily distracted, and dependent upon this device, and for cyber bullying to become an increasingly deadly problem.... [tags: Mobile phone, Bullying, Internet, Causality]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- Prior to taking this course, my perspective on globalization was limited since I had little knowledge and experience with this topic. I failed to give much thought to the educational practices or policies that are implemented across the globe. Nonetheless, I discovered that there are various factors to consider when it comes to the process that these countries have taken to successfully integrate technology into their K-12 education system. Before even taking this course, I will admit that I have thought about how great it would be to connect with educators or health professionals across the globe, but I never thought I could make it happen.... [tags: Education, School, Educational psychology]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- Ball Aerospace and Technologies Corporation is a leading provider of Aerospace hardware. They specialize in the design and development in imaging and precision attitude control. Ball Aerospace and DigitalGlobe have been working together since the mid 90’s and Ball has been a key partner in meeting the increased demand for earth imaging and enhancing the geospatial information market. With the success of QuickBird, which was launched in 2001, images as small as 2 feet can be identified. Because of this, the two Companies merged their technologies and started working towards higher resolution capabilities in the aerospace industry.... [tags: Business, Aerospace Hardware, Digital Globe]
907 words (2.6 pages)
- In the globalized world of today, technology has made borders almost nonexistent as a result of the amazing accessibility and ease of communications that has shrunk the world to an amazingly miniscule size. The ability to spread a nation 's or a company 's products and services to people around the world has truly served as a phenomenon that has indeed transformed the world into a global village. Through inclusion of the many cultures and traditions, this great transformation taking place across the globe is also having an amazing phenomenal and positive effect on education as well.... [tags: Education, High school, College, School]
1294 words (3.7 pages)
- We as humans in the recent times have made the world almost inhabitable, posing the dangers to both ourselves and other inhabitants. This has been catalyzed by industrialization and technology. The fast growing inventions, innovations and the unhealthy industrial competition between countries has led to many global problems e.g. Global financial crisis, global warming. The 2007-09 world financial crises have been a persistent reminder of the many-sided nature of the disaster. It hit from small and large to poor and wealthy countries.... [tags: global warming, financial warming, inhabitable]
754 words (2.2 pages)
- Weather and Technology Weather has been almost an unpredictable element that the world faces every day. Predicting weather has almost been impossible until technology came into the picture. There have been big technological breakthroughs with satellites and radars that help forecasters predict future weather conditions all around the world. Technologies has advanced throughout the years and are continuing to become more advanced today. Technology has helped scientist understand the most dangerous natural disasters in the world to help protect the public and allow society get to a safe location when the time is necessary.... [tags: essays papers]
1145 words (3.3 pages)