I have grown as a problem solver and decision maker in terms of using my skills in reading, writing, mathematics, social studies, and science. Mathematics and science in particular have helped me analyze situations and manipulate the variables in order to see things in different perspectives. I have learnt that in order to come to a solution or decision you have to take into consideration many different factors as we would in mathematics and science. Reading and writing have taught me another aspect of problem solving, reading and writing requires a lot of reading in between the lines and using literary devices to decode writing which is also very helpful when solving problems. When I come across a problem I use all the skills I have acquired to come to a decision.
Technology has become a major part of our daily lives so it has also become a great tool in terms of assisting me in my education. I have been able to use technology in all different subjects, using apps and websites such as Microsoft Office, Prezi, YouTube, Dictionaries, Thesauruses, Google, editing apps, in addition to many others. I use technology to research, revise, and present for school projects and assignments. Technology can be very beneficial if used appropriately.
I have developed social skills particularly through the last three years I’ve spent in high school, I had always been an introverted person but through the years I came out of my shell and became more outgoing. Projects in which we had to do pubic speaking or present, initially intimidated me profoundly, however through the years, with practice I have become much more comfortable with speaking i...
... middle of paper ...
...ut my future, and where I want to be in the future. I have learnt what my priorities are and what I want from my life, in terms of personal, social, intellectual, and career goals.
The skills I have gained have assisted me in effectively and safely with others, and have helped me succeed as an individual and in a collaborative group. I have acquired these skills specifically from my part-time job with Tim Horton’s because I had to work as a group with my team members to ensure that we as a team work well together and provide the best possible customer service. However, I also was recognized as an individual, because I was awarded a promotion to a supervisory position due to my responsible attitude and behavior. I have also worked safely with all of my co-workers, and completed safety courses with my co-workers to ensure that my co-workers and I stay safe at work.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Modern Techonology We live in a time where technology is so advanced that it is taking over our lives. As human beings we are occasionally lazy and tend to look for shortcuts to make our lives easier. It is no lie that technology has helped humans become smarter and be more efficient because what we have accomplished in the past half a century. Modern technology does not just effect your electrical bill but is changes who we really are as humans. It is clear that technology is almost considered to be like an arm or a leg nowadays.... [tags: Science, Technology, Computer, Human]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Today, technology has been invading our life. As we are in the twenty first century, technology is becoming more and more reliable for human to be dependant on. The growth of technology innovation is seen increasing sharply over the past few years. With the creation of technology, human now may think less and let the technology do their job. There are pro and cons having technology helping us with our daily life. For example, almost everyone can’t let go of their phone off their hands. When we gather together, almost everyone just stick their face to their smartphone and scroll social media applications.... [tags: Technology, Science, Human, Personal life]
961 words (2.7 pages)
- Information technology has become very important in our daily lives, on whole people around the world in different countries, developed countries and developing countries together without exception, the life become impossible without technology we become more depending on technology and increasing every day more than before , so nowadays we realized that all levels of our lives depending on this technology “the way we live, the way we communicate, the way we travel, the way we learn and so many changes have been brought about by these continuous technological advancements.... [tags: Mobile phone, Technology, Personal life]
703 words (2 pages)
- In this ever changing world we live in, technology seems to be at the epicenter of every choice we make throughout our hectic lifestyles. The human race has become reliant on technology to help us throughout our days and make our lives easier. Schools, offices and homes are just some of the institutions that have been completely taken over by technology since the boom of computer systems that were thought to make life easier and faster. Technology has helped with numerous areas of our lives, but could it be the cause of dehumanizing us.... [tags: Human, Family, Change, Sociology]
855 words (2.4 pages)
- Media and technology have an ever increasing role in how we as humans communicate with one another as well as help impact our culture. The printed word, once able to be mass produced helped usher in an era where where people could seek the education and reading skills they desired, brought print and knowledge to the masses. Now with the more common use of digital communication and media outlets, our options for information and communication are almost entirely unimpeded. Technology allows us to live through multiple Renaissance type periods filled with ever growing pools of information from which to share, and culture changing happenings coming from every corner of our connected world.... [tags: Mass media, Media, Media technology]
1238 words (3.5 pages)
- When the first cell phone came out, it was literally called a “brick phone.” After that phones started to get smaller and smaller all the way down to the sleek Motorlla Razor, then after that phones started to get bigger and bigger: having bigger screens, bigger memories, bigger better cameras. This is the same kind of process the internet has had. It started of slow, not very useful and not common in most houses but as it became faster, and more attainable more people started to get it in their homes.... [tags: Internet, Mobile phone, History of technology]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- To take a picture of oneself is not a new concept to us, but the title for such an action has more recently been known as the 'selfie '. This new-term is a fairly modernistic word, which has recently been added to the dictionary and has also created a hit song called, 'But First Let Me Take a Selfie ' by The Chainsmokers (2014). Between our technological advances, to corporately controlled media where we are constantly being told what we should look like, to our personal social media bringing the comparison and self judgment closer to home, these issues have great effects on our developing generations.... [tags: Self-esteem, Self, Technology, Happiness]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- Over the years, technology has become one of the most influential forces on society. With the continuous evolving of technology, people all over the world have been subjects to the irresistible impact that technology has on their everyday lives. Technology has helped to create many ways in which people are able to escape from liabilities that come along within life. This escape allows people to become involved in society in ways that they normally would not in a physical setting. With the help of William E.... [tags: Environment, Life, Mind, Environment]
705 words (2 pages)
- It is the year 2025, technology has completely reshaped the way we view relationships. Children, and adults alike, log onto to their social media profiles, start up their game consoles, or simply turn on the television and get their daily dose of life. They no longer need a friend to gossip with, they no longer need friends to get the daily scoop on life, it is all virtual. Interpersonal relationships are becoming a thing of the past because people can simply find everything out via the internet or the news.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Family, Friendship]
1777 words (5.1 pages)
- App Theories Born and raised into a society in this world where technology is all around me, I happen to be prone to it. A society where I can walk upon a street with numerous of people who appear to be face planted into their cellular devices. Some use their phone to speak to a voice control. By easily pressing a button, their words are then molded into questions that are answered by an anonymous voice. Another half may be placing an order for an Uber or Lyft transportation service to take them to a certain destination.... [tags: Mobile phone, Technology, Adult, Babysitting]
1010 words (2.9 pages)