There are many ways that technology can be used in today’s society. It is important that every business knows how to use technology effectively. With the use of technology businesses can run more smoothly and efficiently. But technology can also create a problem within a business if it is not utilized correctly. This summer my family traveled to St. Thomas for a family vacation. Getting to St. Thomas was not a problem, but leaving the island there were a lot of difficulties with the use of technology that made it almost impossible to leave. St. Thomas is a part of the U.S. Virgin Islands. The population is around 51,000 people. The level of technology on the islands is pretty basic, especially within the airport. The airport in St. Thomas will be the main focus of this paper. There are several reasons how the service technology in the St. Thomas airport was not employed effectively and how important technology is to an airport. There are also recommendations on how this organization could use existing technology to improve your service experience.
Service Technology Definitions
Next are some service technology definitions. The book Services Marketing states that “because reliability is one cornerstone of service quality, technology can be a formidable tool for increasing service quality” (pg. 36). Another definition is the technology lock, which is “one of the biggest problems in customer interface design occurs because technological designs persist long after their functional value is gone” (pg. 43)
During our trip to St. Thomas the flights getting there went smoothly. It was the same experience getting there as the hundred other flights my family has taken all throughout the United States. W...
... middle of paper ...
...e employees used to the technology that is available to them.
These are some of the recommendations that are available for the St. Thomas Airport. It is important for every employee to feel comfortable working at the airport and for the travelers to feel as if they are being looked after in this new technological age. Technology definitely plays an important role in today’s economy and it is important that the St. Thomas airport keep up with the advances.
Overall the technology at the St. Thomas Airport was lacking. There was a lot of different things that they could improve to increase the technology level. This paper discussed:
• service technology definitions
• the service encounter
• the role of technology in airports
• some recommendations for the St. Thomas Airport
o Update technology
o Use mobile websites
o Teach employees to utilize technology
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In today’s society technology can be found virtually everywhere. Yet, school districts and teachers are faced with difficulties in implementing these educational tools that are so readily available. Having the proper tools and the ability to utilize these tools is only the beginning of the complications educators currently face. The focused educator for this interview is William Kimbley, who is currently the Staff Development and Curriculum Specialist for Instructional Technology & 21st Century Learning for Tulare County Office of Education (TCOE).... [tags: Education, Teacher, Educational psychology]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- Technology is evolving rapidly in today’s society. Different types of technology are coming into the scene. One piece that has been revealed and is used by millions of people is 3D printers. In the documentary “Print the Legend,” viewers can learn about the process of making a 3D printer and the marketing behind this piece of technology. However, there is a hidden message in the documentary “Print the Legend.” That message is no matter what obstacle you may face you can always overcome it through hard work.... [tags: Inkjet printer, 3D printing, Stereolithography]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- In recent years technology has taken over society and almost everything revolves around it. With the help of the “modern technology” every aspect of life gotten faster and more efficient, but it has changed the way people process information and performs tasks. Many researchers have studied how computer have changed society in somehow meaningful and also meaningless ways. Today computer technology has positive as well negative effects on people 's daily lives because it is convenient, fast but also it can cause an accident.... [tags: Mobile phone, Bluetooth, GSM services]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- Technology has changed the way society has interacted with one another. While technology has allowed society countless means of social interactions that weren’t possible 50 years ago, and has allowed people to sustain long-distance friendships that would have otherwise ended, the fact remains that technology is still taking over human interaction. Many may argue that this change has been positive. However, there are those who believe that this is one of the numerous social disasters when it comes to technology.... [tags: Technology, Science, Human, Prehistory]
1245 words (3.6 pages)
- Every day the world is changing and things are done differently. Technology has also affected the way students are taught and in which they learn. It has changed the classroom. Technology saves us time and allows us to access material in only minutes. “The Internet and online subscription databases, even as a supplement to the printed works in the library, allow students to see, and force them to consider or reject, points of view that they might never have encountered in decades past” (Gow 4).With all the time technology produces, it also has downsides and it also may have created a less intelligent society.... [tags: Technology]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- Technology today Technology today is becoming very dominate in today’s world. Anywhere someone goes, besides the wilderness, they will most likely be surrounded by some sorts of technology in their lives. Hospitals, cars, homes, department stores, grocery stores, etc. are filled with technology. People are becoming so dependent on technology that some feel lost or helpless without technology in their lives at every second. This is an example of television and cell phones. A person can think their life is at an absolute end without their cell phone either right next to them or in their hands.... [tags: Sociology, Mobile phone, Technology, Psychology]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- Technology and Society Historical evolution of technology and its impact on society In society today, technology plays an important role in people's lives and in businesses and organizations around the world. "Most technologies existing today were designed to expedite the way we manage, store, handle, analyze, and communicate information." It has evolved over many years and the beginning of it can be traced back to the Industrial Revolution where machines began to replace the manual labor of skilled workers.... [tags: Society Technology Innovation Change]
1664 words (4.8 pages)
- Technology is everywhere. It is in community phones, computers, and radios. No matter where you go or who you meet, technology will be there. America has become dependant on technology, so much that it has become useful for giving punishments to children. (By taking their phone, music device, or computer away.) Many have grown accustomed, to having internet when and where they want it. However, it wasn’t always like this, not even a decade ago phones were still being created, more developed, and improved.... [tags: Technology Essays]
2013 words (5.8 pages)
- Information Technology has the potential to change societal structure and processes similar in scale to that of both the Agricultural Revolution and the Industrial Revolution. On this basis governments should ensure provision of Information Technology to all members of society as a matter of urgency. Discuss. Today, we are experiencing a technological revolution. There is nothing silent or stealthy about it – we are aware of new technology arriving every year. In-your-face advertising and attractive shop displays tempt buyers at every turn, and this year’s new model is next year’s dinosaur.... [tags: IT Technology Society Effect]
1099 words (3.1 pages)
- Music and the relationships of music have changed drastically in our society. The course of studies and the evaluations of the applications of the technology of music, the making and the listening of music have changed in the way we listen to music, the styles of music in our society and in the media. The importance of the technology in music today, has, over the past century been charted through the study of musical examples and through viewing how human values are reflected in this century's timely music.... [tags: Music Technology Society]
1000 words (2.9 pages)