In recent years, technology has become the most used and preferred way of communicating, extending across many platforms. All of these programs, such as e-mail, instant messaging, social networking websites in conjunction with text messaging and the ability to access all of these entities on the go, have come into fruition based on the immense and widely found growth made in technological advancements that have occurred in our society. With this, a massive change has developed in regards to referencing how we as humans engage in communication. We have now shifted into a society that relies heavily on the existence of digital communication, whether it be through the means of a mobile device (text messaging) or the Internet (Facebook, Twitter, etc). Most of the current living generations have inadvertently come to find themselves amongst immeasurable change in the ways in which they are now communicating based on the introduction of social networking sites and the growing appreciation for e-mail and text message. From this, the majority of our society may be possibly hindering and hurting their ability to communicate in an effective way; regarding the ways in which they choose to communicate inside and outside of the recently developed overshadowing and all encompassing digital world.
As the means for communicating digitally are rapidly changing, so much so that it is hard in nature to even keep aligned with the updates, a new method of communication has been formed including a new language or slang stemming from the semantics of the latest and greatest technology introduced to the market. Adults and especially forthcoming teens and adolescents are changing their methods of communication in order to keep up with the newest technol...
... middle of paper ...
...r social cues, rights and wrongs, and how to effectively communicate their ideas without having to type it out. If we continue to ignore how social networking and our devices have come to affect how we as adults communicate, how can we teach our upcoming generations to present their ideas in a clear and concise manner? Communication is one of the greatest tools we have formed in our lifetime as humans. We must continue to appreciate communication and contribute to it’s legacy in a way that makes interactions outside of the digital realm as effective as possible. If we fail to do this and become trampled by the ever-growing digital world, our efforts in learning, teaching and creating ways to communicate effectively will certainly become hindered. If this concept is forgotten, all means of communication (digital and non-digital) will be reduced and deemed ineffective.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In recent years technology has taken over society and almost everything revolves around it. With the help of the “modern technology” every aspect of life gotten faster and more efficient, but it has changed the way people process information and performs tasks. Many researchers have studied how computer have changed society in somehow meaningful and also meaningless ways. Today computer technology has positive as well negative effects on people 's daily lives because it is convenient, fast but also it can cause an accident.... [tags: Mobile phone, Bluetooth, GSM services]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- Technology has changed our society in numerous ways in terms of development and it has evolved immensely within the last couple of decades. Everything is becoming more compact, more capable, and more efficient. A simple text message allows us to have a full on conversation with others without even opening our mouths to speak. Apps such as Skype or Apple’s FaceTime allow users to connect ‘face-to-face’ with someone across the country or even across the world within seconds. These innovative and instant forms of communication no doubt allow us to connect in a quicker and more efficient way; however, in terms of ‘connect’ing as a society, one may begin to wonder if we are becoming too dependen... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, SMS]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- Introduction There are many ways that technology can be used in today’s society. It is important that every business knows how to use technology effectively. With the use of technology businesses can run more smoothly and efficiently. But technology can also create a problem within a business if it is not utilized correctly. This summer my family traveled to St. Thomas for a family vacation. Getting to St. Thomas was not a problem, but leaving the island there were a lot of difficulties with the use of technology that made it almost impossible to leave.... [tags: Technology, Information technology, Employment]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- For everyone today, technology plays a large part in everyday life. Technology has a wide range of benefits which is a reason technology has become so integral today. Technology has helped from elementary school children, to wealthy CEO’s. However, there is also a camp that thinks we should limit technology because of its negative effects. Frankly, I believe that we are afraid of change. We are afraid of new endeavors, new frontiers to explore; which is why people are so against technology. I think that an unfortunate flaw that humanity possesses is that, everyone calls for change.... [tags: Technology, Artificial intelligence, Psychology]
1732 words (4.9 pages)
- Dating nowadays has evolved into something similar to a math equation. Technology has changed society and culture so much in the 21st century that something which did not seem normal probably 30 years ago seems mundane now: meeting people via computer. In order to find the most compatible person, suddenly people are not able to find “the one” and need the help of a computer to tell them who their personality matches with, causing many people to not develop proper social skills along with confidence.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- Technology rapidly changes the landscape of our society. It’s important for a company to remain current by utilizing technology both internally and externally. Externally, companies should be using social media sites such as Linked-in, Facebook and Twitter and their corporate websites as a tool to promote their business products and industry expertise. Technology is used as a method to communicate to both prospective and current customers as well as to the surrounding communities. Internally, technology sets the pace as to methods companies will use to communicate with their employees, store documents, and conduct processes necessary to survive in a competitive nature.... [tags: Social media, Communication, Telecommuting]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- Unplugged Without evidence we can all agree that there has been a drastic change in our society over the past decade through the usage of the internet and all this new and improved technology we are all becoming dependant on. This usage of technology is taking over many aspects of our lives such as social interactions, our learning abilities and time management just to name a few. We are all given such easy access to technology that makes it some much faster and easier to communicate and be up to date with people and news that we are growing to use this everyday.... [tags: Thought, Mind, Human, Science]
1129 words (3.2 pages)
- In recent years, technology has become the most used and preferred way of communicating, extending across many platforms. All of these programs, such as e-mail, instant messaging, social networking websites in conjunction with text messaging and the ability to access all of these entities on the go, have come into fruition based on the immense and widely found growth made in technological advancements that have occurred in our society. With this, a massive change has developed in regards to referencing how we as humans engage in communication.... [tags: Instant messaging, Social network service]
3041 words (8.7 pages)
- Technological Programs Who’s side are you on. Today I will present the top three most used technological programs up to date; Apple, Microsoft, and Android. The reason I chose this topic is because technology has shaped our modern society and taken a huge role in individuals daily lives. Technology has been around for many years however in the late 20th century it started to become more popular to have technological devices. Everyday there is competition to see which program is better and has a better image .... [tags: Apple Inc., IPhone, ITunes Store, Macintosh]
813 words (2.3 pages)
- Technology as a whole has allowed our society to excel in multiple ways. As a result of the power of the Internet, the capability of communicating with each other simply by a click of a button. Due to this, communication has transmuted the way mail is sent. Before the internet, which has allowed the capability of sending each other emails, writing a letter and sending it through the mail was unquestionably the foundation of communication. Society has been writing letters for centuries, it’s purpose still holds true today, but it does not share the same equivalency that it once sustained.... [tags: Internet, E-mail, Postage stamp, Mail]
776 words (2.2 pages)