Technology has improved the lives of many in a drastic way. The way that others communicate with one another is no longer hours on the phone. In fact technology makes it as easy as just texting or emailing someone without talking in person. Text messaging is the way communication is approached by the current generation which is different from the past generation. Texting will have a long-term effect if young adults don’t learn how to communicate with the older generation.
Texting comes with learning how to abbreviate to make the message go through quicker. The current generation grew up with this form of communicating with others, but the past generation seems to have trouble adapting to this new form of communication. Abbreviations is not the formal English many would say, because they feel that abbreviations is something new in the language but in reality it is not. In the essay “Will Text Messaging Destroy The English Language” Dallas Spires mentions how codes are another form of abbreviations and they have been used for a long time by doctors,police,etc. These type of communications help professionals get their job done in a faster way that can help make their job run a little smoother.
Texting,email, skype, facetime are all great inventions that have helped many people communicate with others from all over the globe. Many however, believe that technology has made people communicate but not connect. Someone can be talking on the phone but be doing something else and not really listening to the other person. In the essay “Connectivity And Its Discontents” Sherry Turkle mentations Ellen, who talks about how when she would talk to her grandma she feels that she wasn’t giving her the attention needed. And that is why she felt th...
... middle of paper ...
...hings that have been lost in the advancements on technology. Gaining these skills is what makes a person standout to the people in which they are competing for a job. Once the younger generation learns how these skills will help their life improve, the better the younger and older generation will understand each other.
Technology is a great tool and it has made the lives of the young adults much easier, but compromises must be made with how it is used. The older generation must understand that technology is not leaving anytime soon and it is something they must adapt too. Technology was not made to make communication a thing of the pass but instead further it. In fact the younger generation needs to learn that a one on one communication is still important in their life. Communication is what helps build who a person is and how people express themselves to others.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In today’s world technology plays a vital role in different parts of our lives. It has eased life responsibilities and day-to-day business. Furthermore, according to admin “The rise of the internet technology has improved our daily lives in many ways. The world business and trade has become faster, easier and more reliable.” (Admin).For instance, technology enables us to transger cash online, buy online products, perform digital work, and many more. It has also evolved workplaces into business organizations due to the drastic innovation of technologies; such as Internet, robots, online storage (cloud computing), and many other technological devices.... [tags: Robotics, Robot, Internet, Company]
1138 words (3.3 pages)
- Technology has improved the lives of many in a drastic way. The way that others communicate with one another is no longer hours on the phone. In fact technology makes it as easy as just texting or emailing someone without talking in person. Text messaging is the way communication is approached by the current generation which is different from the past generation. Texting will have a long-term effect if young adults don’t learn how to communicate with the older generation. Texting comes with learning how to abbreviate to make the message go through quicker.... [tags: Communication, Writing, Instant messaging]
802 words (2.3 pages)
- In the twentieth and twenty-first centuries, technology has increased worldwide and affected many aspects of human life. Unarguably, advancement in technology over the years has made our lives easier. Advances in research, diagnosis, and treatment, (particularly during the past couple of generations) have significantly contributed to both the length and quality of human life. Medical Technology has improved humanity physically through Surgery, Diagnostics and the use of information technology in the administration of patient care.... [tags: Human Improvement, Patient Care]
1226 words (3.5 pages)
- Technology Living with technology for about a decade, many question whether its improvements has affected society for better or worse. As technology improves over the years we are able to socialize more efficiently, improve medicine techniques, improve the quality of education, and simplify our private life including security. As a result of this change in the improvement technology it has significantly altered our status in society in a positive way due to society being more intertwined with technology we have the opportunity to improve our society now and the years to come.... [tags: Better, Improve, Education, Technology]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- Networking with friends and family across long distances has been a concern of mankind for centuries. People have always relied on communication to boost their relationships. When face-to-face discussions are not possible or not convenient, humans have brainstormed plenty of artistic solutions. The first methods of communicating across great distances used written correspondence delivered by hand from one person to another. In other words they wrote letters. The earliest form of postal service dates back to 550 B.C., and this ancient delivery system would become more widespread and streamlined in future centuries.... [tags: Social network service, Facebook, Twitter]
1466 words (4.2 pages)
- Canada struggled through many of the obstacles of war in World War 1. All their soldiers fought for their country in order to acquaintance peace throughout their land. A lot of Canada’s brave, young soldiers died for what they did in order to promote the end of war. But, after their success they came back home to their wonderful nation of Canada, they were treated with many rewards and relaxed the rest of their lives with their awaiting families. However, were their lives improved during the 1920’s.... [tags: world war I, first world war, canada]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- The past two decades have overwhelmed the human experience with technology, along with all its distractions. The direct relationship between the mind and the body’s ability to adjust from these distractions can be extremely difficult .Further research has shown that it has become an addiction for many. Technology has significantly improved our lives as a whole through experiences such as Global Positioning System (GPS), cell phones and social networking allowing us to communicate with different people around the world.... [tags: Pros and Cons of Technology]
1865 words (5.3 pages)
- Unbridled technology There is no doubt that technology has advanced tremendously in the last half-century. Technology has provided extraordinary improvements to our world; being an endless source of entertainment and nonstop communication anywhere at any time. But are these technological advancements a good thing. The youth of today are constantly immersed in these technological advancements whether through cell phones, gaming systems, or laptops. As technology continues to advance it is negatively affecting our health, communication skills, and the education of youth.... [tags: modern technology, improvement]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- Impact of Technology and Improved Transportation of Information Today, we are in the midst of a continuing technological communications revolution that is unprecedented in world history. The computer has contributed greatly to this, for with such newer technology as computer linkups, often by way of satellites, information is available almost everywhere in the world virtually instantaneously, in seemingly unlimited amounts, and at a low cost; that is planetary access has been achieved. In this sense, communication, abetted by better transportation of information, is continuing to make different parts of the earth’s surface more similar to each other, but now on a world rather than a n... [tags: Computers]
519 words (1.5 pages)
- In today's world, technology is constantly changing from a new paperclip to an improvement in hospital machinery. Technology lets people improve the way they live so that they can preserve their own personal energy and focus on the really important factors in life. Some people focus their energy on making new innovations to improve transportation and the health of people that may save lives and some people focus on making new designs of packaging CDS. Technology is significant in everyone's life because it rapidly changes what is in the market.... [tags: Cause Effect Technology Positive Negative]
1170 words (3.3 pages)